Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Lmk when you're ready bro, me and MC who I decided I'm forcefully volunteering, will take you out for a drink. That shit sucks dude I'm sorry
    Down
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    Fuck yeah. Also me and you should meet up soon we live like 40 mins from each other ffs lol let's go get lit and pick up some cougars 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Erik watch the movie 50/50
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Tell that cancer to suck your dick from the back. You got this bro. I know I talk a lot of shit but it's all love at the end of the day man. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Good to hear! Hopefully this check is nothing more than precautionary. Sounds like the doctor is pretty optimistic though cause they're usually straight forward about things. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Good to hear! Hopefully this check is nothing more than precautionary. Sounds like the doctor is pretty optimistic though cause they're usually straight forward about things. 
    Yea, the reason he was concerned is cause, on a PET scan, certain organs glow red/yellow at all times, like your heart, liver, etc. So the areas that show up red/yellow that normally AREN’T sposed to be like that, are cancerous. So the left side of my neck was a giant glowing blob on the scan, whereas the lymph nodes on the other side of my neck had no illumination whatsoever. So when he zoomed in he showed me that there’s some glowing on the tonsils that normally shouldn’t show up like that on a PET scan. But I guess it’s a different type of glow than the lymph node (Looked the same to me but what do I know. 🤷🏻‍♂️) so that’s why he’s not sure if it’s cancerous or not and needs a deeper look. He looked at my tonsils physically as well and said there’s no type of swelling or abnormalities so that’s at least a good sign.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Keep kicking it’s ass and then you’ll have your tragic backstory if you wanna go sing on AGT or some shit. I don’t watch the show much myself but it seems to be a requirement. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    My grandma got diagnosed with brain cancer. She had a growth on her brain earlier this year that caused a seizure. She had it removed and biopsied but they said it wasn't cancerous. But now it's grown again, and they had to perform brain surgery and did another biopsy and it IS cancer. 

She's currently at the hospital. She'll need to do physical therapy following the surgery, and she's having a hard time recalling some of her words, but other than that the surgery was successful. She'll still need to look into radiation treatment though. Apparently her case is weird because the doctors are using her for research too. She beat stomach cancer years ago, so we're still hopeful, but apparently this type of brain cancer is pretty serious. 

Not much word beyond that.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Damn I'm sorry to hear that man. That sounds a lot for one person to go through
    Got the verdict today, didn’t spread to the tonsils, so it’s jus the lump and I’m doing 2 months of chemo and a few weeks of radiotherapy afterwards. I start next Wednesday and on that schedule, my last session will be November 10th. He warned that there’s obviously always the chance that it’s not completely in remission and that chemo would need to be extended, but success rate is 80-90%. But obviously this is best case scenario and I’m beyond relieved I dodged the 6 month schedule.

Great news bud. 

Bummer to hear about Grandma MC though. 
    Waiting on results back but sounds like my girl has the same shit Erik has. Fuck. 
    When do results come back?
    She has an ultrasound tomorrow at 2. Results from that will be back either Friday or Monday. The other thing on the table is an autoimmune disorder which runs in her family, but the doctor said the blood work she got done last week is starting to rule that out.

A positive ultrasound will lead to a biopsy to 100% confirm, so we've got some steps to go but I'm preparing for the worst
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    mrAPE said:
    Erik watch the movie 50/50
    Great movie but goddamn that movie destroyed me after I watched it when my uncle passed from cancer that year it came out. Didn’t read anything on it and watched it and leaked like a bitch. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    Waiting on results back but sounds like my girl has the same shit Erik has. Fuck. 
     That fucking sucks sorry to hear that man
    Damn that’s rough.

Is she vaccinated? Not at all tryna run in circles and have this conversation again, but why I ask is, I recently learned both from my personal oncologist and from my own online medical research, that Hodgkin’s Lymphoma can actually be a very rapidly developing cancer. We’re talking weeks to months. Once I was aware of that, it brought the vaccine right to the front of my mind again and there’s not a day that goes by where I don’t think about it. My lump popped up literally a month after getting the vaccine, and knowing what I now know, that is NOT too short of a timeframe for me to have developed the cancer. Pile on top of that the fact that lymphoma is a cancer of the immune system, and any vaccine alters your immune system, and it’s especially not too far fetched. If you do some digging, you can find other firsthand reports of people reporting lymphoma diagnoses really soon after getting the vaccine. Seemingly only that type of cancer too. I haven’t found many other cancers being blamed on the the vaccine. Prolly because of how long the others take to develop. It wouldn’t be possible this soon along.

I don’t completely blame the vaccine, but I’ll never eliminate the possibility either, especially since I’ll never be able to trace the original cause. All I know is it’s a daily reoccurring thought that makes me sick when I think about it, and if I could go back in time to not get the vaccine and see if I still got the cancer, then I definitely would.
    My grandma got diagnosed with brain cancer. She had a growth on her brain earlier this year that caused a seizure. She had it removed and biopsied but they said it wasn't cancerous. But now it's grown again, and they had to perform brain surgery and did another biopsy and it IS cancer. 

She's currently at the hospital. She'll need to do physical therapy following the surgery, and she's having a hard time recalling some of her words, but other than that the surgery was successful. She'll still need to look into radiation treatment though. Apparently her case is weird because the doctors are using her for research too. She beat stomach cancer years ago, so we're still hopeful, but apparently this type of brain cancer is pretty serious. 

Not much word beyond that.
    I’m sorry bro. 🫂

Chemo isn’t on the table? She strictly needs brain surgery for it?