Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Kotor was the only good Star Wars thing ever. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Kotor is lit. But nah 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Showing my gf the Star Wars Holiday Special because she's never seen it

Good think we have strong egg nog 
    I hope the Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday special is as much of a fever dream
    Had to stop with Heir To The Empire because the audiobook I was listening to on Youtube only went up to chapter 6 :| 

So I found one for the first Republic Commando book. This is the coolest audio book I've ever listened to. Good production values, especially as since it's unofficial. Debating looking into something like Audible, but it doesn't seem like a good value. 
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCact1AZyU9kNkduirsPvtIw
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm getting into the books too. Current canon stuff though. I bought my fiancee the Ahsoka book for Christmas so I'll probably read that at some point. I also bought the rest of the new Thrawn Trilogy, and pre-ordered the High Republic books coming out in February.

I definitely need to explore some more Legends stuff though. I was heavy into it as a kid but once i hit 16 or 17 I kinda fell off
    edited December 2020
    I'm getting into the books too. Current canon stuff though. I bought my fiancee the Ahsoka book for Christmas so I'll probably read that at some point. I also bought the rest of the new Thrawn Trilogy, and pre-ordered the High Republic books coming out in February.

I definitely need to explore some more Legends stuff though. I was heavy into it as a kid but once i hit 16 or 17 I kinda fell off
    as a kid I read the Jedi Apprentice series and Boba Fett series. Barely remember them now, but I remember liking them as a kid. 

I never read the "adult" EU books. Just the games and stuff (and Wookiepedia). But Im finding Im enjoying listening to audio books on my way to/from work, so I'm going to try and find and listen through all the Republic Commando series, the original Thrawn trilogy, Darth Plaguis, and Death Troopers to start off. 
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    Thrawn Trilogy is dope. Check out the duology that came out a few years later, its underrated. I think they're called Vision of the future and shards of the past or something like that? 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Audible is dope. The production on SW audiobooks is well done. The narrators are usually pretty good, and there is a nice mix of sound effects in them (rumbling ships, lightsabers, explosions, etc) that most audiobooks don’t have. The Ahsoka book was narrated by Ashley herself. 

The “value” of Audible depends on the books you pick with your free monthly credit. A 45 hour book is obviously a better value than a 6 hour book. It definitely makes the dead time at work and the commute back and forth much better. 

Wheel of Time is a 14 book series all about 40 hours in length. It’s a massive undertaking to get through, but worth it. Currently in production to become a series on Amazon. (Can’t wait for that!)

Brandon Sanderson’s Cosmere will pumping out books for the next few decades if you want to jump into Mistborn or The Stormlight Archive. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Audible is dope. The production on SW audiobooks is well done. The narrators are usually pretty good, and there is a nice mix of sound effects in them (rumbling ships, lightsabers, explosions, etc) that most audiobooks don’t have. The Ahsoka book was narrated by Ashley herself. 

The “value” of Audible depends on the books you pick with your free monthly credit. A 45 hour book is obviously a better value than a 6 hour book. It definitely makes the dead time at work and the commute back and forth much better. 

Wheel of Time is a 14 book series all about 40 hours in length. It’s a massive undertaking to get through, but worth it. Currently in production to become a series on Amazon. (Can’t wait for that!)

Brandon Sanderson’s Cosmere will pumping out books for the next few decades if you want to jump into Mistborn or The Stormlight Archive. 
    Do you really only get 1 book a month though? Seems silly to pay a subscription for 1 book a month. 
    You get one credit a month with your subscription. Again, the perceived value of it depends on how long the book is and how many times you plan to listen to them. Audible is my go to entertainment while commuting back and forth from work.  I’m currently finishing up Return of the King after my annual Dec LOTR rewatch. Those books have great replay value.  I’ve only ever bought extra credits when I was originally going through the Wheel of Time series. I think I bought 2 “3 packs” of credits for that.  It’s like a 6+ month commitment to get through that story again, so if and when I do my monthly credits pile up for awhile. 

You can also send someone a free book (you only get 1 gift ever) so holler if anyone needs a free gift lol after they sign up for Audible. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    HOLY 
    FUCK
    HOLY 
    FUCK
    Fuck does this mean Kylo Ren killed Grogu???
    Also that after credits scene!!!!
    edited December 2020
    So we all agree that Ezra is going to be the one that answers the call? No way they have Luke do it. 

Ezra and Thrawn disappeared together so very good chance. But I do not underestimate what Dave is willing to give us. It’s unlikely, but not off the table. I’m sure Dave would love to give us full strength Luke. 
    Call the doctor. 
    My boner. 
    It hurts. 
    edited December 2020
    Thoughts:
    Cool scene with the guy, but also didnt fit and the CG looked bad. I dont like CG de-aging lol
    Glad the Grogu stuff will be done.
    I still dont like Bo-Katan, so hopefully she isnt in the next season much. 
    Post credit scene was really weird. 
    I hope the chill with the cameos going forward though, it makes the universe feel small 

Overall not sure how I feel about it yet. 

Edit: the soundtrack was wack. Honestly kind of a weak finale. 

Still 5.5/8 episodes were good, so I overall liked the season
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    Thanks for sharing. Your opinion is very important to us. 
    Thought this was a public forum
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT
    God damn what a fucking finale. Farveau and Filoni are the fucking kings. My penis is fully erect