Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    So we all agree that Ezra is going to be the one that answers the call? No way they have Luke do it. 

Ezra and Thrawn disappeared together so very good chance. But I do not underestimate what Dave is willing to give us. It’s unlikely, but not off the table. I’m sure Dave would love to give us full strength Luke. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I honestly don't think anyone is going to answer the call. I think Ahsoka knows that Grogu wants to stay with Mando so I think she sent them there so he can see for himself. I think the callout is going to be directed towards Mando and then he'll finally accept it
    So we all agree that Ezra is going to be the one that answers the call? No way they have Luke do it. 

Ezra and Thrawn disappeared together so very good chance. But I do not underestimate what Dave is willing to give us. It’s unlikely, but not off the table. I’m sure Dave would love to give us full strength Luke. 
    I can't stomach someone else playing Luke but god damn Sebastian Stan could do it

They have all of Marvels de-aging tech available. They could give us Mark if they wanted to. Loved seeing Ashoka but the voice still felt off. Don’t know if I could handle an off brand Luke. Much more likely to see Ezra again though. Way easier to pull off, with less logistics to figure out across the fandom.  I’m sure Filoni is going to pull him out of his box full of toys to play with again. They have done a great job this season connecting the trilogies together and that’s no small feat. The OT were dark and grimey, the prequels were colorful, slick, and modern looking. They do a great job of blending the two styles together. This was another episode were you could feel the weight of the military occupation and vacuum of power that leads us into the sequel trilogy. 
    Cracked up a bit extra at the line “These villagers mean nothing to me”

One of the youtubers I watch is named WhistlinDiesel (he has a monster truck and pretty much just destroys cars, trucks (really nice ones) and all manner of things with it) and he sells merch that’s says “This truck means nothing to me” so I could t help but picture him running over people with it lol. 
    They have all of Marvels de-aging tech available. They could give us Mark if they wanted to. Loved seeing Ashoka but the voice still felt off. Don’t know if I could handle an off brand Luke. Much more likely to see Ezra again though. Way easier to pull off, with less logistics to figure out across the fandom.  I’m sure Filoni is going to pull him out of his box full of toys to play with again. They have done a great job this season connecting the trilogies together and that’s no small feat. The OT were dark and grimey, the prequels were colorful, slick, and modern looking. They do a great job of blending the two styles together. This was another episode were you could feel the weight of the military occupation and vacuum of power that leads us into the sequel trilogy. 
    Honestly I hate the de aging shit. The uncanny valley is strong and it only looks good in short scenes. 

I doubt Luke will show up though, for two reasons. Ezra seems more likely with the Ahsoka and Thrawn ties, plus there were a couple Loth cats in the episode which points to him. And 2nd if Luke takes him out implies that Grogu gets killed by Kylo Ren and idk if they will go down that road. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    What about Cal Kestis :-?
    They name dropped Thrawn. Logical storytelling says it’s Ezra. 

Can’t believe they gave my man Pedro a Baskar Spear. He’s gonna fuck some shit up vs the darksaber. Gus Fring ain’t ready for The Red Viper, without the grip strength of The Mountain he is doomed. Doomed!

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/11/rosario-dawson-dave-filoni-mandalorian-ahsoka-tano-grogu

When asked about Ahsoka looking for Thrawn with Sabine, he said that everyone is assuming that the end of Rebels taking place before the Mandalorian chronologically. But what if its beforehand?

That never fucking occurred to me as a possibility. 
    I don’t see how. Rebels ends around the beginning of The Battle of Endor. (Except maybe the Rebel’s epilogue) and we have already seen bits of the fallen Empire and the beginnings of the transition to First Order. Pretty sure it’s just him not wanting to be too definitive about things. A never say never kind of thing. 
    Our mystery Jedi might turn out to be an old beat up BMF. 
    Lots of Sam Jackson rumors going around. 
    I don’t see how. Rebels ends around the beginning of The Battle of Endor. (Except maybe the Rebel’s epilogue) 
    That's exactly what he's referring to. The epilogue takes place post ROTJ, sure. But how much longer? It could very easily be after Mando. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Classic Disney... never change 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIm5JZiLuiE
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Meh. To what end? What’s he getting at? Rebels ends with Ahsoka meeting up with Sabine to look for Ezra. What of it? The Mando timeline is fairly set in stone so what fun stuff is there to play with in the Rebels epilogue? Sabine for sure. Mando could point Ahsoka forwards Sabine but he hasn’t met her yet. We also have Zeb and Kallus, Hera and her kid maybe?

What do we actually gain?
    Meh. To what end? What’s he getting at? Rebels ends with Ahsoka meeting up with Sabine to look for Ezra. What of it? The Mando timeline is fairly set in stone so what fun stuff is there to play with in the Rebels epilogue? Sabine for sure. Mando could point Ahsoka forwards Sabine but he hasn’t met her yet. We also have Zeb and Kallus, Hera and her kid maybe?

What do we actually gain?
    Thats like asking whats to gain from them making the prequel trilogy after the OT. I just found it interesting that everyone is assuming that Rosario Dawson Ahsoka is the latest we have seen chronologically, but the fact that it might be the middle or her story is interesting. They can do a bunch of Ahsoka live action stuff with Rosario in the Mando era, then they can still continue the Ezra and Thrawn story after the Rebels epilogue. If this turns out to be true we have 5 years or so in the timeline to play around in. 
    Im sure they will prove me wrong but I just don’t see it as some big game changer revelation. Not much changes that I can see. We will see if another character from the epilogue shows up at some point. After the Bill Burr episode I don’t really want to see a live action Zeb lol. We already have the World between Worlds in play so they can make it be whenever they want really.  Not sure how much more Ahsoka they plan to give us in The Mandalorian, they can only team up so much, this felt like a soft pilot for her own show to me. They still have the Boba tease in play and just named dropped Thrawn. They have a lot to juggle with few episodes to do it in. 

So glad we spent a whole episode on Frog Lady. 🙄🙄
    I never said it was game changing. I just posted the interview and quoted the article. I just found it funny because everyone is assuming they know how things are going to progress and Filoni reminded us that there are always ways to prove that wrong real quick lmao
    Poking around the internet some and it seems like it might mean we get some force ghost Hayden Ani. The possibilities truly do remain almost endless though. On the real life side, they can use any living actor that’s been in the series, they can Tarkin up dead actors (plz no), they can de-age them. Plot wise, with world between worlds and force ghosts and clones, anything is really possible.  Im not saying they should, just that they can. Favreau and Filoni literally have all of the toys to play with. (Mace, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Kenobi, Zeb, Sabine, Luke, Frog Lady!)

I’m excited to see Pedro use that spear again. Pretty sure we’re getting a darksaber fight with it. After this season ends we need to make a list of all the great shit this season gave us. 

I love how everybody just ignored MC chiming in lol. 
    I love how everybody just ignored MC chiming in lol. 
    0 fucks given. Be miserable away from me
    A few minor annoyances (some of the action scenes felt pretty contrived, hyperspace looked weird) but overall another killer episode.