Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    get your elbows as high as possible, 45 degree angle... keep back straight
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fucking bitchmade fuck boi. And of course, brand new face, so most likely a resolutioner. I was doing Leg Curls, and the plates weren't slamming or extremely loud, just bumping eachother from the momentum of bringing the weight back down, and at the end of my last set, this fucking faggot comes over, and he's like "Can you please stop? The plates aren't 'sposed to touch, and you got them touching on literally every rep.", I was like "Ain't 'sposed to touch...hmm, news to me. Considering there's 3 employees not 20 feet away, and they've been standing there for all my sets, haven't said a word, and never do, week after week, no matter how much noise I make. That's not a rule here, lemme guess, you came from Planet Fitness? Don't think I'm leaving 'cause of you, you're lucky I was on my last set, I woulda been louder.". So, my boi sees all this going down, and I'm walking back to the weight room, and he just smirks at me and gives me like the "I got this." Look. Just as I get to the weight room, I don't know what machine he took, but I suddenly hear this ridiculously loud just all out slamming of plates. Sounded like a 4-5 plate Deadlift repeatedly being dropped. Ahahaha. Don't fuck wit me you beta ass bitch. It's a fucking gym, not a fucking library.
    You know you're making j00cy gains when the same amount of calories ain't making you gain as much weight as just a month ago. I was gaining a steady 2 Lbs. per week at 3,600 calories, and I only gained a pound this week. Which is fine, 'cause a pound per week means less fat gain than 2 Lbs. per week, but if it slows down to .5 Lb. per week, then Im'ma up my intake to 3,800 calories.
    Benched 135 today for 4 sets of 9-11 reps, got 11, 9, 10, 9, in that order. I nailed 135 3 weeks ago, but it was only for 4 sets of 6-8 reps, and I only got more than 6 reps on 1 set. I love this program so much 'cause it's getting both more swole, and stronger, 'cause weeks 1 & 2 of each month are hypertrophy weeks, and weeks 3 & 4 of each month are power/strength weeks. It's like a mix of both bodybuilding and powerlifting, which I'm seeing now, is the optimal way to train.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    GYM TONIGHT FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUARK.
    I love winning with women
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Resolutioner 8-}
  • CaexCaex Posts: 229 salt miner
    I havent gone to the gym in 3 weeks cause I had surgery. Shit sucks
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    was sick for the last 10 days. went back for the first time today. felt good. only maybe 5% loss of production because of the break which was nice. looking forward to going back lol
    Trying a new stance for deadlift. It's like a semi sumo stance with legs way out past shoulder width. It feels a little awkward but better posture and less travel distance from floor to end position. Starting light on 80kg to see how it feels
    Did heavy ass oblique side bends yesterday (Only 50 Lbs., but when you never really specifically target your obliques, it's heavy.), and cot damn, my lower back and obliques are feeling it. No injury, just DOMS, but when it's DOMS in an area you're not used to, shit is brutal. And I finally got DOMS in my Lats. I always go ham on my Back days, but never seem to get DOMS in my Lats. Feels good son.
    Hey Popsicle have you looked into any local powerlifting comps in your area?
    Not really. Not like it matters, I ain't lifting anywhere NEAR competition levels, even my 1RMs. And I ain't a Powerlifter, and don't train/eat like one, so I'd be mediocre at best in a competition.

I really wanna find some local teen bodybuilding shows doe, see first hand what my competition would be and how big I have to realistically get before I even think about competing.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Popsicle doesn't want power, he wants to be purdy.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Jobe said:

Popsicle doesn't want power, he wants to be purdy.

Yep. Powerlifters are impressive, don't get me wrong. But they're all fat and have to eat like savages to get that power. Being a fatass to lift a couple 100 extra pounds ain't my thing. But like I said, my current training is a mix of bodybuilding and powerlifting, and my numbers are going up like crazy. And the next program Im'ma do, PHAT (Power Hypertrophy Adaptive Training), is the same concept, a mixture of both training styles. But I'd never go full powerlifting. What truly inspires me in the lifting world is Bodybuilders wit amazing statuesque physiques, not Powerlifters that are Deadlifting 1,000 Lbs., although it IS impressive. As long as I eventually hit the 1,000 Lb. club, B/S/D numbers adding up to a combined 1,000+ Lbs., I'll be good.

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Somebody hooked me up with a set of 35 lb hex barbells for free today "cuz they're too heavy" lol.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited January 2013
    Not all powerlifters are fat Popsicle. The beauty of the sport is they have different age and weight classes so you are competing in a level playing field. I used to compete in the 75kg (165lb) class so I was lifting against guys who ranged from about 67.5kg to 75kg max. And they have junior (under 25 years of age I think) and sub-junior classes (under 20?).
    I just thought you might like to go along and watch a local comp, not to compete, I just think you'd enjoy it.
    They are low-key and usually free to watch
    Fuck deez ego lifters at the gym. Motherfucker just put 20 plates on the leg press, 900 Lbs. total, and he starts "leg pressing" and it's such a tiny movement that it was basically like a calf raise, except he was using his entire leg. Gets off and acts like a boss "Yeaaaa who the FUCK'S gonna top that?", I looked at him and said "Cute, now do it ACTUALLY pressing the weight and bending your knees.". He got salty and walked away.
    Gnomez, you use mixed grip for Deads? I been using it, and it's definitely my favorite. Admittedly, the horror stories I've read about bicep tears due to the mixed grip had me a little shook, but I've read that it's mainly 'cause of motherfuckers bending their arms in a curl like fashion when lifting the bar off the ground, mainly when going heavy, which puts all the tension on the bicep and tears it. So, I been keeping my arms straight and making sure I never bend them, should be good as long as I play it safe and don't ego lift, but it's definitely the most effective Deadlift grip IMO. Especially for Romanians, 'cause you never actually "deaden" the weight and let it hit the ground like you do wit a Standard Deadlift. You have to hold the weight the entire time, and before switching to mixed grip, I was having to cut my sets short before hitting all my reps, not 'cause it was too heavy, but because my grip was giving out on me, but I don't have that problem wit mixed grip, 'cause you basically lock the bar into your hands.
    I'm also gonna try some more hook grip.
    edited January 2013
    I ALWAYS use mixed grip for DL and so does everyone i know.
    I always use a bar with decent grip/nurl (sp?) on it. And I have a tub of chalk in my bag if my hands get sweaty too as chalk is great (but a bit messy) for helping your grip