Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Got the rest of my weight and my bench for Body Beast at Play It Again Sports just now! Now got 100 Lbs., and the bench was a ridiculous deal, basically brand new condition, has the rack to place the bar, extensions for Chest Flys, extensions for the legs, and it inclines as well as goes down as a flat bench, all for just $30, fucking score. Now, all I need for Body Beast is my EZ-Curl Bar.

Also, WORKING OUT WITH SHAUN T TOMORROW SON!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    try not to suck him off
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Episode said:

Got the rest of my weight and my bench for Body Beast at Play It Again Sports just now! Now got 100 Lbs., and the bench was a ridiculous deal, basically brand new condition, has the rack to place the bar, extensions for Chest Flys, extensions for the legs, and it inclines as well as goes down as a flat bench, all for just $30, fucking score. Now, all I need for Body Beast is my EZ-Curl Bar.

Also, WORKING OUT WITH SHAUN T TOMORROW SON!

Great start, but you're gonna need more weight than that.

I love play it again sports! I get great deals on hockey gear there too.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Oh, I know, but I figured 100 Lbs. would be good to start out with, and as I can lift more, I'll buy more weight.
    It will probably be enough for everything but bench, deads and squats, but those are some of the most important lifts. Have you tried to bench it yet? I'd be shocked if you couldn't do it already. You will get endurance and conditioning from it, but if you want to put on size you may want to score at least another 50 lbs asap, otherwise it will be very high rep strip sets for you.
    About an hour away from working out with Shaun T!!!!!!!
    Just met him face to face, I went to take a piss, I was washing my hands, all of a sudden, this motherfucker walks into the bathroom lol. I'm just like "OH SHIT SHAUN T!". Aha fucking dope.
    $100 says he blew him.
    edited July 2012
    What a dope ass day. The workout was the regular DVD Insanity workouts on crack, speed, and a gallon of Monster. Jesus Christ. It felt amazing to get back to an Insanity workout for a day. Nothing in P90X is so rapid and intense. Also made me feel like a fucking boss that I was 1 out of maybe 5-6 that was actually in shape, and that's not even being cocky. The bitch next to me was borderline obese and was sitting, resting, huffing and puffing like she was on the verge of a heart attack for over half of the workout, it's like, why the fuck did you even come? Also felt like a boss when for the last 5 minutes of intense cardio, I look up at around the 3 minute mark, while down doing Ski Abs, and I'm one of the only 4 or 5 still going, everyone else down on the floor, unable to keep going. Like the last few soldiers crawling out of a war zone that survived ahaha. Fucking dope workout doe, Goddamn. Having Shaun there in person pushed me to another fucking level, like I was physically unable to stop. He got in my face screaming to go harder, and that was the highest level of adrenaline I've ever fucking had working out, felt like a God, I couldn't have stopped if I tried. Inspired me so much.

I also got to ACTUALLY meet him and talk to him, didn't get a picture with him, which doesn't bother me too much, 'cause nobody did, he said he was on a really tight schedule and would get in trouble, but I stopped him right before he left, and was like "Yo Shaun, I'm not tryna bug you for a picture or autograph, I just gotta show you something right quick. Insanity was a huge inspiration that sparked one of the biggest changes I've ever had in my life, and has upped my motivation, discipline, confidence, everything, and I got something to commemorate that.", and I showed him my tattoo, and his face lit the fuck up, and he was like ".......THAT'S DOPE AS HELL, MAN! Yo (Calls to his partner to come over.) Look! He got Dig Deeper tatted on his arm! Man, that's great, for real, but that's in your arm forever, so you better keep going and never stop, keep the promise you made as soon as that ink was put in you." then he dapped me up, we shook hands, and I just told him he was a huge idol of mine, and that it was an honor to meet and workout with him, thanked him, and that was it, but that made my fucking day. I just felt so bitchmade, 'cause I was fucking shaking and tripping over my words talking to him, like God was in my face or something, but it was just such an honor to finally meet him, it's not meeting someone famous that does that to me, it's meeting an idol. For instance, I met Yelawolf, and he's dope, I love his Music, but I don't look up to him, so I was real chill with him, but if I met Tyler, Kanye, XO, Drizzy, Etc., it'd be that same scenario.

Amazing day, so happy right now. #DIGDEEPER.
    Also, today reminded me of 2 things.

#1: Exactly why I like Shaun T so much more than Tony Horton. Don't get me wrong, I've come to really like Tony, and it's nice that he adds a humorous and fun touch to the workouts, but Shaun is just such a motivational person, the speeches he was giving while working out, and afterwards, were shit straight out of an epic ass movie, shit that just hit me so hard and made me not wanna slow down, no matter what. I love that so much.

