Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Some huge announcements today

Hayden Christiansen will appear in the Obi Wan series (I'm betting as a flashback/hallucinations)

Ahsoka series is official with Rosario Dawson

The Bad Batch series with Filoni involved

Rogue Squadron movie directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman)

The Acolyte series announced, set during the High Republic era which is ~200 years before Phantom Menace

Lando series announced 

Rangers of the New Republic series announced (not a lot of details yet)

On top of that they showed some of the alien designs and set designs for the Cassian Andor show and it actually looks great. 
  • Options
    This honestly feels like when Fiege announced all of phase 3 in one day and just dropped bombshells. What a time to be alive 
  • Options
    JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,700 mod
    Imagine not being excited about all this. Holy shit.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker

I'll still chime in to discuss some Legends material I'm enjoying, if you're down to discuss that with me.

Hard pass. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_Kenobi said:

I still want a Plageus movie. A Thrawn Trilogy. Gimme a Sith Bane trilogy plz. I'll take a Wedge "Top Gun"  space war dogfight movie or two. An Old Republic Tarantino Sword fight movie ala Kill Bill. Sign me the fuck up. I need a Dark Sabre movie. I will give a fistful of cash, no, make it two fistfuls of cash for a Saving Private Ryan style Order 66 movie
    February 2018. Thrawn came back. We got dark saber the show. We're getting a fucking top gun star wars movie. A Tarintono/samurai swordfight happened in live action. All we need is a Darth Bane show and I'll be convinced Disney is spying on MU
  • Options
    I’m pretty happy. We as fans have waited a long time for some of these things. Watching live action Mandalorians fly around with their jet packs snatching people off ships was a dream come true. Cobb bending at the waist to launch the missile was hilarious (as well as a deep nod to the original toy) Boba fucking Fett is back! Imagine not being excited to see Boba bust some skulls. I just don’t get it. 
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    I just don’t get it. 
    I know you don't get it lol
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Why are you in here? This is a thread for Star Wars fans. You don’t belong here. 
  • Options
    I'm tapping out. This franchise isn't for me anymore. Im done crying about it, Im done being upset, Im done being disappointed. This isn't my Star Wars anymore, and I'm just going to need to move on. 
  • Options
    Some huge announcements today

Hayden Christiansen will appear in the Obi Wan series (I'm betting as a flashback/hallucinations)

Ahsoka series is official with Rosario Dawson

The Bad Batch series with Filoni involved

Rogue Squadron movie directed by Patty Jenkins (Wonder Woman)

The Acolyte series announced, set during the High Republic era which is ~200 years before Phantom Menace

Lando series announced 

Rangers of the New Republic series announced (not a lot of details yet)

On top of that they showed some of the alien designs and set designs for the Cassian Andor show and it actually looks great. 

There was something in there about “the shows (Rangers of The New Republic, Ahsoka, and possible even The Mandalorian) are going “to converge into a crossover event. 

Holy shit this is huge!
  • Options
    I think I'm most excited for The Bad Batch. The animation looks amazing, same style as season 7 of Clone Wars. So a whole series of that is going to be incredible. We already saw a Fennec Fox from Mandolarian cameo in the trailer so you know Filoni is going to bring in a bunch of other characters from that time period. 
  • Options
    New episode of Mando was LIT. Mayfield is a fucking gangster. 
  • Options
    I’m all in for Bad Batch, but my favorite thing about Mando is that it is post ROTJ done well. It moves the story forward.  99% of SW content is more back story. I’ll take more of it if Dave feels he has more of it to give, but I crave new shit. (Sequel Trilogy was a mess tho)

Good chance this “convergence” is Thrawn. Bring on the Chiss Ascendency.
  • Options
    I'll flip the fuck out
  • Options
    Ok, now that I've chilled out from the Obi-Wan news (still not happy about that)

This season of Mandalorian is actually very good. Most of my issues with season 1 have been addressed or at least toned down, and so far there's only been one episode I found kind of lackluster (the Bo-Katan one). There are some dumb parts still, mainly involving Storm Troopers. But this is a good season, and I didn't even mind the Ahsoka cameo, so I'm happy with this season. 

I'll be checking out Rogue Squadron, because I like what Patty Jenkins did with Wonder Woman. And Visions sounds cool, because I love anime, and a medium like that has potential for some great Star Wars stuff, especially with fight scenes, and it being made by Japanese animators will be great especially with Old Republic stuff as it was super influenced by samurai history, even right down to armor designs. 

The Obi-Wans show still makes me really sad, but I'm just not going to watch it, and pretend it doesn't exist. 

I also started listening to an audiobook of Heir To The Empire - the original Thrawn story and original "sequel trilogy" story. It's good so far. 
  • Options
    Original Thrawn trilogy was cool, other than a specific part of the ending which is why it’s no longer canon. 

Don’t get butthurt if you move on to the new Thrawn trilogy. Just enjoy it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Original Thrawn trilogy was cool, other than a specific part of the ending which is why it’s no longer canon. 

Don’t get butthurt if you move on to the new Thrawn trilogy. Just enjoy it. 
    yea I know the ending gets pretty dumb. But I want to dive deeper into the Legends lore that I haven't gotten to yet (and despite how stupid the old EU stuff can get, I still think it's *less* stupid than the new canon stupidity lol). Most of what I enjoyed was like Old Republic/Clone Wars era stuff. With Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Battlefront 2 being the only Empire/New Republic stuff I experienced. 
  • Options
    Best book is Plageuis, then Thrawn. The new Thrawn series has a really cool duel timeline thing going on and had some cool insight on how certain parts of the force work. Book form gives things a bit of a unique perspective with things being described versus seeing things (or not seeing) them on a screen. 

I honestly hope you enjoy them. Star Wars is just meant to bring a sense of joy and wonder to your inner child. 
  • Options
    I really hope they bring Kyle Katarn back eventually. He's "my Ahsoka". 

I'd love to see Mara Jade too, but I think it's too late to do the Luke romance thing, and I'd don't want Mara without Luke. But I think they can still pull off Katarn. 
  • Options
    Honestly, if i had to make a list of people to helm the Lucasfilm Story Group instead of the nobody's they have now, I'd put Timothy Zah in there. The original and new Thrawn books are both fantastic, and he was responsible for the creation of Mara Jade. Him, Filoni, Farveau, and honestly some of the story writers from Bioware responsible for the KOTOR and Old Republic games.