Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Today reminded me why Shoulders And Arms was my favorite workout in Phase 1 and why I couldn't wait for Wednesdays every week. Easily the best lifting workout in P90X, even better than Chest, Shoulders, And Triceps, and Back And Biceps. Went fucking ham, and was able to up my weight on almost all the exercises, I stayed at the same weight for specific ones, like Rows and Flys, since Flys are what fucked up my arm, and I didn't want to risk anything and just dive into it, since this was my first all out lifting workout since getting injured. But, nothing hurt my arm even slightly, so, obviously, great news.

And Jobe, I went stupid and did 10 Lbs. on the Mason Twists lol. And holy fuck, I made it through all 50 reps without stopping, but slammed down the dumbbell and just laid there for a good 20 seconds, couldn't even do the Cobra stretch right away, that was the most intense burn I've ever felt in my abs, ever. If you've been feeling down and suicidal, do 10 Lbs., 'cause you're definitely gonna kill yourself doing so.
    Also, it FeelsGoodSon.JPG when you try to grab fat off your body, but can literally only pinch it with your fingers and barely pull it out, when I used to literally be able to grab a handful and stretch it out. I've come so far, and it's the greatest, most rewarding feeling ever.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Haven't updated in a while but I did an extra week of month 1 and am now in the middle of recovery week. Still going strong here \m/
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    This is probably my least favorite of the 3 routines. I like the compound movements over the isolation exercises (I love the fly,row, press, curl/hammer combo) and the biggest one here is the swimmers press. The other routines also seem to finish up stronger with the strip sets and lying arm punches. I don't forsee much problem with 10 lb twists after legs, I did 8's twice this week, the first time wasn't bad (easier than the first time with a 5 wtf?) and the second time was easier than that, I honestly barely even felt any burn from it, and I went up and over the thighs instead of across the waist. I don't know if its just me but it doesn't seem to take long to up the weight on this. I feel like I could easily do 15 lbs, more if I wasn't trying to keep the same pace as them. Then again, this seems like one of those movements where you don't realize how bad you fucked yourself up until you're done and its too late, so I don't want to jump up too much too fast here.

Another one I noticed was on the core syn workout, for the "off the floor, on the shelf" Tony does a 12 lb and Adam "gets ambitious" with a 15.

<_>

Does that weight seem about right to you? Those guys are in WAY better shape than me, but I was doing considerably more weight (not trying to e-stat) effortlessly. I did the same movement loading cases of 2 liters onto overhead bays on Coca Cola trucks for a couple of years though, so no doubt that helped, but I'm usually at or below what the guys use, but I'm over 2x what they are doing for that one. I guess my question is Tony a 12 lb pussy or am I a freak here?
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I think they use lower weights just for unfit people doing the DVDs, they don't want an unfit nigga tryna top their weights just because and injuring himself, so they use lower weights so that someone who can't lift heavy, doesn't feel like a pussy by lifting low, and then overexerting themselves by tryna do what they're doing on the DVD.

Remember, I forgot what workout it was in, but Tony said "I don't wanna brag here, but I can easily do 110 Lbs. with this exercise.......", so, he can definitely lift hard, he's not a bitch, but I think my reasoning above is why he keeps it fairly low.
    Episode said:

Jobe said:

Also, if you're that proficient with the pullups, your probably ready to toss a few weights in a backpack to up the difficulty. Lrn2RossTrain, read Never Gymless.

NO MORE EXCUSES FAGGOT!

I don't think I'm quite ready for that

1) You're in the right rep range for building size.
    2) Adding more resistance will help you build up your reps quicker.
    3) You've done them before with extra weight, it was just on your gut instead of in a backpack.
    Episode said:

I think they use lower weights just for unfit people doing the DVDs, they don't want an unfit nigga tryna top their weights just because and injuring himself, so they use lower weights so that someone who can't lift heavy, doesn't feel like a pussy by lifting low, and then overexerting themselves by tryna do what they're doing on the DVD.

