Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I start p90x tomorrow.

Should I watch the "watch this first" DVD tonight or wait until tomorrow when I'm actually going to start the diet and exercise?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

you can't lift 100 pounds over your head?

No, yet, I can bench it no problem, hitting that intense burn at 8 reps. Idk, shit's weird.

I start p90x tomorrow.

Should I watch the "watch this first" DVD tonight or wait until tomorrow when I'm actually going to start the diet and exercise?

Kinda pointless tbh, I watched it, and it's just going over the equipment you'll need, when you'll be eating (Every 2-3 hours.), all the basics.
    I'm not doing their diet. I'm going to be doing a vegetarian diet based on what my wife is doing. Who has lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Episode said:

you can't lift 100 pounds over your head?

No, yet, I can bench it no problem, hitting that intense burn at 8 reps. Idk, shit's weird.
    It may not be a problem getting it over your head.....the problem is getting it from off your shoulders and back over your head when you have finished!
    What does the bar weigh?
    It's probably 10kg = 22lb
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    not really p90x but now that i have a weight room to go to at college i'm going to start working out! just got done with my first session lol
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Everybody's gettin ripped
    I love winning with women
    I think the whole "Cheat meal speeds up metabolism/eating at a constant deficit makes your maintenance lower." theory is true. At Lollapalooza, I ate like an absolute fucking pig. I was faded as shit all day, had the munchies like a son of a bitch, and my only option was all the junk they had at the stands, so, I said "Fuck it." and treated it like my big day out for the Summer, haven't eaten any major junk and splurged at all, so lehgo, I think I easily ate 5,000-6,000 calories that day, and I felt like a worthless piece of shit the next day.

HOWEVER, ever since then, I've lost 4 Lbs. (It was 2 weeks ago.) [Also, not water weight from all the junk, water weight brought me up to 173 Lbs., when I'm 169 Lbs., and I'm now down to 165 Lbs. .], when my weight loss was kinda plateau'd for 2-3 weeks, and I'm looking more cut and defined than I ever have, it's like pigging out that one day turned me into a calorie/fat inferno.

Now, I'm not using this as an excuse to cheat, 'cause I rarely ever have the desire, and fulfill my sweet tooth every day with something like a small bowl of cereal, usually 100-140 calories, and I take extreme pride in my extremely clean diet, my next "cheat meal" won't be until Thanksgiving basically, but I just found it very interesting that that certain theory seemed to be true. I'm thinking "How the fuck is eating an excess amount of calories, calories from junk, at that, gonna speed shit up, and/or help?", but it seems to have.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    It doesn't really speed it up per se it just makes your increased metabolism visible by being able to metabolize those foods easier
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner

I'm not doing their diet. I'm going to be doing a vegetarian diet based on what my wife is doing. Who has lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks

Diet is 50% of that program. P90X is notaweightlossprogram

Gary said:

Diet is 50% of that program. P90X is notaweightlossprogram

That's cool I'm still not going to be eating meat though and will be eating almost all organic.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Have your wife look over the diet so she knows what the diet requires, then she can substitute things out for vegetarian meals. At least that way you will get the right amounts of proteins, carbs and fats

Anybody have a download link for Insanity?
    I found P90X Xtreme Workout Series,... from 3 years ago.
    Contains 15 CD's.

That should be it. Insanity is more for shredding fat, you should do P90x instead.

Pass the god damn butter.
    Episode said:

I think the whole "Cheat meal speeds up metabolism/eating at a constant deficit makes your maintenance lower." theory is true. At Lollapalooza, I ate like an absolute fucking pig. I was faded as shit all day, had the munchies like a son of a bitch, and my only option was all the junk they had at the stands, so, I said "Fuck it." and treated it like my big day out for the Summer, haven't eaten any major junk and splurged at all, so lehgo, I think I easily ate 5,000-6,000 calories that day, and I felt like a worthless piece of shit the next day.

HOWEVER, ever since then, I've lost 4 Lbs. (It was 2 weeks ago.) [Also, not water weight from all the junk, water weight brought me up to 173 Lbs., when I'm 169 Lbs., and I'm now down to 165 Lbs. .], when my weight loss was kinda plateau'd for 2-3 weeks, and I'm looking more cut and defined than I ever have, it's like pigging out that one day turned me into a calorie/fat inferno.

Now, I'm not using this as an excuse to cheat, 'cause I rarely ever have the desire, and fulfill my sweet tooth every day with something like a small bowl of cereal, usually 100-140 calories, and I take extreme pride in my extremely clean diet, my next "cheat meal" won't be until Thanksgiving basically, but I just found it very interesting that that certain theory seemed to be true. I'm thinking "How the fuck is eating an excess amount of calories, calories from junk, at that, gonna speed shit up, and/or help?", but it seems to have.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/22/3174166/mike-dolce-sets-the-record-straight

tl;dr
    Reward meals, not cheat meals. Work hard, earn that shit.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Que?

And I =D> Anyone who does p90x that thing is brutal and it's just day one
    I went fucking stupid today. Today was the last Chest And Back for me, got 45 reps on the first round of Standard Push-Ups, 32 on the second round, got at least 25-30 reps for all other Push-Up variations on both rounds, 12 reps for both rounds on Diamond and Divebomber Push-Ups, and at least 16 reps on all Pull-Up Variations first round, at least 12-14 reps second round.

Really wish I had done the worksheets now and wrote down all my reps, but nonetheless, Phase 1, I was hitting an average of 15-20 Push-Ups on each variation, both rounds, and 8-10 Pull-Ups on each variation, both rounds. So, I basically completely doubled everything. Go fucking hard boi.
    edited August 2012

Que?

And I =D> Anyone who does p90x that thing is brutal and it's just day one

First 3 days are the worst, your gonna feel like you got hit by a truck. That first day of yoga was such sweet relief. Stick it out and it gets better though. At the end of it you will tearing it up and still be ready for more.

Did mason twists with 15lbs today. Wasn't too bad other than having to change my grip up a bit so I didn't crush my fingers together.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Teh fukk evaz =,
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Distance said:

Me n Matt are back together loosevagbardz [-(

But how's the new job doe..