Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Mental Health

Comments

• Options
    FLATFLAT Posts: 60,595 spicy boy
    Everyone should. 
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    Been a minute 
  • Options
    Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,691 jayfacer
    I’ve had really long hair for a few years now and have had no trouble getting jobs but I always tie it up and trim/clean up my beard. Do you walk into interviews with the hair down?
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,559 spicy boy
    edited January 20
    Dime2 said:
    I’ve had really long hair for a few years now and have had no trouble getting jobs but I always tie it up and trim/clean up my beard. Do you walk into interviews with the hair down?
    No, I tie it up and dress nice. Are you applying for office jobs?
    I cant even get interviews. I've probably applied for over 50 different jobs at least in the last few months, and only got two interviews 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    This chick has you whipped she better at least swallow 
  • Options
    FLAT said:
    This chick has you whipped she better at least swallow 
    Has nothing to do with her though. 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    I cant even get interviews. I've probably applied for over 50 different jobs at least in the last few months, and only got two interviews 
     No, in fairness. There’s no office jobs around here that are gonna pay more than driving or warehouse work and, as much as I hate working in a warehouse at points, the office jobs are just not for me. 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
     No, in fairness. There’s no office jobs around here that are gonna pay more than driving or warehouse work and, as much as I hate working in a warehouse at points, the office jobs are just not for me. 
    Yea, I'm trying to actually use my degree and get a "business job" where I can make at least $60,000 a year. Unfortunately, a lot of these business people just see me as some loser music dude, even though I'm educated and qualified. 
  • Options
    That’s weird considering you’d have to show them that you have the degree (I’m assuming at least) before applying for a job that requires a degree. You looking like actually in the city or are you just reaching out to shit right around you?
  • Options
    I mean. He's not entirely wrong.

It's not really the beard, though I'd say to trim it to about 5-10 inches or whatever. It's probably mostly the ragity hair. 

Most places can handle one or the other in 2024. 
     I think it’s less about having long hair and more about just looking professional lol I don’t think any employer really gives a shit anymore. Comb it back, wash it, tie it up. Should be fine. If you show up looking like you just got out of bed and it’s frizzy and all over the place of course you’re gonna get looked down on 
  • Options
    EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,612 jayfacer
    A job that makes you sacrifice your personal identity and self expression is not a job worth having. Not to me at least. Shit like that is very important to me and I would never give it up, because I know even if I did, I would be miserable for every last second of it. And obviously I’m in an even more extreme case because of all the tattoos, especially face and head. I know exactly what that blocked me from and I do not give a fuck, it’s not shit that I would have been doing anyways.
  • Options
    Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    Yea, I'm trying to actually use my degree and get a "business job" where I can make at least $60,000 a year. Unfortunately, a lot of these business people just see me as some loser music dude, even though I'm educated and qualified. 
    No degree here, but imma make 60k flipping burgers this year. I'm almost as grungy as you cept no beard but I was able to get a job working @ Google in the kitchen back in 22 and so far it's been good to me.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,471 spicy boy
    I basically wear jeans and a sweatshirt every day and am bald and don't always shave my head. 

But I have a lot of experience. When I started in the biz I wore a fucking tie and shaved every day. It was gay as fuck. 

Offices have changed a lot over the last 10 years though. 
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    That’s weird considering you’d have to show them that you have the degree (I’m assuming at least) before applying for a job that requires a degree. You looking like actually in the city or are you just reaching out to shit right around you?
    Mainly suburbs right now
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,470 moneytalker
    It’s just a shit job market right now. Even normies can’t get interviews. Weird thing is every place in town is “hiring” except they’re not cuz they have the regular burnt out employees covering shit and management/corperate can save some salary money and flip it into their own bonus money for running a tight ship. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Dime2 said:
    Mainly suburbs right now
     Alternately, man the fuck up. I’m drunk but I don’t care. You think I ain’t got shit on my shoulders? You think everyone that posts here don’t got shit that beats em down? Man stop being  a fucking pussy. Stop crying like a little hoe. This “I give up” bitch shit is old nigga. Sack up. Fight for it. If you really think you’re gonna be happier cutting your hair and giving up your music and working an office job you’re delusional. For fucks sake take a stand for yourself 
  • Options
    I'm sick of working nights and weekends, and I'm sick of needing to work two jobs. Getting a better job, with more pay, and better hours is the only solution for that. I obviously know cutting my hair short isnt going to make me happy. But I want to be able to have the time and ability to care for my home and family. And getting a office job is what is going to make that happen. 

I agree, it's time to man up. And that looks like taking the necessary steps to grow up and get in a position to take care of my home and family. Music was the dream of a boy.  What I'm doing now IS manning up, and taking responsibility, and finally entering adulthood. 

But, I agree. Crying isnt productive. This is what it is, its time to stop complaining and move on. 

• Options
    >manning up
    >sonic on CRT
  • Options
    edited January 21
    Just ky that’ll solve it 
  • Options
    FLAT said: