Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So wait, there aren't any states in the USA with less than 20% obesity anymore?
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    Gnc is for amateurs why do you still buy stuff there
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Episode said:

Score! Book Of Beast torrent was finally put up, so, I finally have all of Body Beast downloaded and ready for next month.

However, I ran into an issue. I was able to do my calculations finally to see what I'll be eating as a surplus to bulk, and it uses Body Fat Percentage and put me at 2,900 calories....... There's no fucking way in Hell that that's right. Because P90X calculated me at 2,600 for maintenance (Rounded down to 2,400 for a slight deficit.), meaning that a surplus would put me at 3,100, and using the Harris Benedict Formula from Insanity, I'm at 3,300 for maintenance, 2,800 for a deficit, and 3,800 for a surplus. For the past 6 months, I've been eating 2,700-2,800 daily for Insanity/Asylum as a DEFICIT, and losing weight at a fast rate, and 2,400-2,500 for P90X, once again, losing weight at a fast rate. So, there's no possible way that 2,900 is enough for a serious bulk. In fact, using the Harris Benedict Formula, it's below maintenance, and using P90X's calculations, it's only slightly above maintenance.

So, what do you think, Jobe? Any thoughts on what formula is pretty accurate as far as deficit/maintenance/surplus? What do you use? There's no way I'm doing 2,900 as a "surplus", I'll get nowhere fast.

My advice is read Never Gymless lol.

I don't get too wrapped up in calories. My diet is dialed in to the point where I know what to eat to maintain, and what I can take out to cut. You should be about the same by now. These fitness programs just find new ways to sell you the same info. Eat a lot more than you do now, switch over to drinking milk (chocolate milk ftw!) instead of low cal drinks and you should be good. Otherwise consult the /fit/ sticky.
    Pass the god damn butter.

Well I finally got all my stuff in the mail. I will be starting p90x as soon as my tv downstairs is fixed. Hopefully that will be in the next few days. May seem like a dumb question but do I just start at the front of the book of discs and work my way back or do you jump around or start on certain discs

Welcome aboard. =D>

So wait, there aren't any states in the USA with less than 20% obesity anymore?

America, fuck yeah. \m/
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy Mother Of Fuck.

I just watched the Bulk Legs video for Body Beast. My quads now hurt. Holy fuck, that looked absolutely punishing. But at the same time, it makes me all the more excited for it.
    Gnc is for amateurs why do you still buy stuff there? You can get much better products at lower prices online
    edited August 2012

Gnc is for amateurs why do you still buy stuff there? You can get much better products at lower prices online

Convenience. But Im'ma start buying shit from Bodybuilding.com. Can get a 5 Lb. Tub of Optimum Nutrition Gold Whey Protein for $50, or 10 Lbs. for $100.
    Ya. Def. Also on a side note. I've misses the gym for 2 weeks now cuz of injuries/schedule but really went ham on my diet and lost like 7 pounds. Super pumped because I don't feel like I dropped any muscle even though I prob did :/

I wanna try this...
    I've been going so ham this week. I've never had D.O.M.S. this bad in my arms after Back And Biceps, I love it. And I went fucking stupid on Legs And Back today. Hit no less than 15 reps on all Pull-Up/Chin-Up variations, except for Close Grip Pull-Ups, in which I got 12 reps each time, and I hit 24 reps on the last Switch Grip Pull-Ups. Upped my Calf Raise weight to 30 Lbs., and Calf Raise Squats to 25 Lbs., Im'ma raise it to 30 Lbs. next week.
    What do you do for calf raises? Cuz I do standing calf raises 4x15 reps at 140lbs
    Finally got all my equipment ready for Body Beast! Just picked up my EZ-Curl Bar.

Also, they had an EZ-Curl Bar set up with 50 Lbs., so, I figured I'd try some Squats, Deadlifts, and Stiff Leg Deadlifts with it, get a feel for what weight range Im'ma shoot for when I start Body Beast with those exercises, and all 3 were way too easy, so, I'll prolly start with 100 Lbs. for those, 50-60 Lbs. for shit like Curls.
    Welp, fuck the 100 Lb. Squats lol. I couldn't even get the bar over my head to put on my shoulders. Hit the 100 Lb. Deadlift doe.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    You need a squat rack
    edited August 2012
    Or you could always try doing front squats where the bar sits across the front of your shoulders and chest.
    A lot harder to do and to hold the weight in place tho
    edited August 2012
    Gnomez said:

You need a squat rack

Was gonna mention this, gonna check prices.

I was just watching more of the Body Beast workouts, and fuck this nigga doing light ass weights, you can tell they made it with complete noobs in mind as well, 'cause I know a nigga like THIS:

Is not normally doing fucking Stiff Leg Deadlifts with 20 Lb. Dumbbells. <_>

I'll just do all the moves in the videos, of course, but up the weights to my personal maximum, I'm not going that low when I can lift way more than that.
    A decent squat rack or power rack might set you back a few $$$
    You might be able to improvise somehow though so that you can get under the bar to start squatting - like set the bar at chest or shoulder height across two book cases or sets of drawers?
    Actually on second thought
    Have you got a bench press Popsicle?
    If so, set the bar up on the bench press.
    Sit on the bench with your back to the bar.
    Shuffle back until your back touches the bar.
    From there you can reach back and grip the bar with each hand
    You can then either do Good Mornings in this position or stand up and squat :-bd
    edited August 2012
    So, I had my Mom and Step Dad lift the bar high enough for me to get under it, and I was able to do the 100 Lb. Squats, so, I definitely gotta get a Squat Rack, 'cause I don't wanna sacrifice my maximum weight when I can do it, just 'cause I can't lift it over my head to get it behind my back.