Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I want to open up a storage unit so people have to pay me to just park their shit there. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    edited December 2023
    mrAPE said:
    Quit trying to act like you aren’t scummy you know you don’t want people getting their money 
    Wrong. As an agent I'm a customer advocate. 

I do want my clients to get paid when they have claims. That's why I have needs based conversations and make sure they are covered correctly. 

If my clients don't get paid on claims, they leave lol. 

The license isn't easy, but i wouldn't say its crazy hard. 

I know a lot of people who studied for 6 months and then failed the test multiple times before passing. only about 50% pass the first try. 

IDK what its like in Illinois, but you can probably find a big office to work for and they will pay to get you licensed and then you can quit and find a better job after that. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    MC you can't tie your happiness to your career. I get wanting to find a better job that pays more for less hours. But if you landed a good paying desk job tomorrow you're not going to magically be happier. Focus on the things that DO make you happy. Your girl. Your friends. Your hobbies. Music. 

Again I'm not saying don't get a better job or whatever just don't expect it to fix all of your problems. When I started at the bank five years ago I thought all my problems were solved and after a year or two I was more unhappy then at any fast food or retail job I ever worked because I stopped focusing on what was important - friends, family, passions. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    When I think about what MC is going through, I think about 1 Corinthians 13:11:

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

I feel like this verse is a metaphor for the dying of your dreams, for better or worse
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    MC you can't tie your happiness to your career. I get wanting to find a better job that pays more for less hours. But if you landed a good paying desk job tomorrow you're not going to magically be happier. Focus on the things that DO make you happy. Your girl. Your friends. Your hobbies. Music. 

Again I'm not saying don't get a better job or whatever just don't expect it to fix all of your problems. When I started at the bank five years ago I thought all my problems were solved and after a year or two I was more unhappy then at any fast food or retail job I ever worked because I stopped focusing on what was important - friends, family, passions. 
    I know "the job" wont make me happier. But the better hours, more free time given for only needing to work one job, and the better financial security more income provides WILL make me happier. 

I failed to make music work for me. So I need to find something else. If Im going to hate the job anyways, I might as well make sure the other stuff Im awarded makes it worth it
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    SATAN said:

” When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

I feel like this verse is a metaphor for the dying of your dreams, for better or worse
    Words of wisdom right here. 

Maybe I need god in my life again
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    Lmao absolutely not.
    We been knew this but 

Mon-friday>>>>>

Holy shit I almost completely forgot MC used to be a Christbrah. 💀💀
    How could you forget?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

” When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”

Words of wisdom right here. 

Maybe I need god in my life again
    I mean…that would be funny 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    MC, you’re only gonna fail if you give up.  You can still do like a hundred things with music if you want. Your band broke up and it’s a sad thing but it’s not the end of the world. Most people don’t get to be in a band, most people don’t get to play shows, most people have never played out of state or opened for Max fucking Calvara. Be proud of the shit you did accomplish and stop moping about it. 

You could give lessons, join a church band, join a cover band, go volunteer at school and help a band class, start a Christmas music death metal project for the holidays, go play a fucking lute at a ren fair, go play some shanties at a bar as a one man project, make videos scoring twitch streams like Heafly did for Doom. You can go play butt rock at a VA hall, or start busking outside somewhere. Do an Only Episode collaboration and lay some riffs down. (How has that not happened yet?)

When you encounter some roadblocks in life, you gotta pivot in a new direction, not break down where you’re at and just give up. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Shout out to Andre 3000 and his flute album lol. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    The shanties at a bar lol. You’d be that one guy that made the night that one time to some drunk guys. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Jobe makes a great point. I'll never get to perform on stage outside of a fucking karaoke bar. I'd love to have that experience even if it's for 5 people. Try not to take that for granted. 

I happen to know a guy that has his shitty DJ music on Spotify, and his year end was significantly less viewership than your band, MC, but he posted on social media about how excited he was that he had any listeners at all. The guy works a normal 9-5 but finds happiness in his music even if he has like maybe 3 people that care about it. That will never go away for you, the only thing you probably can't do is live off it.