Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Ahsoka should be made a teacher at Luke's new Jedi Order, especially now that they both appeared to be existing at the same time during Mandalorian. 

It would help tie her in to Luke's story, and would also provide context/make sense in helping make Luke's Order better and different than the original Order. Her experience as a grey jedi that rejected the old Order could provide insight into what doesn't work, and also help him write new doctrine (like allowing marriage for example). It would be a move that appeals to Ahsoka fans, and helps world build in a way that would appease EU fans as well. Maybe even open doors to reintroduce Mara Jade. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    No. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    That sounds cool to me, why not

Yet again I'm a pretty casual SW fan
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Xeno said:

Filoni did a masterful job at making Ahsoka work as a character. It shouldn't have worked. Anakin had an apprentice that never appeared or was mentioned in the movies? And she stayed alive throughout the prequels and OG trilogy? On paper it sounds whack but it fucking worked.

But because of that, Ahsoka has her own little corner of the universe. Her story arc with Anakin/Vader got wrapped up, and the her story going forward involves Thrawn, Ezra, Sabine, and the unfinished plot from the Rebels cartoon. 

Throwing away a decade worth of masterful storytelling to lump her in with Luke would be awful. Especially because she doesn't show up in the Sequel trilogy at all. From a storytelling perspective it kind of paints them into a corner with what they can do with the character. 

Also, member when MC complained that the characters need to stop making cameos in each others shit because it makes the universe feel small? 
    edited January 2021
    Xeno said:

Filoni did a masterful job at making Ahsoka work as a character. It shouldn't have worked. Anakin had an apprentice that never appeared or was mentioned in the movies? And she stayed alive throughout the prequels and OG trilogy? On paper it sounds whack but it fucking worked.

But because of that, Ahsoka has her own little corner of the universe. Her story arc with Anakin/Vader got wrapped up, and the her story going forward involves Thrawn, Ezra, Sabine, and the unfinished plot from the Rebels cartoon. 

Throwing away a decade worth of masterful storytelling to lump her in with Luke would be awful. Especially because she doesn't show up in the Sequel trilogy at all. From a storytelling perspective it kind of paints them into a corner with what they can do with the character. 

Also, member when MC complained that the characters need to stop making cameos in each others shit because it makes the universe feel small? 
    Mandalorian is post original trilogy though. Shes dead in the sequel trilogy.  

Lukes making a new Jedi school. He needs Jedi to help teach. Disney wrote off characters like Kyle Katarn, and Mara Jade. Who else do we got? 

Im not an Ahsoka fan. Filoni is a hack, and I dont like her in Clone Wars, and I disagree with you that "it worked". It created plot holes for the original 6 films. But any step towards reestablishing some Legends canon is a step in the right direction and utilizing Ahsoka as a means to reestablish the Legends Jedi Order could work 

Not only that, but logically speaking you really think the last two Jedis in the universe wouldnt meet some day? It makes much more sense than some of the shit they came up with in Mandalorian. 

Or it might not, idk . Was just spitballing. 
    Also, Thrawn should be a villain to the New Republic as the last standing imperial threat. That means a villain for Luke. 

Not just a villain for Ahsoka or Ezra becuase gay ass Rebels. 
    edited January 2021
    Also ironic you mention throwing away a decade of "masterful" storytelling when that's exactly what Clone Wars and Rebels did to Legends lore. Fuck Filoni 

Disney needs to take some time and put some effort into world building. They spent so long trying to retcon everything from the first 6 movies and original canon, and focused on specific characters we know literally nothing about the world of Star Wars at this point.
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    No one cares that you don't like Ahsoka. No one cares that you don't like Filoni. Everyone else does. So Filoni is gonna do what the fuck he wants.

Fuck Legends cannon. Its not coming back. They'll pull what they want from it but as a whole its dead. Ahsoka, Ezra, and the Rebels crew have already gone up against Thrawn and that story needs a conclusion. 
    Could Luke show up again in the Mando-verse again to help fight Thrawn? Maybe. But its not guaranteed. Lucasfilm has already confirmed a crossover with Ahsoka, Mando, and Rangers of the New Republic. It makes perfect sense for Thrawn to be the antagonist. 
    > says Disney Star Wars needs world building
    > 7 season show that shows basically the entirety of the Clone Wars
    > 4 season show that shows the start of the rebellion featuring mostly non movie characters
    > Mandolarian
    > 10 new shows from all different time periods 
    > high republic era incoming with multiple comics, books, and shows
    > dozens of existing books and comics that depict everything from Thrawn's origins in the unknown regions, Obi Wan and Qui Gon's relationship, Dooku, Rebel Alliance, etc.
    > doesn't partake any of it.

