Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm tapping out. The Kenobi announcements, and new show announcements today just keep telling me this franchise isn't for me anymore. Im done crying about it, Im done being upset, Im done being disappointed. This isn't my Star Wars anymore, and I'm just going to need to move on. 

I'll still chime in to discuss some Legends material I'm enjoying, if you're down to discuss that with me. But I'm done with this new shit. 

Have your fun though. I'm happy for you that you all still like this franchise. 

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Just finished the episode. I'm stunned. What a season.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    When he came on screen i felt a sense of excitement and joy that i havent felt watching Star Wars since the original trilogy. Star Wars is saved
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I really hope everyone got to see that without being spoiled. I was legit surprised. It's all over social media though. That's a shame.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    edited December 2020
    Lol
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I hope the chill with the cameos going forward though, it makes the universe feel small
    You mean like how the prequels had a young Greedo on Tattoine in Episode 1 for no fucking reason? Or how C3PO was created by Anakin for no reason other than to shoehorn him in? And how R2D2 followed Obi Wan around for years despite Obi Wan not recognizing him A New Hope? And they magically wind up on in the possession of Jawas in the same neighborhood Luke grew up in? Or shoehorning Boba Fett into the prequel trilogy? Or Jaba the Hutt? 
    edited December 2020
    I hope the chill with the cameos going forward though, it makes the universe feel small
    You mean like how the prequels had a young Greedo on Tattoine in Episode 1 for no fucking reason? Or how C3PO was created by Anakin for no reason other than to shoehorn him in? And how R2D2 followed Obi Wan around for years despite Obi Wan not recognizing him A New Hope? And they magically wind up on in the possession of Jawas in the same neighborhood Luke grew up in? Or shoehorning Boba Fett into the prequel trilogy? Or Jaba the Hutt? 
    Greeto was stupid too. A lot of those were stupid. Boba and Jaba at least made sense. 

But Mandalorian does it so much more obtusely. In the prequel trilogy, it was at least a thin attempt to bridge everything to the Skywalkers. 

In Mandalorian it feels more like "hey, you like this character, right? Check em out here!" 

Ive said I didnt mind Ahsoka's cameo. And they did Boba well. Didnt like Bo-Katan or the "big character" from the last episodes inclusion. But 4 cameos in 8 episodes is too much imo. Especially this last one. 

And I even liked this season. But this show isnt a masterpiece, and I hope they iron some things out next season. Season 2 was a huge step up from season 1. Hopefully they keep improving. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    I'm tapping out. The Kenobi announcements, and new show announcements today just keep telling me this franchise isn't for me anymore. Im done crying about it, Im done being upset, Im done being disappointed. This isn't my Star Wars anymore, and I'm just going to need to move on. 

I'll still chime in to discuss some Legends material I'm enjoying, if you're down to discuss that with me. But I'm done with this new shit. 

Pass the god damn butter.
    When he came on screen i felt a sense of excitement and joy that i havent felt watching Star Wars since the original trilogy. Star Wars is saved

Bruh... as soon as that Green laser sword lit up... and then the gloved hand...  it may not have been pulling a star destroyer from orbit with the force, but I’ll take it. My boy Luke did some new shit. Finally.

This season gave us so many great things.  

Wasnt even crying or being overly negative. But I forgot you guys cant have a discussion here unless its while sucking dick. 
    You tapped out. 
    You don’t get to un-tap. 

Wasnt even crying or being overly negative. But I forgot you guys cant have a discussion here unless its while sucking dick. 
    One day we'll figure out who touched you as a child and caused you to hate everything that doesn't apply to your 10 year old sensibilities 

One day we'll figure out who touched you as a child and caused you to hate everything that doesn't apply to your 10 year old sensibilities 
    not sure what "10 year old sensibilities" has to do with anything. I'm trying to discuss. None of you are willing to discuss negatives about anything. 
    Bro, you tapped. Tapping out is a sacred sign of surrender. GTFO. 
    Tap deez nuts

But I feel you 

not sure what "10 year old sensibilities" has to do with anything. I'm trying to discuss. None of you are willing to discuss negatives about anything. 

All you ever do is piss and moan about anything and everything people like. If it’s popular, you hate it. If you like it, it’s obscure as fuck. 

Picture this, if you will. 

We are all sitting around having a pleasant little picnic. There might be potato salad there, and I fucking hate potato salad, but I’ll just skip over that and have some mashed potatoes with bacon instead. Maybe Jake doesn’t like bacon for some god damned reason so he skips over the bacon and has the potato salad. Lance is over there having a great time sharing the jello cups with his kids, but he doesn’t like the fruit salad. Everybody likes the corn on the cob, but Mo brought some spicy Arab shit and only 2 other people liked it. Sure, there are things there people didn’t like, but we’re having fun enjoying the things we do like, having a great time talking and laughing at the picnic. 

Then you come in. 

You can’t just move past the the fucking macaroni. You don’t talk about how you like the green beans, or you like the mashed potatoes. You hate the jello and the fruit cups. You just get stuck complaining about everything that wasn’t up to your imaginary standard.  “They were red potatoes. That’s stupid. I wanted yellow potatoes.”  Everybody is having fun at the party, but you just complain about it the entire fucking time because you had more fun at the 2003 party and this party is different than that one was. All you want to do is piss an moan and drag everybody else’s mood down with yours, then you wonder why nobody at the party wants to talk to you. It’s cuz your constant negativity is toxic af bro.  Boo boo, you didn’t like it. Go find a new picnic. I skipped passed the potato salad and had a great fucking time. 
    What a retarded analogy

Imagine not wanting things you like to be better. 
    “I’d like this thing if it was a different thing”

You know how dumb that sounds? 

That’s you.