Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mental Health

Comments

• Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    Thats pretty common i hear. 

She texted me and said shes doing good. Idk that they ultimately decided she had a stroke but her blood pressure went to like 236/something. 

• Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    Yeah that’s a lot lol. Lucky she didn’t blow a vessel somewhere. Hopefully they get it figured out and managed. The more good news floating around the better. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Yeah, ao i was able to talk to the GF this morning. 

They believe it was not a stroke, and her BP shot up because she has a bad back. Apparently pain can raise your blood pressure by a lot. 

So they are hoping to get that managed today so they can send her home soon. 

Very thankful for that 
  • Options
    2020 got me buying papers by the box. 

Had re-up already. That was almost 1,200 joints lol. 
  • Options
    Yeah we ran out last weekend and i told hamel not to come back without buying a box of papers instead of a pack lmao. 
  • Options
    2021 off with a bang. I’m really hoping things calm down when Trump is in the rear view mirror. Lots of angry, disenfranchised people out there right now though. 
  • Options
    This is a rough one. Basically reposting a tldr text version I sent someone earlier. It will have to do for now. 

Been working all the Saturdays. Finally get one off, take the wife for an overnight at a hotel on Lake Superior on Sat. Had freezing rain/snow all weekend. On the way there we drove past what we later found out was a search and rescue. Hundreds of vehicles all parked along side the road. Tons of cops.  Found the news later that day on fb. Autistic non verbal kid missing in the woods.  Passed the rescue area again on the way home Sun. At that time they were clearing people out of the woods. Planes and or dogs coming. Woke up Monday first thing I hear that day was he was still not found. Wife and I volunteered to help search Monday. Thought they needed people on atvs to help look. Get there and they are doing foot searches through very dense swampy forest bogs. Lots of confusion. Decided to help out with the foot search. Brought to the search area on a school bus. Other people  came in truckloads. 200~ people in a line 10 feet apart from each other through a densely wooded swamp. Took hours in the freezing rain/snow. That search experience is a whole story itself for another time. Was on the line search that found his body (not my part of the line)

Me and mine are ok but I'm just emotionally drained. 

Hug the ones you love. 
  • Options
    ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Damn..... That is rough. 

So someone near you found him? Just trying to understand what you mean by saying you were on the line that found him.
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    Yikes. I feel terrible for his parents. I can't imagine. 
  • Options
    GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Nice that you at least tried to help Jobe. Kids are precious. So sad for the family 
  • Options
    Damn..... That is rough. 

So someone near you found him? Just trying to understand what you mean by saying you were on the line that found him.

People off to the left of me further down the same line. Not sure how far down, but less than a hundred yards maybe. I didn’t see anything but the Sheriff called out “just so you know, the search has ended” I initially thought it was because it was starting to get dark, but when we started walking out we heard people saying that he had been found. After a long walk out of the woods 3 sheriff’s in trucks drove passed us as they were heading in. I looked each of them in the eye and nodded as they passed and that was tough. They gave the same nod back. It seemed like a lot of unspoken shit was communicated in that nod. We had just finished some grim business and they were thanking us, and now it was their turn and we were thanking them for what they had ahead of them. Everyone went back to the town hall for a post search briefing, but we didn’t stay for that. We hit the bathroom, grabbed a drink and dipped. 

Easily one of my most unique, interesting, sad and grim experiences. 
  • Options
    Gnomez said:
    Nice that you at least tried to help Jobe. Kids are precious. So sad for the family 

Driving past it and seeing all the cars there made it real. The details of the story made it hit even closer to home. Sitting home in my house shorts and slippers getting high and playing switch Monday morning just didn’t feel right. Almost didn’t go, but thought I was going for a side by side ride. That’s doable. A little tempted to bounce after learning no atvs at the town hall, but we went to go see where the search party was. Got dressed and tried to find everybody, didn’t see them, went back to the tow hall again. Frustrated with the lack of communication and organization already. Tempted to leave again, but wanted to do SOMETHING. Been there 2 hours at that point. Finally heard the first search party was coming back to the hall and the second going out soon. Sheriff gave a quick briefing... searching around a wooded lake, described a rough search area, again not sure if I want to go. He says 1/4 mile in, 1/4 out. We can do that easy. Got on the bus and lined up. Stood in the freezing rain for 45 minutes while everyone was organized and in place. Was actually 2 miles of the roughest wooded swamp terrain. Took hours. Some people on the line either got hurt or couldn’t finish cuz at one point we all had to wait for someone to come get that person. The conservation officers was kinda pissed and said if you can’t  make it then maybe you should have came, but he didn’t know how undersold we were on what else were about. 
  • Options
     Not sure when the other thread is getting nuked per request so...

bump / palate cleanser from above. 
  • Options
    So......

Only days after I posted about how great I was doing in Aug after my trip, I have a massive falling out with a long time friend of mine and major relationship problems that bring me and my gf to couples counseling. I'm now also going to individual counseling in addition to that so it's been a massive change to my life. I gotta say, I think COVID is honestly the main cause of all of this considering the relationship issues stem from me getting too close with this girl I know who is also a long time co worker of mine and partly due to a lack of interacting with any of my other friends. Anyways, yeah shit changes faster than you realize and now I'm seeing a damned shrink. 

That being said, I've now been reaching out to more people lately and it's been a positive influence for sure. Not to sound sappy but like, reach out to the friends that truly care for you cause I've been realizing how much I've been neglecting people like that in my life. It's been great knowing how many people I have around me that actually care, so while the situation itself is still delicate, I've been happy to get in touch with people I haven't in awhile due to my own neglect of our friendships, and I'm happier because of it. Anyways, that's my mental heath update. Shit sucks, but should get better. 
    Remember how you said "spill it Will" the other day? Here's the main culprit. Unfortunately things only got worse before they got better after this moment. I damn near lost my relationship with my gf of 8 years over this, which led me to start drinking excessively for awhile. 

Anyways, long story short, things are better than ever now. I've stopped drinking at home entirely and my relationship is as solid as ever. Couples counseling honestly did more good than I ever imagined it would. Sometimes cutting people out of your life is the best route. It's not easy but it was necessary.  
  • Options
    Glad to hear things are heading towards an upside. 

Big respect for putting in the work too. That shit ain’t easy either. 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    Happy to hear things are better man. Wish you the best
  • Options
    Thank y'all. But yeah things honestly couldn't be better now. The fall of 2020 will just be a bad memory at this point and a reminder for me not to slip back into that headspace. 
  • Options
    2020 was a real mother fucker. 
  • Options
    MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,633 master of ceremonies
    Break ups suck…goddamn this one hurts 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,410 spicy boy
    edited May 2021
    Love you bby. It'll be all good man. Lemme know if you need to vent