Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    You bulking through Thanksgiving?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nah, I'm opting for extending the cut to 4 weeks instead.

Also, dat feel when looking fat 'cause bulking. Can't wait to start the cut honestly. I don't know how some niggas do 6+ month bulks. Doing short bursts of bulking/cutting like this means somewhat slower gains, but less fat gained and less time looking like a fatty lol. I'm not at the point of what most people would call fat, but I'm getting an hourglass shape due to the hip fat, and I don't like it.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    been bustin my ass at the gym lately feels good.. finally starting to actually do some real lifting for the first time in my life
    So, Im'ma try Intermittent Fasting. It's where you set a 16 hour window where you fast and eat nothing, and then you have an 8 hour window to eat all your calories for the day. So, say that I set my 8 hour window from 2 P.M.-10 P.M., then I would eat all my calories in that timeframe, and then even if I woke up at 10 A.M. The next day, I wouldn't eat anything 'til 2 P.M.

I figured why not? The supposed benefits are less fat gained during a bulk, and more fat burned due to it speeding up your metabolism, and obviously a lot better cut due to these same effects. If it doesn't show any better results than my regular eating schedule, then whatever, it was worth a shot. But everyone's been talking about it and supporting it like crazy. Wit that many people backing it and preaching about it, there must be some truth to it's benefits. I could also see it helping me wit hunger during my cut, 'cause instead of eating like a scavenger and eating a number of small meals, I could eat 2 1,000 calorie meals within my 8 hour window and stay full.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I had 11/10 results with IF. Will be doing again.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Ahahaha I unintentionally owned 2 fatfucks at the gym today. I was doing my squat sets, and I was in the rack no longer than 5 minutes, when 2 fatties came over, and were like "You gonna be done? No need to hog the squat rack." I'm like "I've literally been in here 5 minutes at the most, I'm finishing my sets, you can wait.", then one of 'em was like "How many sets you have?", I said 6, and he was like "Yea, see, now you're just tryna purposely take more time, that's overkill for squats.", I said "No, that's what my routine calls for, I do 6 sets every leg day. I do 6 sets whether the gym is empty or crowded, don't flatter yourself. You wanna do 1 set of 5 and then get the fuck out, then that's on you, but Im'ma do my thing.", then he's like "Fine, you wanna be a dick, I'll just go file a complaint that you're abusing the machines, watch your ass get kicked outta here.", I said "Ha. Go ahead. I'll finish this next set while I wait.". So, dude comes over, and it's actually the one I'm cool wit, I talk to him in the locker room all the time and shit, and he's like "Is there a problem here?", and I was like "Apparently, I'm abusing this squat rack because I been in here 5 minutes and wanna finish my remaining 4 sets. Tell me, is there a rule about sets taking too long? 'Cause I'm apparently "being a dick" 'cause I wanna finish my sets. I was sitting here minding my own business, and these 2 come up to me harassing me about me "hogging the squat rack.". He's like "No....... Unless you're seriously in here for a ridiculous amount of time and there's a bunch of other guys waiting to use it, then it'd be respectful to cut your sets short and come back to it, but you're doing nothing wrong as far as I can see. As for you 2, leave the weight room for a while and leave him alone. Be patient and quit being rude, repeated offenses of situations like this can lead to termination of your membership.". He walked away, then the fatfucks slowly left the weight room, and I smiled at 'em their entire way out. They kept walking back and forth outside the weight room and staring at me, but didn't dare coming back in there. They eventually ended up leaving the gym without doing shit ahaha. Salty ass motherfuckers.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    What is it about you that attracts drama Popsicle. I've been going to the gym for over 10 years. In all that time I have never had anyone give me grief. Admittedly I go to the gym at midday when it's quiet and not at 5pm when it's a madhouse with loads of people wanting to use gear. I'm glad you didn't back down tho. Guys like that are few and far between. Most people at the gym would either ask to work in with you, or would just change their routine until you were finished
    edited November 2012
    New PRs this week booooi. Went for 225 for my final 8 rep set of Deadlifts, could only get 1 rep, so that's my 1RM for now I guess, but I got the remaining 7 wit 185, which is 2 things. A: 10 Lbs. higher than my previous 8 rep max from last week. B: The official checkpoint of me hitting over my bodyweight in any lift.

Nice work Popsicle. It's a buzz and a milestone when you eventually lift "two plates" (2 x 20kg/44lb plates) on each side on any type of lift :-bd
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    So I've been looking for motivation lately as far as working out, and I came across a bunch of medals and stuff from when I was younger and did a lot of cross country races. I found my time sheet from the Boulder Boulder which is a 10k race, or roughly 6.2 miles that they do up there. I did it the summer before my freshman year of high school.

I think I'm gonna try and get in shape enough to run it again. The race is in May.
    That's a good goal to set. Hard training thru winter but at least you've got 6+ months till d-day
    Gnomez said:

Nice work Popsicle. It's a buzz and a milestone when you eventually lift "two plates" (2 x 20kg/44lb plates) on each side on any type of lift :-bd

Man, I felt like an absolute fucking animal. That's when you really feel your raw power. I screamed so loud when I got it up into the lockout, that one of the workers ran up to me and asked if I was OK, he thought I hurt myself lol. I was like "Nah, that was just the heaviest I ever Deadlifted.", and he's like "Ah, props. In that case, carry on and go nuts.". My gym is so dope, they don't give a fuck lol.

• cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    Yo Erik do you know how much creatine is in craze? I can't find a number anywhere.
    Welp, my bulk is done today, cut starts tomorrow, and I couldn't be happier wit my numbers. 180 Lbs., so I gained 13 Lbs., and I'm now 12% Body Fat, only gained 2%. Meaning most of that weight gained is muscle. Fucking dope.

Yo Erik do you know how much creatine is in craze? I can't find a number anywhere.

Everything I found is saying 1-1.5G per scoop. It's a prop blend, so the numbers aren't exact every time, but it's in that range.

Final bulk progress pics, gonna put up the first 2 to see 'em all side by side.

In order, they're:

Before Body Beast.
    After Month 1.
    After Month 2 front shot.
    After Month 2 side shot.
    After Month 2 chest shot.

Waiting to see how much of a fatfuck I feel like when I finally do Cardio again on Thursday after almost 2 months of no Cardio ahaha.
    Leg day on a cut = Pure fucking Hell. Holy shit. I was getting light headed and zoning out at certain points. And I know it's the lack of calories. I'm at only 2,200 daily for this cut. On the plus side, I hit a new PR yet again for Squats. 155 Lbs. for 16 reps. If I can keep steadily upping it by 10 Lbs. each week like this, I'll be at a 2 plate Squat in a lil less than 2 months.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    how much do you deadlift? bench?
    Deadlift right now is 185, which is 5 Lbs. higher than my bodyweight. Going for 195 Lbs. tomorrow. Bench, idk, I haven't done barbell presses yet, but I'm doing dumbbell presses in a set of 15/12/8/8/12/15 at 30/40/50/50/40/30. Those weights are each hand obviously.