Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    edited February 2022
    Noticed today when I run my fingers thru my hair that I can feel an entire layer of short hair underneath the long hair that didn’t fall out during chemo. Might seem minor to somebody that hasn’t been thru it, but that shit brought a tear to my eye immediately. The balding and hair loss made me extremely self conscious more than anything and was the one thing that made me look and feel sick throughout the whole process. And for about 2-3 months afterwards, it wasn’t even starting to grow back in whatsoever. Was starting to worry that I’m one of the rare few that never regrows any of it. Mind you, I been taking Rogaine and collagen (Improves hair, skin, and nail health.) this entire time on top of everything. 

So the fact that it’s finally back on track and on a normal pace was an overwhelming feeling. That physical reminder that I’m getting back to normal health and all of this bullshit is behind me and was nothing but some extra hospital visits. It’s an amazing feeling it really is.

Also, the left side of my face currently won’t grow any facial hair whatsoever. The lump was in the left side of my neck, so the radiation after the chemo was aimed specifically at the same area. Radiation causes temporary hair loss jus like chemo, but only in the area that it’s aimed at. I normally do a full beard, but was forced to do a clean shaven goatee cause of the hair loss. This was a lot more emotionally and mentally manageable than the head hair loss tho because in this case it only looks like I decided to switch it up, instead of losing it and looking sick.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Have you seen any dermatologists about the hair growth? or are you just waiting and letting it do it's thing?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Have you seen any dermatologists about the hair growth? or are you just waiting and letting it do it's thing?
    I never saw anybody specifically about the hair loss. I did ask my oncologist pretty much every time I saw him lol, but it was always the same “Give it time, you should start seeing growth in X amount of months, don’t worry unless it’s X amount of time without any growth.”. So they told me up to 6 months before it even STARTS growing back in. Because some start to grow within 1-2 months, but they didn’t want to tell me that and get my hopes up. So in my case, it took about half that and took a full almost 3 months to even start growing back in, but my hair on a normal basis grows pretty quick, so now that it started, it’s filling in quickly for the most part.
    Keep in mind tho that my situation is entirely different from yours. I had alopecia caused specifically by chemo. Whereas yours is alopecia by itself. So it’s an entirely different diagnosis and treatment and my situation is it’s own separate thing and prolly won’t be much help. But I do understand asking questions because either way it’s not like it’s a common thing that you can ask any and everybody about that can relate.
    edited February 2022
    I know. My mom actually had hair loss cause by using the product Wen. She lost like 60%-ish of her hair. There was a class action lawsuit and everything. She went to a dermatologist and got some stuff to help with it. It took about 8 months but her hair started to come back, and now it doesn't look like she ever lost any hair at all. 

I know Wen also isn't chemo, but it's worth looking into if you're concerned. But hopefully it just comes back on its own. But yea, expect to have to wait 6-8 months before any real results. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Man im a week away from having a bunch of time off work, but i am so fucking unmotivated. 

Feels like the last 2 years ive been locked in my house or at the office doing boring ass work. Need that toolscapade so bad. 
    I've been struggling quite a bit lately. 

Been looking for a new job. I love my job, but I need one that pays better. I want to move out, start my adult life. Nobody will fucking hire me. I've applied for probably close to 30 jobs, and nobody wants me. I'm even starting to look outside of music, which is soul crushing, but I need money. I feel like I failed to achieve my dreams, and Im ready to just give up and coast through adult life. 
    So we ready for WWIII? 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Yeah. 

Good luck city dweller. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Its so fucked. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Think of the memes. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    US should learn to mind it’s fucking business. Let them mfs blow eachother off the map. Has nothing to do wit us and WW3 shouldn’t even be in the conversation over it.
    edited March 2022
    Now jus waiting for my beard to start growing back in lmao. My head hair is growing back fast but no growth on my face yet.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Goddamn yall a bunch of faggots with yalls problems and shit. I love yall *hugs* 

Bogus. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    My depression is off the fucking charts. 

I cant find a new job. My parents are on my ass about moving out. I cant afford to move out on my own. Nobody will even offer me an interview. Im even trying headhunters and recruiters, and it's been radio silence. 

I feel like a fucking failure about every aspect of my life.