Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Another think I forgot I really liked was them establishing Boba and Jango as Mandalorians again. Never liked that change, and explaining it as elitism by differing clans was a good fix. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Was dope.

i think my favorite part of the season was Bill burr lmao. No one on the show acts like him at all, and then hes just on there being himself =)

great season though. Where does the show go from here? I really know nothing of this backstory. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    great season though. Where does the show go from here? I really know nothing of this backstory. 
    This is just a guess, but I think next season will focus on the Darksaber now that Mando has it. 

Without spoiling too much, the Darksaber was the lightsaber of the first and only Mandalorian to become a Jedi thousands of years ago. Things ended badly and at one point the Jedi and Mandalorians go to war. Eventually the Darksaber became this symbol for the people of Mandalore and whoever wields it can rule as king or queen. In The Mandalorian they say the planet of Mandalore was fucked on hard so i think next season will show Mando and Bo Katan fighting over the darksaber as well as fighting to take back control of their planet from the Empire. 
    The darksaber is featured in a couple arcs of the Clone Wars cartoon and Rebels if you're interested 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Mandalore was a desert planet that saw so much combat that the explosions from constant warfare turned all the sand to glass and made the planet uninhabitable. 

Metal af. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited December 2020
    Speaking of Mandalorians... Im fuckin addicted to Republic Commando. Still on the first book but it's so fuckin good. Ghez Hokan is such an interesting villian. Got me playing the game again too. 

Kinda makes me wish they did a similar spin off about ARC Troopers starring Captain Fordo. Fordo is already an absolute badass, but Republic Commando gives these guys so much depth. 
    The darksaber is featured in a couple arcs of the Clone Wars cartoon and Rebels if you're interested 
    Ive honestly been meaning to watch them. Ive know this for a while. 

Idk what it is, but with technology these days i have a real issue with shows keeping my attention. Since breaking bad the only shows that really have are this one, the boys, and a strong maybe to mind hunter.
    Not to say that those wouldn’t. I just worry about watching something thats good and not giving it enough credit because im too fucked up to pay attention lol
    Also, this isn't to do with this show really, but me and my GF were talking about her grandpa needs to see galaxy’s edge beforehand he passes because he loves the classic star wars. 

But her grandma wont go because she has pretty bad copd and doesn’t want to be regulated to a wheelchair. They are 71. 

So we were thinking she would go if we got married at Disney. So were now considering, in a very hopeful way considering a pandemic, that we can pull that off. 

Obviously this would be with the vaccine and ever possible circumstance going right, but we might as well be positive.

moral of the story,l.. when you can, go see galaxies edge and ride ROTR because its as good a representation of star wars as this show. 

Especially ROTR. Incredible experience. 

11/10

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,665 spicy boy
    Not to say that those wouldn’t. I just worry about watching something thats good and not giving it enough credit because im too fucked up to pay attention lol
    :-h
    Just finished Republic Commando book 1: Hard Contact. Soooo good. The wait for the rest of the audio books to finish is going to suuuuck. 

In the mean time, I think I'll try out Audible and get on Heir To The Empire. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    MetalCoresades said:
    A certified classic. Wish i could go back and reas it for the first time. 

I'm about 100 pages deep into Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising (new cannon) and its soooo good. Highly recommend. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Just finished Republic Commando book 1: Hard Contact. Soooo good. The wait for the rest of the audio books to finish is going to suuuuck. 

If you do, I can send you book 2 as a free gift if you want. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited December 2020
    Just finished the Republic Commando game. Havent played it since I was a kid, so I barely remembered any of it. It's so fuckin good. This is the Star Wars shit I needed. 
    Need the rest of the audio books to finish. I'll probably buy the books to read too, because I don't think I can wait lol. 

On to the Jedi Knight games. Starting with a replay of Dark Forces. 
    Recommendations for custom lightsabers? I don't really want a replica from an established character, I was something more unique and personal - but also affordable. 
    Some old coworkers built a few through ultrasabers and said they had a good experience. I never saw the final results in person though 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,662 master of ceremonies
     I was something more unique and personal - but also affordable. 
    what’s your budget?
    nothing crazy. Cheaper the better haha. But realistically I know it'll cost me like $200 at least.