Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Ok. I was just worried about hitting a bulk phase too soon and being left with that gross overstuffed feeling everyday, like after going crazy with a reward meal lol.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    How often do you do reward meals?
    It's not that often actually. Once in awhile I may have a small bowl of ice cream or something or another snack I enjoy. With full reward meals, its usually just for whatever occasions I have coming up. Holiday meals, birthdays, concert weekends etc. I start extending my workouts a week or two before to really earn it, and even then I don't go all crazy, I still mostly eat my chicken, turkey, yogurt etc and just have smaller portions of less healthy stuff.
    Went nuts for the last Back And Biceps today. Hit 25 Lbs. for literally every exercise, 8 reps. Finally got all 32 reps in the last Strip Set Curls with 25 Lbs. I've hit all 32 before, but it was when 20 Lbs. was the highest weight, and I ended with 5 Lbs., I upped it to 25 Lbs. for the last 3 Back And Biceps days, but I've only been hitting 4-6 reps for 25 Lbs., and then getting all 8 reps for 20 Lbs., 15 Lbs., and 10 Lbs. . Shit was ridiculous, never thought 10 Lb. Curls could kill you so bad, I was dying by the end of that Strip Set lol.

Which reminds me, Jobe, what's your opinion on this? Shit is mixed everywhere. One place, I'll read to do Curls with your back as straight as a board, no arching, to prevent injury. On the other hand, I'll also read somewhere else to let your back do a natural arch backwards as you do the curl.......to prevent injury. Lol. As well as to assist lifting the weight a bit. I used to do the former, but then started doing the latter a few weeks ago, and, it definitely feels a lot more comfortable, and allowed me to finally lift a bit more weight, I slowly started being able to get my 8-10 reps in every exercise with 25 Lbs. . Which of the 2 do you do?
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    with the straight back method all the weight and stress is on the bicep so you get more out of less weight. if you arch your back some of your back muscle is helping to lift the weight so the target muscle group (bicep) is not getting the full benefit of the extra weight. in reality youre prob just lifting what you used to or possibly less
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Been running every day for like 5 days. Lost two pounds \:D/
    Dude, you tend to over complicated shit a lot. For the 1,000th time, read Never Gymless. Question # 1 for training is always "Why am I doing this?" If you can't answer the question, you're probably wasting your time. I have no answer for why would I do the kicks in the last half of kenpo, so I change things to suit my goals better (mma or Muay Thai style kicks) Bench pressing is a great exercise, no doubt. But if your training for running, swimming, or cycling it is probably a waste of time for you. Fighters don't lose fight because they can't bench enough, they lose if they have shit for conditioning. Their time would be beer spent focusing on the fitness elements they need. To give you the best anwser to meets your needs I need to know WHAT ARE YOUR FITNESS GOALS? Are you working out just to look good and be healthy, or are you training for strength or specific sports or athletic qualities? If it is looks, then you can focus on isolation techniques. If it for real world strength, just grab and lift like you would real world objects. If your trying to pick up a big ass box with a friend, how would you do it? Would you lock your back or arch it back? How would you try to pick up a car? Whatever the answer is, do it that way.

Just rock out whatever feels the best for you. I prefer a very straight and stiff back as long as the weights aren't heavy enough to make my spine feel like its being compressed. The split leg stance for me they use a lot in p90x isn't comfortable for me, so I use a stance that feels better for me.
    P90X OFFICIALLY FINISHED BOI!

These 3 months flew the fuck by, and it never stops feeling any less amazing, finishing a program.

Will post my final weight and results pictures at the end of the Recovery Week.

Now, just the Recovery Week, and then time to focus on getting fucking swole wit Body Beast.

#Can'tStopWon'tStop.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Watch out Dayna....if you exercise too much you might lose some of your cleavage....
    Same place as any torrent. ThePirateBay. Got Insanity, Asylum, P90X, and Body Beast all on there.
    Say you're searching for P90X, just enter P90X in the search bar. There's a boatload of 'em.
    i am so pumped right now. my favorite supplement company Muscle Pharm, who i think puts out some of the best supps out there including THE BEST preworkout has recently been signing metal bands to sponsor and spread the MP word through their efforts on the road and in music. along with the standard athletes and MMA fighters to sponsor they have signed tim lambesis and nick hipa, the guys in JFAC, IWABO and now johnny plague from WoP. i may be a little too excited and a fanboi but i think this is awesome for both the bands and company because i feel both parties work for the fans and are really personable. i am not affiliated with MP but i really do feel strongly about their products because they really do work and the big guys of the Co. actually communicate with the fans/customers posting workouts, answering questions and giving advice about fitness and bodybuilding. in a sense they create a "metal community" in the fitness/workout scene
    I really been having to push myself to even do these boring ass Recovery Workouts. 2stoked to start Body Beast. Wish it was Monday already.
    Also, I think Im'ma eventually do some teen bodybuilding competitions. Obviously not for a while, gotta go seriously hard for probably a year at the least, but it's something that, the more I think about it, the more it interests me. I'm competitive and a perfectionist as it is, so knowing my physique can result in literal victory or failure, would only drive me harder.
    And, I think after Body Beast, Im'ma do MusclePharm's Get Swole, or AST's Max-OT. However, if I do Get Swole, I'll use Body Beast's Nutrition Plan. Get Swole's is horrid, and revolves too heavily around use of their supplements, they're basically using it as a cash cow, and I'm not spending hundreds on supplements that I don't already take, plus, with as much as it has you take them, I'd have to buy a tub of Whey every week or 2, and there's no fucking way. But, it does look like a really good workout program, nonetheless.
    i agree, the core supplements you need for get swole id say are the assault, protein and BCAAs. they also say though for the nutrition plan that the food choices are just examples. you can substitute any similar food that fits the category. ex lean meat veggie etc
    Did the first body beast workout today both just to get an idea of what it is all about and because fuck recovery week. It was definitely harder but also waaaaay more enjoyable.
    Was thinking of getting a new bench, mine is pretty old rickety, and doesn't decline/incline like I need it to, so I went to price them today. I found a $130 bench with a lat pull down set up on clearance......for $15. I love it when the universe works in my favor like that.
    Finally completely finished with P90X, Recovery Week included, fuck those huff ass Recovery Workouts. Will post final measurements, percentages, pictures, and weight tomorrow, gonna do everything straight in the morning, before I eat anything.

BODY FUCKING BEAST IN 2 DAYS.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    0 fucks about measurements post your final push up/ pull up numbers