Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I really hope I don't get fucked and this isn't an 18+ event. There's no details other than the date right now. But I don't see why it would be, it's just working out, and it's not late. (It's 8 A.M. To 11 A.M. .).
    Also, ordered the rest of my equipment for Asylum tonight; the Power Bands, the Agility Ladder, and the Speed Rope. Hope they all get here in time for Monday.
    Just did Cardio Core And Balance to start off my Recovery Week. Jesus Christ, ridiculous how much easier it was now. Haven't done it since Week 5. I literally only took 1 single like, 5 second break the entire workout ahaha. Feels good son.
    Dope! Shaun T replied to me on Facebook!

I said:

Is this the real Shaun T.? If so, I just wanna say thank you so much for your amazing program. Truly changed my life and shot my confidence through the roof. I just finished Insanity today, and I've never felt so proud and accomplished of myself. The results speak for themselves. Taking a Recovery Week, and then I'll be meeting you in the Asylum!

And he just replied with:

Yes this is me!! Thanks so much for the kind words, that really means a lot! And congrats on your success with Insanity. Do me a favor and keep me posted on how you do along the way with Asylum! Take care and keep digging deep!
    Shaun
    Did a full lifting workout today for the first time ever. Finally got my Dumbbells, so I was finally able to do the bonus Upper Body Weight Training workout as part of my Recovery Week. Was nice, not as intense as the ridiculous Cardio workouts, but gave a really nice burn in my arms and shoulders. Was annoying to keep having to increase the weight after each set doe.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    just get bands
    I am, they're on their way in the mail, but all the workouts can only be done with Dumbbells anyways.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    yea but 80 percent of arm workouts can be done with bands
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Did a full lifting workout today for the first time ever.

Son, I am proud.
    Was annoying to keep having to increase the weight after each set doe.
    dealwithit.jpeg

Just keep looking for more cheap weights for sale. It's not so bad when you get enough gear. The quick change weights are nice but expensive for a decent set with more than 25 lbs.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Will definitely check it out, why is the nutrition section depressing? Lol.
    His diet is insanely strict. I thought I ate pretty good untill I read it. No processed foods of any kind, all natural, organic foods, no white flour, dude hates flour lol. It's way more dedicated than most people want to get, but the guy is such an elite level athlete its ridiculous. Then again, dude just might be a cyborg from the future, he does things that people shouldn't be able to do lol. Look up Ross Training on youtube, be amazed.
    DAMN son my arms are sore as fuck still from lifting yesterday. I haven't been sore like this since the first week of Insanity. But in a way, I love the pain, shows that I put in some serious work, but it's an annoying/irritating pain at the same time.
    The feeling of doms (delayed onset muscle soreness) is a lot more enjoyable when its not in your legs.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    The feeling of doms (delayed onset muscle soreness) is a lot more enjoyable when its not in your legs.
    i haaaate leg day with a passion just cuz i can barely go up or down stairs for at least a day afterwards
    Rest of my workout equipment came in today! Got my Agility Ladder, Speed Rope, and Strength Bands. Now completely set up and ready for Asylum on Monday! \:D/
    Oh, but the jump rope exercises are gonna be fucking hard. I literally haven't jumped rope since Elementary School, and I just tried jumping a bit, I'm completely uncoordinated with the motherfucker, kept tripping on it and shit.
    Asylum officially starts tomorrow! LEHGO.
    First Asylum workout starts now! \:D/

SUICIDE WATCH NIGGA, I'M 'BOUT TO KILL MYSELF.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Welp guys, I started the fit test today on INsanity, My nigga Erik hooked me up with it. I'm ashamed to say I gave it my all, but theres was just some exercises I couldnt do. Like the pushup type jawns. I'm not discouraged though, I just have to start walking around town and get myself to drop a few lbs and in a little better shape so I can complete the fit test and start Insanity. My goal is to walk/jog around continue to eat healthier and try every monday to do the fit test. Once I can complete it, I'll move on...

Any other suggestions on how I can strenghten my arms? tbh doe I just think its the weight. Its a little dissapointing, but a reality check i need this and want this and am going to take the weight off again. The battle with weight never ends! I got this!

I am willing to take any suggestions doe from people who are/were in my posistion. Thnaks guys and I wont give up! Today is just the start \m/
    Good job George! Glad to see that you at least tried, but to be honest, I'd go on with Insanity, and just do it to your best ability, no matter how many breaks you have to take, and your stamina and endurance will go up gradually. Me, for instance, I was taking probably 15-20 breaks throughout the workouts, and absolutely struggling, but still pushed through. By the last 3 weeks, I was taking maybe 5 breaks tops, sometimes less, with each workout. Just my opinion doe.

And of course, and with no offense intended at all, it could be that you're more overweight than I was. I was only 12 pounds over my average weight when I started, and prior to it, had already been on a daily 30 minute treadmill workout, so my stamina was already there somewhat. It does say in the Insanity Welcome Guide that if you're noticably overweight and don't already workout somewhat, that Insanity might be too hard. It's not a beginner's workout at all. Keep digging deeper doe!
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Thanks for the encouragement from two of my straight homie! I'm gonna take my dog for a walk tomorrow an when Andrea does insanity I'll do what I can do without injurin myself! I got this!