Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Might replace one of the Yoga Xs next week with Cardio X. Once a week is enough with that shit.
    edited June 2012
    So stoked for Phase 2 doe, 'cause it adds another all lifting work out, and has more lifting in the schedule. Wednesday's workout is my favorite in P90X so far, I look forward to it every week. Love Plyometrics too, 'cause that brings me back to my Insanity roots.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    lift weights or die skinny
    First phase of p90x is 4 days lifting (or pushing, pulling, jumping etc) with 2 days cardio/stretching for 3 weeks.

Week 4 is supposed to be a recovery week before amping up again.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited June 2012
    Made Legs And Back my bitch today. Got at least 12-15 reps on every Pull-Up/Chin-Up variation, except the last Wide Grip Pull-Ups, in which I got 8 reps.

Really love the Calf Raise Squats, gonna up the weight next time. Loving how toned my thighs are looking, Insanity obviously toned them up real nice from all the Plyo and just straight up using my legs, but it never added any resistance other than body weight like P90X does, so I'm seeing a lot more results in my legs now.
    Erik, you gotta read Never Gymless by Ross Enamait.

Run, go now. Ok, maybe not but soon fucker.
    meh. the fastest way I've seen results is lifting every day. isolated bicep curls, flys on the workout bench, etc. gotta do that shit everyday.
    For sure. P90x is not the workout to do if you just wanna add mass. The weights are to light and way to may reps. If that's your goal you are way better doing a 5 x 5 routine and eating like its thanksgiving everyday.
    I feel like a piece of shit. My streak's finally been broken, and I've had to miss working out. Yesterday, woke up feeling like dying, slept most of the day, and the thought of standing up and getting off the couch seemed impossible, let alone working out. So, I figured I'd just work out today, since today was supposed to be a Rest Day, yesterday was supposed to be Kenpo X, they just get switched. I'm in even worse shape today and running a 102 fever, can't do it today either, and tomorrow's not looking too great, either. I can't fucking stand this.
    I feel like a piece of shit. My streak's finally been broken, and I've had to miss working out. Yesterday, woke up feeling like dying, slept most of the day, and the thought of standing up and getting off the couch seemed impossible, let alone working out. So, I figured I'd just work out today, since today was supposed to be a Rest Day, yesterday was supposed to be Kenpo X, they just get switched. I'm in even worse shape today and running a 102 fever, can't do it today either, and tomorrow's not looking too great, either. I can't fucking stand this.

Best time for it, its recovery week. Missing kempo and yoga won't kill ya. Just take some extra zinc and vitamin c, and get hella rest so you can jump into next week. Working out when sick is the worst thing you can do.

Did yoga today, then did Ab Ripper just for shit and giggles.
    Damn, this nigga hooked it up with a boatload of supplement samples at GNC. I bought some Wheybolic, and he gave me a 5 serving sample of Cellucor C4 Creatine (Which is dope, 'cause the 2 other Creatines I wanted to try other than the Amplified Creatine 189 that I'm using now, are the C4, and the MusclePharm Creatine.), a 1 serving sample of HydroxyCut Elite, which is a weight loss supplement, a 1 or 2 serving sample of 1.M.R. (One More Rep), which is a pre-workout supplement, another 1 serving sample of a mass gainer, some energy/sex pills lol, don't know what the fuck they are, and then an issue of this muscle magazine. Dope shit, stoked to try the C4 and 1.M.R. .
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I would use C4 when weightlifting good shit man.

Best time for it, its recovery week. Missing kempo and yoga won't kill ya. Just take some extra zinc and vitamin c, and get hella rest so you can jump into next week. Working out when sick is the worst thing you can do.

Did yoga today, then did Ab Ripper just for shit and giggles.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Just got done with my first day on week 2 after being plagued by power outages all day. But I can already see a difference in my endurance. Feelsgoodman.jpg
    Fuck yeah!

Core synergistics was a welcome change today. Superman to bananna like a motherfucker lol.
    So, I lost 4 Lbs. during the course of being sick, now weighing in at 172 Lbs., just really hoping that none of that weight lost was muscle weight. I've been under eating like a motherfucker due to loss of appetite, and haven't been following the Nutrition Plan, 'cause it would've honestly made shit worse, being so highly veggie and fruit based, which are high in fiber, and fiber = No-No with bad diarrhea. Plus, those meals are fucking filling, and there's no way I could've even downed most of them. While sick, I ate a lot of shit that I normally wouldn't, white pasta, white bread, white rice, certain cereals like Rice Crispies, etc., due to the starch, which is the best kind of food to eat with diarrhea. So, obviously, carbs and calories up the ass, but I ate so little, that I barely broke 1,000-1,500 calories daily.

Feeling fairly up to strength, may resume working out tonight, if not, tomorrow is a for sure, gonna do doubles to catch up on all the workouts I missed.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    carbs are good dood
    So, I lost 4 Lbs. during the course of being sick, now weighing in at 172 Lbs., just really hoping that none of that weight lost was muscle weight. I've been under eating like a motherfucker due to loss of appetite, and haven't been following the Nutrition Plan, 'cause it would've honestly made shit worse, being so highly veggie and fruit based, which are high in fiber, and fiber = No-No with bad diarrhea. Plus, those meals are fucking filling, and there's no way I could've even downed most of them. While sick, I ate a lot of shit that I normally wouldn't, white pasta, white bread, white rice, certain cereals like Rice Crispies, etc., due to the starch, which is the best kind of food to eat with diarrhea. So, obviously, carbs and calories up the ass, but I ate so little, that I barely broke 1,000-1,500 calories daily.

Feeling fairly up to strength, may resume working out tonight, if not, tomorrow is a for sure, gonna do doubles to catch up on all the workouts I missed.
    Don't push it dude... You didn't really miss shit. Today was stretch.... fucking boring son. Make sure you do Core Synergistics, that was the only good one this week.
    'Bout to work out. Gonna do Kenpo X and Cardio X to make up for Saturday and Monday (Replacing one of the Yoga Xs with Cardio X.), then tomorrow I'll do Core Synergistics and I believe Kenpo X was Wednesday's workout? Then Saturday, I'll do X Stretch, Yoga X, and whatever Saturday's workout is.
    didn't work out since saturday and finally worked out today cause I've felt like shit. I at least stuck to my diet despite not working out.
    I wish I could've, but it really would've fucked with my diarrhea, and I just wanted it gone ASAP and didn't want to do anything to upset it.

'Bout to work out. Gonna do Kenpo X and Cardio X to make up for Saturday and Monday (Replacing one of the Yoga Xs with Cardio X.), then tomorrow I'll do Core Synergistics and I believe Kenpo X was Wednesday's workout? Then Saturday, I'll do X Stretch, Yoga X, and whatever Saturday's workout is.
    It's not smart to push yourself that hard after being sick. You're not doing yourself any favors by squeezing them all in.

It's not smart to push yourself that hard after being sick. You're not doing yourself any favors by squeezing them all in.

Im'ma play it by ear and see how I feel.