Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    She had the surgery, removal of the tumor was successful. She spent a couple days in the hospital and is now at a physical therapy center. She needs to reinforce things like walking, writing, and talking. 

She will eventually need radiation treatment. She also had seizures while in the hospital and is now on seizure medication. 

Next hurdle is overcoming some shitty doctors and nurses who cant even be assed to give her, her prescriptions on time. It got to the point she contracted a urinary tract infection because the dumbass nurses didnt follow up on a cathader removal. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Really sorry to hear that Jake. Hopefully you aren’t in limbo too long and get answers asap. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    It’s crazy how fast you can feel the chemo working. I had my first chemo yesterday and the lump in my neck already shrunk to about half the size. I also had 2 very small but tender lymph nodes on each side of my neck that started acting up, those are both gone and back to normal now. They told me bout how rapidly the lump would shrink, which came up cause I had asked if I would still need it surgically removed, but it’s definitely encouraging to see it in action.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Got results back, not cancer. They think it's an autoimmune disorder which does run in her family but is hard to diagnose so that's why cancer was what they were originally leaning toward.

Thats a whole other can of worms but it's the better of the two options for sure. 
    Damn that’s rough.

Is she vaccinated? Not at all tryna run in circles and have this conversation again, but why I ask is, I recently learned both from my personal oncologist and from my own online medical research, that Hodgkin’s Lymphoma can actually be a very rapidly developing cancer. We’re talking weeks to months. Once I was aware of that, it brought the vaccine right to the front of my mind again and there’s not a day that goes by where I don’t think about it. My lump popped up literally a month after getting the vaccine, and knowing what I now know, that is NOT too short of a timeframe for me to have developed the cancer. Pile on top of that the fact that lymphoma is a cancer of the immune system, and any vaccine alters your immune system, and it’s especially not too far fetched. If you do some digging, you can find other firsthand reports of people reporting lymphoma diagnoses really soon after getting the vaccine. Seemingly only that type of cancer too. I haven’t found many other cancers being blamed on the the vaccine. Prolly because of how long the others take to develop. It wouldn’t be possible this soon along.

I don’t completely blame the vaccine, but I’ll never eliminate the possibility either, especially since I’ll never be able to trace the original cause. All I know is it’s a daily reoccurring thought that makes me sick when I think about it, and if I could go back in time to not get the vaccine and see if I still got the cancer, then I definitely would.
    She does have the vaccine, but she's shown symptoms like that for the decade I've been with her. Always sick, gets tired real easy, lymp nodes swollen a lot, etc. We just always thought it was an auto immune disorder. Lymphoma has the same symptoms and can be slow growing so i thought we just fucked up and assumed wrong this whole time. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    Fuck yeah brother \m/
    How we all doing?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Good. Big changes coming 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Dime2 said:
    How we all doing?
    Good bro. How you holding up? 
    Tell her to come back here
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    You know, we never had this thread for George. We just made fun of him. 
    This place has gotten soft. 
    Dime2 said:
    How we all doing?
    Good bro. How you holding up? 
     Recent rough patch is got me pretty terrible right now but I'm powering through. All things considered, I've been pretty damn alright \m/
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Yesterday was a big day for me. I’m not celebrating it but I’m extremely relieved with how stressed I was going into it. 

I asked the wife for a divorce and will be moving out soon. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Damn man. I can only imagine how hard of a decision that has to be, especially with kids involved. 

Good on you for realizing you weren’t happy and taking the right steps. Hopefully its a smooth process for you guys.