Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'll cut out the analogy and make it much simpler: you are impossible to please and no matter what the show did you would still talk shit about it because its Disney.

"Cool scene with the guy, but also didnt fit and the CG looked bad. I dont like CG de-aging lol" 

We get to see Luke fucking Skywalker in his prime and on screen for the first time and this is what you focus on? That you don't like de-aging? Lol

"Glad the Grogu stuff will be done" 

You're glad one of the two main characters of the show wont be on any longer? 

"I still dont like Bo-Katan, so hopefully she isnt in the next season much"

She literally will be one of the biggest characters next season. You think she is just going to fuck off while Din has the darksaber? 

"Post credit scene was really weird"

In what way? Everyone else loved it. 

"I hope the chill with the cameos going forward though, it makes the universe feel small"

We've talked about this already but you dont complain when George Lucas did it in the prequels. And honestly no cameo so far has been egregious. They've all been connected through a degree of separation. Gideon has the darksaber (a Mandolarian weapon) which leads to Bo Katan, which leads to Ahsoka. Boba Fett is also a Mandalorian and it fits the theme of the show. Luke was the only surprising one to me but it makes sense because any other jedi is either too obscure like Ezra or Cal or is dead. 

"Edit: the soundtrack was wack. Honestly kind of a weak finale"

Lmao the soundtrack was great. The music playing while Luke kicked ass was perfect. 

So the best parts of the season, and the aspects that have been almost universally praised by Star Wars fans of all ages including Ahsoka, Bobba Fett, Grogu and Mando's relationship, Luke Skywalker, Bo Katan, etc, you don't like because reasons. At some point you have to just let yourself enjoy things. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    “I’d like this thing if it was a different thing”

You know how dumb that sounds? 

That’s you. 
    "I'd like Metallica if they were still thrash"
    "Man I miss metalcore All That Remains"
    "Buttrock Parkway Drive sucks, I wish they'd go hardcore again"
    "343's art direction for Halo sucks"
    "Game of Thrones's final season was so poorly written and out of character from the rest of the series"

Literally everybody does this to some degree with the things we care about. This applies to anything that used to make Thing A and now makes Thing B. It's normal for people who liked Thing A to want Thing A back if they don't like Thing B. 

But for some reason this thinking is taboo for Star Wars? Come on...

But whatever. You don't want negativity fine. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited December 2020

That’s you. 
    Except in this analogy, Metallica came out with a killer thrash EP and was the best thing they've done since the 80s. Old school thrashers love it, new fans love it, hell even hot topic kids and punk kids love it. 

So while everyone is taking about the tunes, you're bitching about song length and how Kirk switched guitar brands that he uses for recording. And then getting mad when no one wants to talk about it with you. 
    I'll cut out the analogy and make it much simpler: you are impossible to please and no matter what the show did you would still talk shit about it because its Disney.

"Cool scene with the guy, but also didnt fit and the CG looked bad. I dont like CG de-aging lol" 

We get to see Luke fucking Skywalker in his prime and on screen for the first time and this is what you focus on? That you don't like de-aging? Lol

She literally will be one of the biggest characters next season. You think she is just going to fuck off while Din has the darksaber? 

"I hope the chill with the cameos going forward though, it makes the universe feel small"

We've talked about this already but you dont complain when George Lucas did it in the prequels. And honestly no cameo so far has been egregious. They've all been connected through a degree of separation. Gideon has the darksaber (a Mandolarian weapon) which leads to Bo Katan, which leads to Ahsoka. Boba Fett is also a Mandalorian and it fits the theme of the show. Luke was the only surprising one to me but it makes sense because any other jedi is either too obscure like Ezra or Cal or is dead. 

Lmao the soundtrack was great. The music playing while Luke kicked ass was perfect. 

