Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    edited December 2023
    This year has completely broken me. Im fed up and hate both of my jobs. Im sick of working nights and weekend. Im sick of pulling 12 hour days. I dont want to do any audio engineering work anymore. Im completely done with playing music, I havent even looked at my guitars since I played my last show. And Im struggling to find new work. The job search is so soulcrushingly abysmally frustrating. Nobody ever gets back to me. I feel unqualified to every job Im looking at. I feel like I did myself a massive disservice staying at my current work for so long. 

I need to be making $55,000/60,000 a year to pay for my home and maintain a comfortable life, and I just dont have the opportunity. My options right now are keep slaving along with my current jobs, or take a massive paycut and find something entry level. 

My degree has done absolutely nothing for me. I have a Bachelor's degree in business and it's nothing more than a paper weight in my drawer. I legitimately regret ever going to college, and if I could do my life over, I would NEVER have gone to college. Biggest scam in human history. I should have gone to a trade school and got a certification. 

It fucking sucks, and I dont think I'll ever find a job I genuinely enjoy. I ONLY care about the paycheck at this point. It feels weird to completely give up on my hopes, dreams, and aspirations. But, that's what growing up is all about. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    Honestly, what it feels like is that I've completely wasted my life away. I wasted it working this dead end job that I no longer enjoy. I wasted it spending all the time and energy and money on a band that didnt go anywhere. Wasted my life pursuing music, and I dont even enjoy it anymore. 
    I've lived a pathetic waste of a life up to now.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    edited December 2023
    Fuck I figured that out years ago. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,597 spicy boy
    Honestly, what it feels like is that I've completely wasted my life away. 

Everyone feels this way at time. Sack up boi. There's like 30 more years of this if you're lucky. 
    In all seriousness though, a bachelor's is basically a BS degree lol. There tons of people with them. 

Could you maybe find some room to maybe take some night classes and further the degree you do have? 

All jokes aside, insurance is a job you can have you license in 6 months or so, and in a year you can probably make 60k. 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Fuck it MU Insurance Co
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    “We are Scum and we Know it but at least we own it”
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Drop some acid mc 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,720 jayfacer
    edited December 2023
    This year has completely broken me. Im fed up and hate both of my jobs. Im sick of working nights and weekend. Im sick of pulling 12 hour days. I dont want to do any audio engineering work anymore. Im completely done with playing music, I havent even looked at my guitars since I played my last show. And Im struggling to find new work. The job search is so soulcrushingly abysmally frustrating. Nobody ever gets back to me. I feel unqualified to every job Im looking at. I feel like I did myself a massive disservice staying at my current work for so long. 

I need to be making $55,000/60,000 a year to pay for my home and maintain a comfortable life, and I just dont have the opportunity. My options right now are keep slaving along with my current jobs, or take a massive paycut and find something entry level. 

My degree has done absolutely nothing for me. I have a Bachelor's degree in business and it's nothing more than a paper weight in my drawer. I legitimately regret ever going to college, and if I could do my life over, I would NEVER have gone to college. Biggest scam in human history. I should have gone to a trade school and got a certification. 

It fucking sucks, and I dont think I'll ever find a job I genuinely enjoy. I ONLY care about the paycheck at this point. It feels weird to completely give up on my hopes, dreams, and aspirations. But, that's what growing up is all about. 
    If it makes you feel any better, this recent job bullshit I been dealing wit myself has had every last one of these thoughts in my head, heavily. Hence why I mentioned that I’m most likely gonna dive all the way in and get my barber license (A trade) and never look back on this job search bullshit. That is a very well paying permanent career where you are your own boss and never have to put up wit garbage boss’s bullshit or live wit the fear of being fired or never advancing. Bitch I’ll give my damn SELF a raise. And that’s the type of field I need for sanity’s sake because this bullshit is dead and I’ll be damned if I’m spending the rest of my life doing this shit.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,793 jayfacer
    It’s just a commonality as the world’s changing right now, especially for people our age. Literally, you, Erik and myself have all gone through this job bullshit this year. Every single one of us. It’s a mix of age/area. It happens. Your attitude, I’m sorry to say, is doing you no favors. It’s okay to be upset, it’s okay to vent it out, hell for the last few months I’ve felt like I’ve been suffocating financially. But I get up everyday, go to both jobs that I hate and spend my free time looking to make things better. It’s an adjustment but you have to focus up. You have a breakdown and throw in the towel like every week. 
    Plus if it makes you feel better, I think Todd’s still unemployed
    Meanwhile you have those bastard 1%ers going to 50+ shows a year while the rest of us work OT for ten shows if we’re lucky smh 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    That’s what going to Rocket School will get you my guy. 
    Imagine if everyone could go to Rocket School. 

This ain’t the politics thread but this thread could be a sub thread of it. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    "KYS but make it look like an accident so you still get paid"
    Quit trying to act like you aren’t scummy you know you don’t want people getting their money 
    Dime2 said:
    Plus if it makes you feel better, I think Todd’s still unemployed
    Yeah so I don’t have to kill my self like you, Erik, and mc. I spent all summer making my own schedule and now I’m just living off my money. Almost like I ain’t going back to the same shit you guys are talking about. Keep hating everyday. 
    I ain’t going back to some job where the boss doesn’t give a fuck about me or the job. Pass.