Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I got Covid. Means I'm missing a con this weekend. I'm missing my brother visiting next week. I'm missing Christmas next week. 

Couldn't have hit at a worse time. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    You might test negative in a few days
    I have a test Friday, and a test Tuesday. Hoping for the best
    Last friday i had to attend a funeral of a 7 year old little boy, and i really really hope i never have to do that again. 

The boy who died had a medical condition, and my GF’s first nursing job was at home health care for him. Over the 2 years my GF worked for them, we all became friends. They would ask us to bring our kids over so that their boy could have friends to play with, as he was always hooked up to some kind of medical equipment. And it helped our kids not be scared of people with that lind of stuff. 

Anyways, it was rough. The tiny casket. It was open part of the time, and the poor little guy was grey. My GF told me they call it cardiac grey. Basically when your heart fails You, your skin will turn a grey color. 

It was a tough experience, but i wanted to show support for them, as they are some of the kindest people i have ever met. 

What really stuck me was the look on the fathers face at the end when he had to help push the casket out of the main room. It was just a look of pain. I just can not get that memory out of my head. I legit feel like it might stick with me the rest of my life.

no one should have to go through something like that. I really hope they get through it okay. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    I guess I have a tough time understanding the benefit of open caskets. Is there a known reason why it's done other than 'cause tradition'?
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    edited December 2021
    I'm not trying to one-up or compare at all, but in 8th grade a classmate of mine died and I went to the funeral, open casket and all. He looked horrible, and that image is more clear to me now than the image I had of him when he was alive. I don't understand the point of it. 

But I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that, Rex. That's absolutely terrible, I feel awful for the family. 
    Yeah im not sure why either. They actually closed the casket during the funeral, but had it open in the viewing area when we got there. 

But yeah, i get what you are saying about remembering your friend that way, and not the way you remember him in life.

Yeah, i only met him probably 5-6 times, so im not like grieving, but i just feel awful for the family because they really are the nicest people. My GF worked for them for 2 years, and we did regularly check in on his health. He probably lived longer than any kid has with his condition, but that doesn’t make it any easier on the parents. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Body viewings are supposed to give closure when possible. You see them, you know for sure, you can say goodbye. 

We might have lost my brother in law and his young family. Not sure yet. 

My brother in law has been in the Philippines since right before Covid lockdowns started. Some of you have been following along with his adventures of FB. He went on vacation there a year prior and met a girl. When he went back, it was supposed to be another 3 week trip, but with all the lockdowns and travel restrictions he’s been there for almost 2 years now. He got married and they had a baby. 4-5 days ago the island was hit by a super typhoon and we haven’t heard from them since. He sent the wife and kid to an area further inland that was supposed to be safer than where they were at, but he stayed behind at the place they were staying at because their friends didn’t have anywhere else to go. They were expecting a category 2 storm with a water surge about waist high so his plan was to go to the second story of their building and ride out the storm with a bottle of booze, but the storm quickly upgraded to a category 5 super typhoon.  Very little news being reported on it and the information coming out is slow as shit. There’s no real way to communicate yet, sounds like there are only 2 satellite phones in the evacuation centers so it’s not like anyone there can just pop on fb and give us an update.  Sounds like his place might not even be there anymore although nothing is confirmed. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Hoping for the best
    Thats wild. Hope hes okay. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    That's insane man hope you hear something soon
    Thank God they're safe man
    The guy in the office across the hall from me is the family member that started my company. His two sons own it now, but ive worked across the hall from him for almost 8 years.

He’s 83 and had a stroke on Sunday. He started to not do so well today. Its not a shocker. Even he says almost daily that he could be gone tomorrow. 

Just sucks when reality hits you. Days of seeing him the pffice are probably over, but hopefully he can make a recovery and have a few years left. I have a feeling he might not be around much longer though. :-<
    So my boss and his brother each own like 40% of the company a piece currently. They bought their dad out about a year ago, hut i dont think they got quite 50% a piece

anyways, my boss’s brother Bill has been talking about wanting to sell the book, and then still manage or something. Idk really, i just know that all together it’s probably worth 5 million or so. So his portion is around 2 million. 

It has been a serious power struggle between the two of them since their dad was bought out. Now that their dad is in the hospital, Bill wants to sell right now, and My boss told him that he would revisit it in 365 days and that his focus is on his dad and his family right now. 

My boss knows it would crush his dad to sell. Its a company that he built off of his family name through 50 years of hard work. For some reason Bill hares their dad, even though they seemed to have a good childhood. 

So anyways, my boss told me that if he leaves, which is probably going to happen, we will probably just cut the cost of the office and work out of our basements for the next year doing just personal lines. He said once we get through getting his dad better, or his dad passing business will probably be better than ever just off of his dads reputation alone and all the people in our area that like him. 

Long story short, working for a family owned business has its perks, but man can it be uncomfortable and stressful at times. I get to do a lot of stuff I wouldn’t get to do elsewhere like show up late and stuff though so it’s cool. 

Hopefully be working from home full time soon though. Hype about that. 

Anyways i went back to check on people in their offices yesterday to see how they were doing. We only have like 9 people so its a small office. Everyone was drinking alone in their office so thats where moral is at =)). 
    Bit of an update…it turns out my boss was recently put on a medication by his doctor that combined with everything may have put him into a psychotic episode. Dude stopped his car on a busy street and got out and started asking people for hugs. Lol. The police had to taze him to get him
    under control. 

Between his dad having a stroke, and the pressure from his brother. It was too much. 

So hes been checked into the hospital until they can get him into pine rest or something to be evaluated by a mental health professional.

Anyways, i spoke to him this morning, and it just broke my heart man. Ive always heard from people “i had a friend that went crazy once” but outside of my grandpas manic episodes growing up, ive never had a friend just lose it. 

Its really sad because i can hear the person i know fighting, and making sense, but then he will say something about a ninja or a little red head running around the office. I just basically talked to him for a while, and let him know i got the office under control. Tried to ease his mind about the professional worries.

everything is basically a soap Oprah at my work right now. Family members lying to each other. And they are all using me as their psychologist lol. 

edited January 2022
    Start charging em
    Post edited by Dime2 on
    Soap Oprah
    =))))))

gotta love MU