Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Also, first Asylum workout completed!

And holy fuck, I'm in love. I actually, and call me crazy, want to redo the workout all over again right now. Shit's so fun, and it flies by, 'cause it was all agility and sports based, so you stay extremely focused on staying in the Agility Ladder and not stepping on the rungs. I was in my fucking zone! Difficulty wise, I'd say the stamina needed and how much it takes out of you is not much harder than the Month 2 Insanity workouts, I wasn't breathing any harder than I was with Insanity, but I DID sweat a whole Hell of a lot more. But, at the same time, I was reading that Speed & Agility, the workout I did today, is like the "warm-up" exercise out of all the Asylum workouts, so we'll see. What I did immediately notice doe, is that the primary reason it's recommended to complete Insanity first, is that without the built-up overall body strength and endurance from completing Insanity, a lot of these workouts would be almost impossible, you'd be getting muscle failure very easily and be collapsing. Never happened to me, of course, but I was just thinking "God DAMN I wouldn't have been able to do these in the first week of Insanity.".

One thing I really gotta work on, is my coordination and balance with the jump rope, he has you do a lot of jumping variations in the warm-up (One leg, cross-legged, high knees, etc.), and I kept fucking up and tripping, wasn't able to do more than 3-4 consecutive jumps with those.

But other than that, I was very solid with everything! Even in the Fit Test, my scores were only a few numbers lower than the people in the video.

Also, he takes very little breaks on Asylum, compared to Insanity, maybe only 3 or 4 the entire workout, and those were the only breaks I took, never had to stop during the workouts.

But DAMN I fucking love Asylum, great workout, he really stepped it up from Insanity. It felt so fucking great to workout extremely hard after that Recovery Week. I realize my body needed it, and I really notice it with the relief in my knees, but DAMN I hated doing those slow paced, mild workouts. Felt like I was being lazy and not achieving anything. Feels amazing to be back in it.

#DIGDEEPER.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Go for it George! \m/
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Also, went to a party for Cinco De Mayo on Saturday with my Cousin, went in saying I'm not gonna drink or eat the snacks, smoked a shit ton of weed, got the highest I've ever been, got the "Fuck it, I finished Insanity, I start Asylum on Monday, and this is my first time partying/drinking since January/February, I can let it go for a night." mindset, took shot after shot, got trashed, started pigging out, eating chips, pizza, etc. Felt like a fat sack of shit, felt ashamed and disappointed in myself, and the next day, I had stomach problems like a motherfucker. Eating as healthy as I do, I've basically "cleansed" my body, and eating greasy nasty ass junk food really fucked with me. Never again. I still feel ashamed about it. Which is why I went so fucking hard on Asylum today. I didn't gain any weight, luckily, but I felt like a sloppy fat fuck letting myself go for even one night like that.
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Thanks jay >:D<
    b-(

Suspension was bullshit [-(
    Dope ass workout today! Today was Strength, a straight up weight training workout with Resistance Bands, Dumbbells, and the Pull-Up Bar, with a very select few Cardio moves thrown in. Wasn't as fun as Speed & Agility, 'cause it's not as sports based, and it's obviously a lot slower paced, but still really dope. Really worked the fuck out of my arms, my veins are pulsing out of my biceps right now, that's never happened before lol.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    welcome to the wonderful world of weightlifting lol. its a lot better feeling when you make gains because its a lot harder work.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Thanks for the encouragement from two of my straight homie! I'm gonna take my dog for a walk tomorrow an when Andrea does insanity I'll do what I can do without injurin myself! I got this!
    Check out Couch 2 5K, you got this shit dude!
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/index.shtml
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Thanks man, I'm bout to crash. I'll read up on it tomorrow!
    Brad/Dayna, did y'all buy your Insanity?
    Didn't update, but today was Back To Core, it works the living fuck out of your, yep, back and core. I've never felt that intense of a burn in my back before, shit was great.
    Decided not to do Asylum, I don't feel like buying bands and agility ladders etc, and if I were to do it I would probably get more out of it doing insanity first. Instead I bought another 100 lbs of weights today to keep my progress going on my lifts.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    And that's what you call a stiff legged deadlift
    I love that gif... That kid is fired up!
    Today's workout beat the fucking shit out of me. First true example of Asylum being harder than Insanity. Singlehandedly the hardest workout I've ever done. Today was Vertical Plyo, so obviously, nothing but leg work, and with that, non-stop jumping. It was even worse 'cause my body, especially my legs, were already so sore from yesterday's show. It starts off with you having to jump across the entire length of the Agility Ladder, either 5 or 6 feet, I forget, from a standing position, no running start, and landing in a low squat position. Then sprinting back to the front of it, and jumping again, for a minute straight. Everything else was nuts too, including shit like X Jumps and Plyo Push-Ups with the strongest Power Bands around both your ankles and wrists.

I was forced to take way more breaks than I would have liked, but this is the main workout that Im'ma work on tackling harder and harder each time, 'cause I took literally no breaks on the other 3, other than the very few that Shaun gives you in the video.
    Also, tomorrow is my first Rest Day. Already dreading it. I feel lazy and hate the days that I don't workout. Shit's weird doe. In Insanity, Rest Days were every Sunday, and with this, it's just randomly placed on a Friday, and then my next one isn't 'til Day 22. There's only 2 full Rest Days in Asylum. There's Relief Days, which is a 25 minute stretching/Yoga-like workout, but it's still working out, rather than a full on Rest Day.
    Relief days > rest days
    You woulda spent way less on the Agility Ladder and Power Bands. For 3 levels of Power Bands and my Agility Ladder, it was $40 altogether. Pretty sure you spent way more on 100 Lbs. of weights lol.

And not really, you woulda still gotten great results from Asylum, it's just that it's recommended to finish Insanity first. But I'm assuming you're already in good enough shape that you'd be able to do Insanity, unless you have bad joints or something.

BTW, how come you've never posted a body shot? No homo, it's just that you're one of the top posters as far as fitness/working out goes, but you've never posted what kind of shape you're in. I'm curious. It's like this poster on one of my Hip Hop forums that made this huge fitness thread, he's a bodybuilder, to give him any questions you have, but we've never seen his body lol.