Also Kyle Katarn is fucking gay
    edited January 2021
    Edit: dont want to be confrontational right now. Just want to have legit discussion. See below 
    Could Luke show up again in the Mando-verse again to help fight Thrawn? Maybe. But its not guaranteed. Lucasfilm has already confirmed a crossover with Ahsoka, Mando, and Rangers of the New Republic. It makes perfect sense for Thrawn to be the antagonist. 
    You speak of Thrawn like he's Thanos. Dudes a general for an army. Star Wars isnt the MCU. The universe is all intertwined with politics and events. These arent "crossovers", they're different things going on in different parts of the galaxy

Again, why wouldnt The New Republic: IE Luke, have a hand in dealing with the last great remnant of the Empire: IE Thrawn? Just because it was "set up in Rebels"? That doesnt make any sense. 
    Lightsabers are expensive af. And making them from parts is so complicated 
    You speak of Thrawn like he's Thanos. Dudes a general for an army. Star Wars isnt the MCU. The universe is all intertwined with politics and events. These arent "crossovers", they're different things going on in different parts of the galaxy
    You're splitting hairs here. "Crossover" is an acceptable term when discussing different tv shows intertwining, even if set in the same universe. Just because they are set in the same universe doesn't mean they'll necessarily cross over. Did the Netflix Defender shows "cross over" with the movies? No. But they are set in the MCU. Lucasfilm has confirmed that Mando, Ahsoka, and Rangers of the New Republic will converge into one or multiple episodes. Ahsoka mentioned Thrawn by name in Mando. Its happening. 

I also never said Thrawn was Thanos. I've read the OG Thrawn trilogy, the Hand of Thrawn Duology, Thrawn Ascendancy, and am working on the new Thrawn trilogy. To say he's just a general in an army shows me you way underestimate Thrawn as a character.

Why does Luke have to be involved in every single event or conflict in the galaxy? There are probably dozens, if not hundreds of small Imperial cells that survived after Palpatines death. Guess who was involved in the Rebellion when Luke was shitting in his space diapers? Ahsoka. Guess who fought Thrawn before Luke even picked up a lightsaber? Ezra and Sabine. It makes absolutely no fucking sense to just throw Luke in there because that's what you want. There is a story to finish with Ahsoka, Ezra, Sabine, and Thrawn. 
    You're splitting hairs here. "Crossover" is an acceptable term when discussing different tv shows intertwining, even if set in the same universe. Just because they are set in the same universe doesn't mean they'll necessarily cross over. Did the Netflix Defender shows "cross over" with the movies? No. But they are set in the MCU. Lucasfilm has confirmed that Mando, Ahsoka, and Rangers of the New Republic will converge into one or multiple episodes. Ahsoka mentioned Thrawn by name in Mando. Its happening. 

I also never said Thrawn was Thanos. I've read the OG Thrawn trilogy, the Hand of Thrawn Duology, Thrawn Ascendancy, and am working on the new Thrawn trilogy. To say he's just a general in an army shows me you way underestimate Thrawn as a character.

Why does Luke have to be involved in every single event or conflict in the galaxy? There are probably dozens, if not hundreds of small Imperial cells that survived after Palpatines death. Guess who was involved in the Rebellion when Luke was shitting in his space diapers? Ahsoka. Guess who fought Thrawn before Luke even picked up a lightsaber? Ezra and Sabine. It makes absolutely no fucking sense to just throw Luke in there because that's what you want. There is a story to finish with Ahsoka, Ezra, Sabine, and Thrawn. 
    Because this is post Return of the Jedi. Luke has become the greatest Jedi that ever existed, a beacon of hope for the galaxy, is the new leader of the Jedi order, and one of the leaders of the New Republic... why wouldnt he be on the front lines of every big threat? Thats literally what his character is. 
    Member when Yoda was at every significant battle ever during the Clone Wars? Me neither 
    Member when Yoda was at every significant battle ever during the Clone Wars? Me neither 
    Different times, Jedi were aplenty. Even still, he was there for many of them. 

Luke is THE Jedi, not A Jedi. 
    edited January 2021
    Im also not asking Luke to be in every show, or in every battle though. I didnt think he was necessary for Mandalorian, for example. 

But something big, like Thrawn, which also has ties to Heir To The Empire, should have Luke involved. I dont even mean he has to fight Thrawn himself. But he'd def be aware of and concerned about him. 
    MetalCoresades said:
    Even still, he was there for many of them. 
    Why not all of them? Thats stupid and doesn't make sense. Yoda had become the greatest Jedi that ever existed, a beacon of hope for the galaxy, is the new leader of the Jedi and the Republic army... why wouldnt he be on the front lines of every big threat? Thats literally what his character is.