Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    The whole system has been rigged against us and the politicians and corporations just keep squeezing every last penny they can from us. Not sure how much more they can squeeze from us before something breaks. All the taxes we pay and they do next to nothing for us. No healthcare, education, or opportunities. The elites wage war for resources and power and can’t do that if they don’t have a carrot to dangle in front of the poor. No job, no future? Join the military. Can’t afford education? Join the military, get free college. Free healthcare if you join the military. Free housing in the military. This mental health thread is the baby of the government fuckery thread. It’s just been bullshit after bullshit and where did it start? Most of todays modern conflicts trace back to the CIA fucking around all over the globe after JFK got a bullet in the head for not going along with the program. That program goes back to swinging nuclear dicks with Russia after we nuked Japan. ‘Merica had nukes so Russia had to have them. Japan just wanted some territory from China but were major dicks about it and teamed up with the Germans, who took a second shot at a global convict cuz they were still poor a generation later from the first global conflict that started in 1914 at some fucking sandwich shop. The boomers had a sweet deal for a minute because half the damn population died in a war so there was plenty for everyone left. Otherwise it been just greed, war and poor people suffering for 100 years. 

Mid-term Elections coming up again,then we start then next Presidential election cycle.  I’m sure that will help make everything calm and civil again. Finally. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I'm happy with how I'm doing $$$$ but I have no idea how the younger generations will ever be able to buy a house . Our daughter will be fine but only coz we have a house and holiday home which will be hers one day 
    *checks the ocean levels* 

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Yeah. I feel like i just dug myself out of poverty the last 10 years, and got a house and on my feet and finally was getting to where i could realistically do most of the things i want to do. Vacations and concerts and stuff. 

And the last 7 months just feels like im being pushed back through the gates and back into the bread line lol
    edited July 2022
    Luckily my work is paying me through the end of october, but man this is the first time ive had to look for a job since 2014.

im pretty happy that i did make myself do some interviews here and there just to stay fresh on that BS lol.

But yeah, first time since 2014. Fucking scared to start a new job, but also its exciting. 
    Life is a battle man. 

Im currently trying to set medical detox for my dad at the hospital and get him into a rehab placement facility. 

He admitted to me recently that he has been drinking about a 5th a day. I told him quitting cold turkey at this point could very well lead to death. So were going to try to do this. 

Im honestly over all of it. 35 years of bullshit. But if he actually wants to quit, ive gotta at least put the resources i can into getting him placed somewhere. 

Id be so happy for him if he was able to quit, but man it fucking sucks having parents so shitty you have to be the parent to your parent. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    That's insane, good lord. Hope it works out for him....or better yet, hope he actually puts in the effort. 
    Ive seen him try to quit before. I do believe he actually wants to. 
    Its difficult when you see someone desperate to stop something, but physically tied to the thing they want to quit. 

He tries to stop for a few hour and just gets insane shakes and sweats and feels horrible. At this point i feel like hes likely to have a seizure and not have complications. He actually broke down to me about it, which isn't very much like him. He feels desperate and the last 6 months of life to him haven't been the kindest to him. 

I don't know if I actually believe he will quit and stick to it, but when he broke down to me he basically told me he just didn't know what to do or where to turn and that he needed help. 

So im going to take it upon myself to try and help him. I don't have to do much other than set it up and drive him there lol. 

Good luck bro. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    That’s how much I was drinking daily if not more for prolly bout 2 years or so straight. I quit cold turkey. Granted I wasn’t drinking like that for as long of a span but I’m jus saying it can definitely be done without dying. Shit I didn’t even really have any withdrawal effects whatsoever which surprised me.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    You're also a lot younger
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    That’s how much I was drinking daily if not more for prolly bout 2 years or so straight. I quit cold turkey. Granted I wasn’t drinking like that for as long of a span but I’m jus saying it can definitely be done without dying. Shit I didn’t even really have any withdrawal effects whatsoever which surprised me.

yeah its a lot different. You can do that in your 20's and get away with it. as you get older and never give your body a break, it really makes you physically dependent. Body shakes. Sweats, seizures. all of these. 

I get where you are coming from with your experience. But if you see any bad alcoholic in their 50's this is usually how it rolls. 

Its horrible honestly. hes on day 2 right now though. hoping he doesn't die. I told him to go to the hospital lol.  
    Mental Health in this country is a joke lol. 

My doctor suggested based on some symptoms i have to go get ADD testing. She gave me a list of 5 places, and all of them are backed up until spring lol. 
    Life is so hard man. 

Every once in a while, i am reminded that my life isn't so bad. 

The night Amanda and I had our first date, there was a double murder/suicide in the parking lot of the place we were at. (its a large downtown area. we weren't particularly close, but it was in the area). 

Anyways, the man who commited the murders was an estranged husband of a relatives friend. His wife was in the process of a divorce and was with her friend (a male) when this happened. 

He walked up to the car and shot him. 

Anyways, they had 2 kids together. One was 9 at the time. We heard on the news of a 14 year old commiting suicide the other day on the news, and i just got it confirmed that it was their child. 

Breaks my heart man. Little kid had no chance at life. 

• ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Good god that's unimaginably awful
    Man. I saw something this morning at the gas station that wasn't even a big thing but it's been fucking with me all day. 

I go to the wesco gas station before work pretty much every day. This morning at 7 am there was this giant dude there who was carrying around 2 big bottles of liquor. 

Looked like he was just out of work all night or something.  Well right after I noticed him I noticed what must have been his 8-10 year old daughter and i noticed she seemed embarrassed that her dad was buying that much alcohol. 

Man it just made me so fucking sad for her. I wanted to just pick her up out of that situation and give her a life without all that bullshit, because I would have given anything to have not been brought up around drugs and alcohol my whole life. 

I got lucky. I don't really have an addictive personality with drugs. I'm fat so I probably do have the addiction gene or whatever, but I mostly feel like I was able to get out of that trap lifestyle. Most of my family I do know is fucking worthless lol. Like 1/2 of my family are lazy pieces of shits that don't work. None of them have done anything with their lives. 

I've pretty much spent the last 5-6 years not seeing or talking to them because I decided I needed to surround my life with positive and successful people lol. 

It just sucks to have shitty parents and I feel so bad for kids that do. It was weird. Like when I saw that look on her face it was almost like I saw my childhood self in replace of her. 

Fucked me up a bit. Hopefully I never see them again and it's not a regular thing. 

Can’t save em all Rex, but help the ones you can. Give you kids a hug and tell em you love them. Help out a niece or nephew or little cousin when and if you can. Or a few of the stray kids around the neighborhood. It’s all you can do. 
    Yeah. That's definitely how I do it. 

Like my GF said. There's still hope for her. Woman have less of a chance to have that alocholic gene lol
    I'm pretty desensitized to the evils of this world at this point, but kids are so vulnerable that they get me every time.