Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mental Health

Comments

• Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    edited July 2021
    =)) I only drink like that on camera or if I know I'm not responsible for driving anywhere. I'm just a normal alcoholic otherwise 
  • Options
    SATANSATAN Posts: 25,815 spicy boy
    I’m sorry Arlo

I feel like having common children is the only reason people stay together for more than a few years. So many things change over time that make long-term relationships difficult to maintain. Values change. Economic status. Obv sex appetite and compatibility. Sometimes the thrill of the unknown overcomes the need for security. I know if I didn’t have kids with my wife, we would’ve been over a decade ago. We just wouldn’t have had the anchor to force us to meet in the middle on things and work together. When my wife first found out she was pregnant with my son, I was about to drop her and her shit off at my mother in laws house and be done with her. We’ve split up three different times and ended up back together because having to share custody while trying to figure out solo living arrangements was so ridiculously difficult. It was legit just easier to stay together. It’s ended up working out in the long run, but there’s peaks and valleys. 

Things you’ve posted previously about stuff like couples counseling already gave me the idea you prolly wouldn’t last. It’s a valiant effort, and you should feel good about trying, but when you have to endure such lengths to keep the fire going without having kids or a mortgage together it’s prolly better to call it a day and move on. The seven year itch is a real thing. Be happy that the breakup isn’t acrimonious 

In a lot of ways, I envy you because you have the option now of moving on when you have financial security and you’re not too old to have a good go at the open market. Being a handsome dude with your shit together kinda sells itself.

My unsolicited advice (😆):

Look for a girl in her early twenties. Like 24ish. Someone that’s sick of boys and is ready for a man. That seems to be the sweet spot. Almost all of the healthy relationships I know of personally have a 6-8 year age difference with the guy being the elder. I hate to be judgmental, but when you get to women in their late twenties to early thirties you tend to have to deal with a lot of issues and stains leftover from previous relationships. The fact that you still get out and do shit and like to travel sets you apart from a lot of guys your age and will be really enticing for that age range. Remember that you’re going back out into the field with an entirely different set of tools than before. Especially after 8 1/2 years. Be assertive and see this as a beginning. 
  • Options
    ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    That's all so refreshing to hear, thanks for that. It's been almost a week now and I'm starting to get my bearings back a bit. What you're saying makes a ton of sense though. I'm more hopeful now than I have been, so here's to the next step. 
  • Options
    I know so many women that would kill to have a man like you. No homo 😄 I had a buddy at work last year that went through a similar breakup. His girl was obsessed with moving to Chicago and left to do that. He was all dejected over it. I went in his office one day when he was particularly down and had a chat with him. Reminded him he was head of marketing for several successful companies and drove a phat ass Mustang. Cheered him up. It wasn’t a month later, I went over to his apartment to smoke and he had 3 hot girls there playing Xbox with him. He’s been in playboy mode ever since. 

There’s a lot of ain’t-shit dudes out there nowadays; manchilds that wanna eat cheetoes and watch Netflix while their girls at work all day. Dudes with their shit together face a buyers market these days. I actually feel that way about every dude remaining on this forum. Every dude here seems to have a good heart and work ethic. Just gotta have confidence to put yourself out there
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    I was diagnosed with alopecia a few years ago. I see a dermatologist for it, and get steroid injections and get prescribed clobetasol ointment to help it. I cant really tell if its helping at all or not, but in some areas it's still getting worse. 

I dont really get it on my head, yet, but I get it bad on my beard. 

Its really stressing me out. I really try to take good care of my hair and beard, and this sucks so much. Knowing there's no cure and there's a good chance I'll eventually lose the majority of my facial hair sucks. 

I know it's just hair, but it's a big part of my style and vibe... 

This was from December

This is the same spot today

I have similar smaller patches on other places of my face, but that's the biggest one so far. 

Im doing like beard combovers to hide it lol
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    Thats too bad man. 

Give it some time though. Eventually you will be okay with it mentally. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    edited July 2021
    Go skullet. It's your destiny
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    You’re gonna have to lean into that shit and accept it bro. There isn’t anything else to be done about it. Take control of it now rather than dragging your feet about it in a losing battle. Find a new style and vibe. Grow some crazy chops or rock a goatee if you still can. Otherwise it’s time for face tattoos obviously. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    I agree with Jobe
  • Options
    Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    You’re gonna have to lean into that shit and accept it bro. There isn’t anything else to be done about it. Take control of it now rather than dragging your feet about it in a losing battle. Find a new style and vibe. Grow some crazy chops or rock a goatee if you still can. Otherwise it’s time for face tattoos obviously. 
    Time to go full snake person
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Am bald. 
    Didn’t want to be bald. 
    Nothing to be done about it. 
    Choices were
    >spend a bunch of money on shit that doesn’t work 
    >surgery
    >wig life
    >accept it and just move the fuck on with life. 

Out came the clippers. Took about 2 minutes to get used to. 

Some shit ya can fix, some you can’t. 
    Or like someone else posted, sometimes ya just gotta eat a little shit. 

🤷‍♂️
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    Yeah same boat. I started balding when i was like 23. It sucked.

I hated it so i just accepted it and moved on. 

And some how now chicks dig bald guys 🤷🏻‍♂️. Everything worked out
  • Options
    Im going to keep seeing my doctor for a while. Alopecia isnt just balding. Its an autoimmune disease where my body is targeting and attacking my hair folicals because it thinks they're a disease. 

I dont want it to get even worse. I see people who lose ALL their hair, including their eye lashes, because of alopecia. That sounds awful. 
  • Options
    Charlie Villanueva, a basketball player from the Dallas Mavericks, has it
  • Options
    Christopher Reeve does too
  • Options
    ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Christopher Reeve does too
    Did*