So the best parts of the season, and the aspects that have been almost universally praised by Star Wars fans of all ages including Ahsoka, Bobba Fett, Grogu and Mando's relationship, Luke Skywalker, Bo Katan, etc, you don't like because reasons. At some point you have to just let yourself enjoy things. 
    Ok, here:
    Keep in mind I don't like Clone Wars. I don't have emotional connections to any of those characters. I do not care about Ahsoka. I do not care about Bo-Katan. 

What I liked about the season:
    Mandalorian works best as a self contained work imo. When it keeps to itself, and stays away from Universe level events, I think it works very well as a space western. But it gets muddy when trying to connect everything together. It doesn't NEED to do that. I wish it would just stay as its own little set of stories, away from the Skywalkers and away from most other extended characters. 

I liked seeing Tuskan Raiders in a new light. Showing they have their own society, language, and nuance was cool. The part with the worm felt like an old western, and it was a definite highlight of the season. 

I didnt hate the Ahsoka episode. I actually thought her inclusion was tactfully done, and the story of the episode was good, with some of the better fight scenes in the show. Again, I don't care about Ahsoka so it could have been any surviving Jedi - Cal Kestis, whoever, for all I cared. I would have loved if they would bring back Kyle Katarn in some way personally. And I probably would have fanboyed had they done that. But regardless, good episode. 

Some of the episodes, like the frog eggs episode, felt like filler, but overall weren't bad and I was able to turn my brain off and enjoy those. 

Moff Gideon was a great villain, and I really grew to like his character by the end of the season. 

I actually didn't mind Boba Fett's inclusion either. I was expecting to hate him being in it. Like "oh great, more cheap key jingling", but they pulled him off well. They finally made him a badass after him being a joke for so long, and I actually wish they included him more in the finale as part of the group on the star destroyer (but had to do girl power!). There were some iffy plot-hole-ish elements with him, and I wish he wasn't with Fennec, but whatever. I accepted it. 

We finally got the fucking Dark Troopers. Been waiting to see more of them since Battlefront 2. 
    edited December 2020

That’s you. 
    Except in this analogy, Metallica came out with a killer thrash EP and was the best thing they've done since the 80s. Old school thrashers love it, new fans love it, hell even hot topic kids and punk kids love it. 

So while everyone is taking about the tunes, you're bitching about song length and how Kirk switched guitar brands that he uses for recording. And then getting mad when no one wants to talk about it with you. 
    I fuckin wish lol
    Its more like reality where we got Death Magnetic, which was ok, and a step in the right direction, but not quite there, and then Lulu happened. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    And at no point did you sit back and just enjoy shit and appreciate any of what they gave you. 

Boba fuck Fett came back. 
    Cobb firing the back pack middle like an action figure
    Boba firing it like a boss 
    Boba busting heads
    Slave 1 live action vertical take off 
    Ahsoka in the forest 
    live action dark saber fights 
    the aftermath of the war
    Pedro with a spear 
    making you cheer for tie fighters showing up 

The return of Luke fucking Skywalker wasn’t good enough for you. 

Not a peep of appreciation for the deep lore, for the obscure as fuck characters, vehicle designs, call backs to the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy, or filling the gaps on the sequel trilogy. Barely a word about how they fixed like 80% of your original complaints and that had to be dragged out of you. 

Pass the god damn butter.
    And now we know why MC hates Bo Katan lol. 

gIrL pOwEr
    edited December 2020
    It should have been Boba, he’s got a weiner - MC logic
    edited December 2020

Ok, here:
    Keep in mind I don't like Clone Wars. I don't have emotional connections to any of those characters. I do not care about Ahsoka. I do not care about Bo-Katan. 

Mandalorian works best as a self contained work imo. When it keeps to itself, and stays away from Universe level events, I think it works very well as a space western. But it gets muddy when trying to connect everything together. It doesn't NEED to do that. I wish it would just stay as its own little set of stories, away from the Skywalkers and away from most other extended characters. 

