Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    i havent even measured it officially. its just a VERY rough estimate usually my fingers as the calipers and a formula on bodybuilding.com
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Welp, mark today as the first day that I didn't sweat a drop during an Insanity workout. Today was the first Relief of Asylum, but it wasn't anything like I expected it to be. With Cardio Recovery and Max Recovery from Insanity, I still sweat like crazy and everything burned like Hell, but Relief was just a short 23 minute extremely slow and relaxed stretching routine, and although some of them burned a bit, I was able to hold all of them all the way through. But yea, no physical toll at all. Almost feels like a waste, but at the same time, my body feels great right now, very loose and relaxed, some really deep stretches were involved, and they definitely helped with any overall tightness. And it was just in time, 'cause tomorrow is the first Gameday, the hardest and longest Asylum workout.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Stretching may seem like a waste, but you are still young. You lose flexibility as you age if you don't stretch enough. It is also very important to stretch out as you lift weights to maintain good range of motion. That's why some serious littered can barely move their body while others have the agility of a man 100 lbs lighter.

*poll*
    How many people here can touch their toes with feet together and legs straight?
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I can actually palm the ground while standing like that.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    I can barely touch my ankles my left hammy is especially bad
    I can, and I can also palm the ground as well.
    FUCK YEA! This is that Body Beast program that I was talking about! Beachbody finally released a teaser video for it. Comes out in the Summer. So stoked for this. It's claim, opposed to Insanity's weight loss claims, is to gain 10 Lbs. of muscle in 90 days. Which is dope. Now that I'm down to 180 Lbs., my goal is to get back up to 200 Lbs. and gain at least 20 Lbs. in muscle.

(Jobe, since you're more into lifting, you should think about doing this program, no fat loss involved, all about mass building.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE_dbHglISs&feature=youtu.be
    Gameday was fucking amazing! Today was the first one (There's 3 total in Asylum, and the last 2 are combined with Overtime, making it a 75 minute workout.), and like I said, it's the hardest and longest Asylum workout, and is basically the pinnacle of the Sports Performance theme. Each set of workouts was separated into different sports. So one set was Basketball, one was Baseball, one was Football, one wa Tennis, one was Soccer, one was Track & Field, one was Speed Skating, one was Swimming, one was Surfing, etc. And each one targeted parts of the body and the skills necessary for each sport, so for instance, Football and Basketball used a lot of squats, jumping, leg resistance, etc., Swimming focused on the back and shoulders, Soccer focused on agility, coordination, and speed, etc. So, as you can guess, literally every part of the body got worked out extremely hard, and in a fairly balanced way, it wasn't where everything got worked out, but shit like, let's say arms, got worked out more than anything else. Literally everything was worked out equally. And it was for an hour straight with very little breaks. Basically only gave one after each sport, so maybe 5-6 30 second breaks throughout the entire hour workout. Absolutely love it. Everything is warm and burning right now, feels amazing. This workout is what Asylum should've been all the way through. Not to say that I don't like the other workouts, but this EASILY outshines all of them in every way. It was both the hardest workout I've done, and my absolute favorite. This outshines every Insanity and Asylum workout combined. Shit's so fun.

As a side note, the Rocky Mountain Switches on the Pull-Up Bar were brutal. You hang on the bar with your knees bent up, and switch your hands from front to back repeatedly while hanging. I was able to do it about 5 times front to back (So, 10 times switching my hands in total.), but then had to stop, because my arms were giving out and I couldn't even pull-up anymore, my strength's not quite there yet, but that's definitely one of the moves that Im'ma really focus on improving. Luckily, he gives an alternative if you either A: Can't do them, or B: Have to stop, which Side Lateral Push-Ups on the ground.

#DigDeeper.
    I'm gonna try those switches tomorrow. The Ross training I've been doing has had me doing a pullup, then at the top of the pull, switching both hands in the air to chin up position and catch yourself before you bust your ass, and repeat.

What were the skating exercises?
    Hard to explain, I'll take a picture of the move on the video and post it.