#2: How weak P90X's Cardio X and Kenpo X are as Cardio workouts lol, don't get it twisted, they're still great workouts, but baby shit compared to Insanity's Cardio, they don't push me anywhere near that maximum threshold like Insanity did, it's like I almost forgot how intense Insanity really is, it's been a while away from it now.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i have never done insanity but i would have to assume that their cardio workouts are much tougher than p90x's cardio workouts... but thats only relevant if you need to shed lets say at least 25 pounds... other than that p90x i believe is a much better complete workout..
    edited July 2012
    I'd somewhat agree, being that P90X specifically focuses on each muscle group on different days, but then that honestly becomes a "Cardio is better/resistance is better." argument, 'cause that's basically what it breaks down to, Insanity = Cardio, P90X = Resistance. Neither is "better" overall, but each one can be better for your overall goals. Wanna lose weight, tone up, but not get too swole, or even just raise your endurance and stamina for a sport? Than of course, Insanity is better by a fucking long shot. But you wanna focus more on lifting weights, gaining some mass, getting physically stronger? Than P90X is better. But you care about nothing other than serious mass? Than fuck both of them, and do Body Beast. It's all a matter of personal goals. Personally, I'm glad I did Insanity and Asylum first, to shed most of my fat, 'cause that fat wouldn't have come off so fast with P90X.

However, Shaun was saying today that Asylum 2 is completed, as far as filming, but, although he said there'll be more resistance than Insanity and Asylum 1, it's still a primarily Cardio based program, so, I don't know if I'm gonna do it anymore once it drops, 'cause I'll have more mass by then, especially 'cause of Body Beast, and such intense Cardio on a daily basis would do nothing but burn off all the muscle I gained.

"he bitch next to me was borderline obese and was sitting, resting, huffing and puffing like she was on the verge of a heart attack for over half of the workout, it's like, why the fuck did you even come? "

>makes fun of fat people for being lazy
    >insults fat people for trying to workout
    logic <_>

It's not even that, it's that she came to a physical fitness event, one so intense that upon entry, you had to sign a fitness waiver insuring that you're fit enough to handle it, so that if you have a heart attack or some shit, they're not liable, and she literally just sat huffing and puffing most of the workout, during the moving push-ups, she did them on her knees, and even then, only did 2 or 3 of them. It's like, I'm not knocking her for trying, but damn, there's no way she's completed Insanity, which I think should be a requirement for you to even consider going to an event like this, considering the workout was literally Insanity and Asylum on crack. He used a lot of moves from Asylum that just had people scratching their heads like what the fuck, although, they were second nature to me, having completed Asylum, but nonetheless. Like I said, not knocking her, it's better than being a fat piece of shit, not giving a fuck, and doing jack shit about it, I just didn't understand it, it was clearly WAY above her current level. Step back and do some treadmill or jogging, get in a little better shape before you try tackling some of the most intense Cardio out there. It's like George when he tried Insanity, he knew it was way above his current level, and wanted to run, lose some weight, and get in better shape before attempting it 100%, that's the smart thing to do.
    Oh, and at the end of the Q&A, this older woman told Shaun, and started crying hysterically as soon as she opened her mouth, that like 3 days ago, her Dad died, and back in January, she lost her Daughter, and that she started Insanity in February-March, and that it's the one thing that saved her and kept her going, and that it made such a huge change in her life, and she just wanted to thank him so much, he got right off the stage and went and just hugged her and everything, shit was emotional, almost really got to me.
    Jobe said:

It will probably be enough for everything but bench, deads and squats, but those are some of the most important lifts. Have you tried to bench it yet? I'd be shocked if you couldn't do it already. You will get endurance and conditioning from it, but if you want to put on size you may want to score at least another 50 lbs asap, otherwise it will be very high rep strip sets for you.

Was looking at the worksheets for Body Beast today, definitely has loads of the "important lifts", squats, deadlifts, and presses. Even has stiff leg deadlifts. Only thing I noticed, is it seems to only have incline presses, no flat bench presses, which is fine, 'cause I have an incline bench, I just found that odd, but that's probably 'cause it only uses an EZ-Curl Bar, and no straight bar, so a flat press would be awkward and unnatural. Definitely a mass program doe, there's only one Cardio day weekly. And all the other days are Back/Bis, Chest/Tris, Shoulders, Legs, Etc., and then one rest day a week.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    It's been shown that incline benching it better for gaining than flat. Flat doesn't really do anything to gain. Ppl just do it cuz it loooks cool cuz its a powerlift
    Recovery Week. :-<

But, I'm glad, I need it. My Arm's really improving, this week should be enough to where I can lift again by next week.
    Jobe, need you to do me a favor and check your schedule, 'cause since my computer is dead, I've been having to use a schedule I found online on a website, but to my understanding, for Month 3, it's the Chest And Back/Arms And Shoulders schedule for Week 9, then the Chest, Shoulders, And Triceps/Back And Biceps schedule for Week 10, and then you repeat that back and forth schedule for Weeks 11 and 12?
    Great signs of improvement with my arm today during Cardio X. It was hurting from the jogging, jump rope, jumping, etc., anything with impact on the legs, even doe it's not directly using the arm, guess it was just the force of gravity pulling my arms down with the landing, but today, that didn't happen at all, no pain at all during any of the moves. 99% sure I'll be able to lift again next week.

Also, Jobe, you turn the Dreya Rolls into the advanced move? Where instead of just standing up from the roll, you do a Jump Knee Tuck right when you stand up? Started doing them like that last week, makes it a 10x better exercise.