I liked seeing Tuskan Raiders in a new light. Showing they have their own society, language, and nuance was cool. The part with the worm felt like an old western, and it was a definite highlight of the season. 

I didnt hate the Ahsoka episode. I actually thought her inclusion was tactfully done, and the story of the episode was good, with some of the better fight scenes in the show. Again, I don't care about Ahsoka so it could have been any surviving Jedi - Cal Kestis, whoever, for all I cared. I would have loved if they would bring back Kyle Katarn in some way personally. And I probably would have fanboyed had they done that. But regardless, good episode. 

Some of the episodes, like the frog eggs episode, felt like filler, but overall weren't bad and I was able to turn my brain off and enjoy those. 

Moff Gideon was a great villain, and I really grew to like his character by the end of the season. 

I actually didn't mind Boba Fett's inclusion either. I was expecting to hate him being in it. Like "oh great, more cheap key jingling", but they pulled him off well. They finally made him a badass after him being a joke for so long, and I actually wish they included him more in the finale as part of the group on the star destroyer (but had to do girl power!). There were some iffy plot-hole-ish elements with him, and I wish he wasn't with Fennec, but whatever. I accepted it. 

We finally got the fucking Dark Troopers. Been waiting to see more of them since Battlefront 2. 
    Now addressing the rest:

The Luke scene was much like the Darth Vader scene from Rogue One. Badass and fun for sure, but didn't fit with what was going on, and took me out of the moment. The season payoff isn't there. Doing something like having Mando actually use the Dark Saber to kill the Dark Troopers, and then setting up Season 3 to be where Luke finds them and takes Grogu, would have been a better pay off, and still would have left room for a badass fight scene with Luke. Subtle details like this - missed opportunities. 

And the CG was bad and distracting. Why Disney doesn't use Deep Fakes yet, I will never know. 

I'm not attached to Grogu. He always felt like a plot device to me. I'm glad this arc is done so we can move on to bigger and better things with Mando not needing to worry about him. 

Again, I like the self-contained Space Western aspect of the show. This bounty is done, on to the next. 

So again, I have no attachment to Clone Wars or her character. She certainly wasn't likeable in Mandalorian like Boba and Mando are. She comes off as an uppity cunt. But my biggest issue with her isn't so much her character as it is how she just comes in out of NOWHERE to save the day multiple times. How THE FUCK did she just happen to find that ship in the middle of the ocean where Mando was? And WHY did she help? She didn't even know he was there until they landed, and didn't know who he was. 

Why was Boba even at the Hutt's? Why did he claim it like a throne? It was weird. He was there in Return Of The Jedi because he delivered Han, but he had no allegiance to Jaba beyond that. He's a Bounty Hunter. This is like what six years after Episode 6? Wouldn't he still be taking Bounty Hunting jobs? Hopefully it will all be explained in his spin off, but I was like "wtf am I watching?" during that scene. 

Again, the Lucas cameos in the prequels are few and far between. Greedo's was fucking stupid and I hate it. But R2's and 3PO's at least are only in relation to the Skywalkers - which are the main characters of the original saga. Mandalorian was supposed to be off doing it's own thing. And with only eight episodes they brought in four cameos from other stuff - which I KNOW was to introduce their huge line of spin-offs. But still, it made the universe feel smaller. This sort of thing was an issue with Clone Wars too, like with bringing Darth Maul back. I want to see new characters doing cool things. Not new characters playing second fiddle to old characters JUST because they're fan favorites. And I hope season 3 lets it be the Mandalorian show, especially now that all these characters have their own series now. 

Star Wars isn't The Avengers. 

Dubstep doesn't belong in Star Wars lol

Adding, they make Storm Troopers look like a complete joke in this series. There is NO tension in this show. Especially with Mando's God-Mode armor. You always know Mando can't get shot, and somebody will fly in from off screen to take out a storm trooper. Or they'll just crash into eachother speeding down a mountain :| 
    I get Storm Troopers have "bad aim" in the original trilogy due to plot armor, but this show really goes above and beyond to make them stupid. 