I love Asylum, I feel it's overall the most well rounded program. It's not like Insanity where it's all Cardio with the main focus of weight loss. It literally works everything. You got Speed & Agility, which is the most like Insanity, a primarily Cardio-based workout focused on just getting you sweating and your heart pumping, Strength, which is all lifting and resistance techniques to build up some mass and increase your strength/power, Back To Core which focuses on your back and shoulders, which are heavily ignored, Vertical Plyo, which focuses on your legs and improving your jumping and explosiveness, Relief, which works on flexibility, and then Gameday, which is everything in one. Love it.
    I tried those switch grips today, can't say I really liked them. How far apart is your grip supposed to be? I used a regular pull up width, and it kinda felt like swinging on monkey bars, except with mixing in an awkward pull up grip. It felt like a great way to injure a lat muscle from jerking side to side, but perhaps I just had too wide of a grip.

I also caught the insanity infomercial on tv today and watched it just to get an idea of some of the exercises in it. In just about every after photo, the guys would go from built fat to shredded, but they all had fucked unsymmetrical abs. I'm not sure if it was just their genetics or if it was from the workout itself. Thoughts?
    Pic related, don't want them GSP abs.
    Ross training switch grip pull ups...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S5y4TnqfBI
    I tried those switch grips today, can't say I really liked them. How far apart is your grip supposed to be? I used a regular pull up width, and it kinda felt like swinging on monkey bars, except with mixing in an awkward pull up grip. It felt like a great way to injure a lat muscle from jerking side to side, but perhaps I just had too wide of a grip.

I also caught the insanity infomercial on tv today and watched it just to get an idea of some of the exercises in it. In just about every after photo, the guys would go from built fat to shredded, but they all had fucked unsymmetrical abs. I'm not sure if it was just their genetics or if it was from the workout itself. Thoughts?
    Shaun T, in the video, and I, just use a regular grip, arms just a bit wider than the shoulders.

And idk, probably just genetics. My abs are straight, all the dudes in the videos' abs are straight, and a lot of results pictures that I saw on Teambeachbody.com had straight abs. I think it's just like bitches' tits not both being the same size lol, some might have those perfectly straight and sculpted abs, and some might be a little off.

Also, Jobe (And I'm sure you are, since after you told me about /fit/, I went on there, and he seems to be a frequent meme on there lol.), but are you familiar with Scooby? Lol I hate that annoying ass fucker. His voice makes me wanna violently destroy my computer every time I hear him.
    So, ever since posting my results pictures on Facebook, I've gotten 5 other kids on Insanity, they all hit me up after seeing them, asking for details on how to download it and shit. Now, whether or not they stay as dedicated as me or finish it, it still feels so amazing to see that I inspire others to at least try it without saying a word.
    I know who he is, but I've only seen maybe two or three of his videos. I had no problems with them but they are not for me. He's legit, and most of his videos are about helping people who don't know anything get started, and great for those people if he inspires them, but there is just something about him that is off putting to me. Fuck Scooby and his stupid hat, y u no Ross Training?

Damn, that shit looked nuts ahahaha.
    edited May 2012
    So, I was looking at the P90X Nutrition Guide, to know ahead of time what I'll be eating and how much I'll have to cook, and at first, the way it's laid out, it looked way too difficult and way too much time spent cooking, but looking over it for a good half hour, I found out that it's actually quite simple, even more so than Insanity's Nutrition Guide. Only difference is that it tells you what to eat for each meal on each day, rather than giving you the choice of what to make for each meal, and it has me eating a little less calories than Insanity, it calculated me at 2,700 calories (Insanity calculated me at 2,900, so only a 200 calorie difference.), which puts me in Level II, and Level II is 2,400-3,000 calories, and it says to aim for the lowest calories of the level you're in daily, meaning I should be eating 2,400 daily, even doe I was calculated at 2,700. So that's fine, only 500 calories less than what I'm eating now, and that puts me at a 1,000 calorie deficit of my maintenance, so the weight and fat will shed off a bit quicker.