Remember, I forgot what workout it was in, but Tony said "I don't wanna brag here, but I can easily do 110 Lbs. with this exercise.......", so, he can definitely lift hard, he's not a bitch, but I think my reasoning above is why he keeps it fairly low.

That was for the lawnmowers. Also, that's probably his max and he isn't doing it for reps. I realize he may not be going all out, but 12 lbs seems absurd. It's not like he's doing 10 lb kickbacks and 15 lb curls either though. He has fat fucks attempting crane position, toe lock, and one arm pushups and pylo and always says pick another weight if you need to etc. It just makes no sense to me.
    edited August 2012
    Jobe said:

Episode said:

Jobe said:

Also, if you're that proficient with the pullups, your probably ready to toss a few weights in a backpack to up the difficulty. Lrn2RossTrain, read Never Gymless.

NO MORE EXCUSES FAGGOT!

I don't think I'm quite ready for that

1) You're in the right rep range for building size.
    2) Adding more resistance will help you build up your reps quicker.
    3) You've done them before with extra weight, it was just on your gut instead of in a backpack.

I'll try it tomorrow for Legs And Back and see what's up. I'll put a 10 in my drawstring backpack.
    Jobe said:

Episode said:

That was for the lawnmowers. Also, that's probably his max and he isn't doing it for reps. I realize he may not be going all out, but 12 lbs seems absurd. It's not like he's doing 10 lb kickbacks and 15 lb curls either though. He has fat fucks attempting crane position, toe lock, and one arm pushups and pylo and always says pick another weight if you need to etc. It just makes no sense to me.
    True true....... Was just my guess doe.

And Crane is a fucking bitch, fat or not lol. I have the strength to hold myself up, but it's the fucking balance issue that gets me every time, I either tumble forward and roll, or land back on my feet. I can still only hold it for like 5 seconds ahaha

EDIT: Although, I haven't done Yoga X since Phase 1. I seriously can't stand it, it's mind numbingly boring, so, I've been substituting it with Cardio X, which has about 15 minutes of Yoga to start it off.

And inb4 Nola. Difference between me and you, is I'm still substituting it with a similar workout, and it's the only one I substitute on the weekly schedule, yo ass was talking about taking out Plyometrics, Yoga X, and Kenpo X. That's half of the fucking weekly schedule. <_>

Haven't updated in a while but I did an extra week of month 1 and am now in the middle of recovery week. Still going strong here \m/

Also, dope! Why'd you do an extra Month 1 week?
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I just felt I needed an extra week to get my cardio where it needed to be.
    10 lbs twists weren't nothin son.
    =D>

Not much point in getting fit if you're not going to use it in the real world. There is a lot of hilly terrain on the island too. Just watch out for horse shit.
    People always underestimate how much effort it takes to get around the island. The whole no motor vehicles thing takes some getting used too. I wonder how many people a year have heart attacks there. I would guess most of them are tourists and the average is higher there than other parts of the state.
    :))
    Boi, I'm obsessed with my fucking Triceps right now lol. I stare at 'em every time I pass any kind of mirror. Shits are looking sexy, my Tris are definitely my most improved muscle from P90X, they never had definition like they do now. Really happy with my Chest, Shoulders, Back, and Traps, as well.
    Biggest improvement for me is probably the definition in my quads.
    My legs have definitely improved overall as well, Quads, Calves, Etc., and my legs are basically all muscle now and toned as fuck, but I'm not as focused on them as my upper body, I wanna still be able to rock my skinnies lol, but, I'm not talking chicken leg status, I still wanna have swole legs, just not too big.

Picture related:

Honestly, Zyzz's legs are the biggest I'd want mine to get, his were like the perfect balance, not too huge, and by no means were they not swole.

Man, that motherfucker makes me ridiculously jelly every fucking time I look at him. Nigga had the GOAT physique, everything is perfect, no homo, even if he DID use juice to get there.
    Fucking Greek God-Like genetics also play a huge part, but, nonetheless.