Also the scene where the Imperial Prisoner dude gets all mad when the Imp officer makes light of his dead friends and then proceeds to kill everyone around him was dumb too. "We're not just fodder, we're people with families - but not these guys". Another missed analysis of Storm Troopers, like with Finn from the sequel trilogy. 
    And at no point did you sit back and just enjoy shit and appreciate any of what they gave you. 

Boba fuck Fett came back. 
    Cobb firing the back pack middle like an action figure
    Boba firing it like a boss 
    Boba busting heads
    Slave 1 live action vertical take off 
    Ahsoka in the forest 
    live action dark saber fights 
    the aftermath of the war
    Pedro with a spear 
    making you cheer for tie fighters showing up 

The return of Luke fucking Skywalker wasn’t good enough for you. 

Not a peep of appreciation for the deep lore, for the obscure as fuck characters, vehicle designs, call backs to the original trilogy or the prequel trilogy, or filling the gaps on the sequel trilogy. Barely a word about how they fixed like 80% of your original complaints and that had to be dragged out of you. 

I literally said I liked Boba and didn't mind Ahsoka. 
    "JUST ENJOY SHIT MC. DON'T QUESTION OR ANALYZE, CONSOOM" 

And now we know why MC hates Bo Katan lol. 

gIrL pOwEr
    shit was cringe, like that scene in Endgame. 
    edited December 2020

Ok, here:

I'll add more to what I liked:

They fixed some, what I thought were, plot holes from season 1. Explained why Mando never takes his helmet off. Why he doesn't know wtf a Jedi is, even though he supposedly super into the Mandalorian history and whatever. Very good. 

There was no Force Healing - THANK YOU. 

They FINALLY show The New Republic doing their jobs and hunting Empire remnants. Loved that. I hope the Rogue Squadron show keeps that energy. I have faith in Patty Jenkins though.

The train scene was cool. Again, very space western. Like a roll reversal. 

Gina Carano is oddly attractive and I can't pinpoint why. 
    If they de-age Luke, people are gonna bitch. 
    Deep fakes, people are gonna bitch. 
    Hire Sebastian Stan, people are gonna bitch. 
    Leave Luke out, people are gonna bitch. 

Mark said it was an honor to come back. I’m good with that. 

Ok, here:

I'll add more to what I liked:

They fixed some, what I thought were, plot holes from season 1. Explained why Mando never takes his helmet off. Why he doesn't know wtf a Jedi is, even though he supposedly super into the Mandalorian history and whatever. Very good. 

There was no Force Healing - THANK YOU. 

They FINALLY show The New Republic doing their jobs and hunting Empire remnants. Loved that. I hope the Rogue Squadron show keeps that energy. I have faith in Patty Jenkins though.

The train scene was cool. Again, very space western. Like a roll reversal. 

And if you brought up any of this during the season, we would be happy to discuss it with you. 
    If they de-age Luke, people are gonna bitch. 
    Deep fakes, people are gonna bitch. 
    Hire Sebastian Stan, people are gonna bitch. 
    Leave Luke out, people are gonna bitch. 

Mark said it was an honor to come back. I’m good with that. 

I'm glad it was Mark. I also don't mind the de-aging. But deep fakes looks better than CG. And people on Youtube are able to pull it off lol. The CG gives me uncanny valley vibes, and it reminded me of the guy from this commercial, where he doesn't look quite real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT-jrDFgkq4&t 

This is a topic worth discussing. 
    edited December 2020
     https://tenor.com/GLa4.gif 

Damn gifs won’t gif

This is a topic worth discussing. 
    Lmaooo
     https://tenor.com/GLa4.gif 

Damn gifs won’t gif
    It was working until you edited it
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    How the fuck do you not like potato salad 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    I ain't reading all that