Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Lol I really was intending on waiting a bit, but she straight up said in her profile she was only interested in FWB. We talked for a couple days beforehand as well and agreed that neither of us were interested in catching feelings right now so it worked out perfectly. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Man, my issues aren't anything serious, but i am just straight up burnt the fuck out. I need like a week where no one bugs me and i can just chill, smoke weed, and not have to do shit lol.

We now have an offer accepted on a house, so we are starting the underwriting process, but man the whole process is just mentally exhausting. Were not trying to live anywhere near Grand Rapids, so my trips to look at houses have been about an hour away each time. Ive just been driving all over the place. People who don't drive a lot, like my GF, just do not understand how taxing it can be on you. 

So that on top of normal stuff like making sure the kids and family has everything they need, plus work has been just absolutely bonkers this year. Its hard for me to keep my day to day schedule straight sometimes lol.

I did go to that show, which was great, but then i got in trouble for being hung over and worthless the next day =))))))

Light at the end of the tunnel though. Hopefully everything with the closing goes smooth with this house. 

TL/DR - nothing serious, just mentally taxed

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    The burn out has been fucking real lately. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    @Rex_Capone420 I know how you feel Johnnie. It sounds like a first world problem but work has been getting me down lately too as it's just too damn busy all the time. What a problem to have huh?

Hey good luck with your house man. Glad you had a show to watch and to have a few beers and have a blow out 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Thanks bud!

yeah, we are just killing it at work right now, but also its the summer so the agents are not in the office a lot. Just makes the service side pretty hectic. I feel very fortunate to have had stable income this whole time though. 

Yeah ill post the house when we close lol. Im anxious about the underwriting  process. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Also pretty burnt out over here. The grind lately has been real. I could use a vacation but don’t wanna use the vacation time up right now. Trying to save as much of it up as I can for the end of the year. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    We came to an abrupt halt renovating the house. It either costs us $10-15k to remove all the exterior asbestos…OR we learn how to do it ourselves. So I’m having to take online classes so I can get certified. Fucking sucks. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Fucking asbestos! Its treated like toxic waste here. I'm in the process of buying my bro out of a house we own. The roof needs replacing. Just had the existing roof tested and it has asbestos. Been quoted $10,000 to remove and dispose of the existing roof. That's before we then spend $30,000 on a new roof. Crazy money !
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    We came to an abrupt halt renovating the house. It either costs us $10-15k to remove all the exterior asbestos…OR we learn how to do it ourselves. So I’m having to take online classes so I can get certified. Fucking sucks. 
    How much do the classes cost? 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Went to Denver for some work thing. Saw some good friends and family for the first time since the pandemmy started. Was a nice mental reset. I've been feeling burnt out like y'all but this weekend helped a lot. 
    SATAN said:
    How much do the classes cost? 

$80, but it’s a 40 hour online course. It’s annoying cuz the original contractor that was going to do the siding didn't give a fuck and was gonna just put the new siding over it…which is legal. He doesn’t like the type of siding we picked (and has been increasingly difficult), so he bailed. 
    And least after you take the class you have a new side gig if ya need it. 
    edited July 2021
    I did an hour of it yesterday. I hate online classes. It’s hard af to stay engaged. 

I’m about to start real estate classes as well
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    edited August 2021
    Had an appointment today about the cancer.

Need more tests including a PET scan to determine what stage I’m at and how many treatments I’ll need, but it’s already decided that they’re gonna treat me using ABVD chemotherapy. The hair loss aspect is making me sick to my stomach. My doctor said that it’s basically as good as guaranteed wit this specific kind of chemo. But then I read testimonials online and there’s definitely people that said they only had thinning instead of pure loss, and some that said they were lucky enough to have little to no loss at all. So it’s looking more like a 70-80% majority situation, rather than 100% chance that I’m fucked. But I’m not exactly on a lucky streak receiving a fucking cancer diagnosis at age 25. And you can also lose eyebrows and eyelashes so I have the potential of looking like a full blown creature. So this is fan fucking tastic.

I was the only young person in that entire waiting room. And I read today that people 25 and under make up LESS THAN only 1% of all cancer patients. It’s really setting in how bad life bent me over.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Im sorry man. I understand how much it sucks to think about losing your hair. It seems like such a little thing but it really hits you emotionally. 

Hoping for the best man. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Lmk when you're ready bro, me and MC who I decided I'm forcefully volunteering, will take you out for a drink. That shit sucks dude I'm sorry
    No pity parties here. Fuck your hair. More room for tats. 

The whole thing is shit news for you but ya gotta stay up and fight.