Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck outta here. I go nearly ATG every time, no half squat bullshit.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    NolaMetal said:

ive been lifting for a grand total of one month in my entire life BRAH

The numbers don't matter dude. All that is important is that you are doing shit to improve yourself.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    well the numbers matter a little bit, i mean you wanna see your numbers improve improve over time but thats about it
    But as long as you keep at it, they will. What I mean is that it doesn't matter if you start by benching just the bar, if that is what it takes to get your form right. Some people tend to want to want to do more than they can handle and still keep the form they need just to hit a bigger number.
    Finally back in the fucking gym today and I couldn't be happier if I tried. Goddamn, it feels good. It's definitely an "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Type of deal for me when it comes to lifting. Went so fucking nuts today.

Also, decided not to do Body Beast a second time. As far as I'm concerned, all that's gonna do is cause major plateauing. Gotta switch it up and get on a different routine. So, I'm now doing a routine that I found on Bodybuilding.Com called Shortcut To Size, it's a 12 week program, and it's based on reaching failure on every set of every move. You use the same weight for all sets, but use a weight that makes you hit failure in between 12-15 reps for all sets. Today was Chest And Triceps, and Goddamn, my Chest got fucking thrashed more than it has in a hot ass minute. Loving this program already, and I'm finally doing Barbell Bench Presses. Leg Day on Thursday is gonna be absolutely brutal.
    Damn, so I was looking at the schedule for this new program, and it goes in Microcycles. Microcycle 1 is Week 1 of Month 1, Month 2, and Month 3, Microcycle 4 is Week 4 of Month 1, Month 2, and Month 3, Etc. . So anyways, as the Microcycles go up, the reps go down, and the weight goes up. For instance, for Microcycle 1, I'm going for 12-15 reps on all sets, wit lower weight, but by the time I get to Microcycle 4, it's only 3-5 reps for all sets at your heaviest possible weight. So, by that point, Im'ma go for at LEAST 250 Lbs. on both Squats and Deadlifts, and prolly a 3 plate Leg Press.
    Lol I have the very opposite of chicken legs, getting horse legs that are outgrowing the rest of my body, so my lower body is way bigger than upper. It's only noticeable when I'm naked doe.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Pics not necessary X_X
    I actually just took a new leg progress pic at the gym, gonna post it later. No, it's not nude.
    The girls here will be disappointed :D
    Legs looking j00cy as fuark on the leg press machine. (Blurry 'cause of the zoom.)

I'm just glad that the mouse wasn't outta the house

You came in this thread?
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    Pumped got 5lbs of whey and protein bars for Christmas I'm going to pick up calipers and possibly a fat burner this week and start back up at the gym
    Most brutal leg day I've ever fucking had today. Every move was over 100 Lbs. except for the One Leg Leg Press.

Squat - 155 for 4x9-11+1 set to failure
    One Leg Leg Press - 75 each leg for 3x9-11+1 set to failure
    Leg Extension - 190 for 3x9-11+1 set to failure
    Romanian Deadlift - 135 for 4x9-11+1 set to failure
    Leg Curl - 190 for 3x9-11+1 set to failure
    Also, I basically never run or jog, and any and all Cardio I've done has been HIIT, but today, at the end of my workout, I figured "Fuck it, why not." And hopped on the treadmill for a few minutes. As someone who hasn't done an ounce of Cardio in almost a month, and never really runs, I ran a mile in about 7 minutes, 8MPH steady all the way through. Never had to slow it down.

Fuck you mean lifting don't build cardiovascular endurance son.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    Down another 5 pounds to 170 right now. Whoo! Haven't gone to the gym tho in 3-4 weeks so I'm sure some is muscle loss but I'm getting there. Ordered fat calipers this week so I'm really going to start keeping statsand progress pics
    I know in the grand scheme of things, it ain't shit, but I hit a 135 Lb. Bench today (90 Lbs. in plates.), but I'm proud of it, considering I only started doing barbell benches 2 weeks ago, and had to do 2 25s, almost doubled my weight in just 2 weeks.
    What is more important than the numbers you start at is the fact that you started. The numbers have no where to go but up.
    AHAHAHA YES! Beast Nutrition just released a new supplement called 2SHREDDED. =))