Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mental Health

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Alopecia can suck my dick
    Felt this. Ended up losing enough from chemo that it’s hat season permanently now until it grows back. Big ass bald spot in the back and I was able to comb over it before but now it’s jus too thin all over so combing it in any direction jus causes bald spots elsewhere. I’m about to cop some Rogaine and hopefully it speeds up the regrowth. I kept enough hair that once I grow back at least an inch or so underneath, it’ll cover the bald spots. That’s why I decided not to buzz the rest off.
    I use rogaine daily. I also have some other things. There's a really good hair doctor I see Glenview if you're interested
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    My grandma died today
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    Damn dude... That's awful. Sorry to hear it, hope you're holding up alright.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Who's that?
    Lol it's an autoimmune disease I have. Basically it attacks my hair follicles, and leaves bald patches. I get it bad in my beard. No serious health threats, but it's hell on my mental health, as someone who enjoys having a beard and long hair. 
     Oh shit right I remember you talking about it sorry my dude 
    My grandma died today
    :( my condolences bro
    Drunk and sad kind of night
    Tried playing guitar. Burst out crying. 

My grandma asked me for years to learn and play her "happy birthday". I never did it. "Didnt have my guitar with me" "too busy to record it". I kept thinking "there's always next year". Now I'll never be able to
    You still can. She'll hear it. I know its easier said than done but there's no point crying yourself to sleep over shit you wanted to do with/for her that you never got to do. I learned that lesson over and over this year with my ex and my aunt. We as a society don't forward think like that. We kind of view everyone around us as just being here or in our circle forever even though we obviously know everyone of us has an expiration date. Pondering over what could have been done is just gonns poison your mind and add extra time to the grieving process. Celebrate what you did get to do bro and the memories you did make. If you need anything don't hesitate to reach out. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy

Try not to be hard on yourself. Just give yourself time. 
    Job searching is the worst shit ever
    edited December 2021
    I think Ive hit that point where I need to start differentiating between "possible careers" and "hobbies" 

Im wasting my time doing so much shit that doesnt matter. Ive diversified what I do so much that I dont feel proficient in any of it. I feel like Ive wasted my time learning skills that arent helping me succeed in life. And I feel like Ive spent so long striving for my dreams and goals, that Ive been unable to reach for any real life opportunity. 

And I think I need to really narrow down what I want to do with my life. I think Im done with Youtube. I think Im done with the music industry even. Hell, I even think I'm done with recording and my band to a degree. None of that shit is going anywhere. None of that shit is successful. None of that shit has any long term future. Hobbies, nothing more. And so my time spent on them, is going to significantly decrease. 

Im going to search for a normal business job that can pay my bills. Probably get a second job at like Target or something to supplement, and live just working paycheck to paycheck. Dreams and aspirations dont mean shit. I feel like I just wasted the last 10 years of my life and have nothing to show for it.
    It doesnt pay the bills though, and there's no potential for growth or promotion. At some point I just have to grow up. And right now that means working for a paycheck, not passion. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Fair call. But dont throw it all away. Keep your toe in the water so to speak and keep your contacts in the industry. Keep doing what music related things you can do in your spare time so it doesnt feel like your entire life has become a boring 9-5 cycle..another/better opportunity might come up in the music industry in a year that you fall into and love 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    It doesnt pay the bills though, and there's no potential for growth or promotion. At some point I just have to grow up. And right now that means working for a paycheck, not passion. 
    Have you tried any other companies that could provide growth or potential? 

Have you tried any other companies that could provide growth or potential? 

There's nothing in Illinois. And I'm not quite ready to move out of state yet. We'll see how I feel in a few months or a year or so. 
    Now that I've spent a day working on my resume and shit. 

I'm not going to completely give up on this. I'm going to expand my career options to doing something else for a while, until I can find a job in music or entertainment that can financially support me. But I cant just give up on it. And I won't just give up on it. 

I'm just extremely stressed right now. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I think there is a happy medium man. You can get a day job and still work on your band or other projects. It's not one or the other. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Take a break and reassess the situation. Not every hobby needs to be a side stream of income or some big successful thing. Keep some shit just for fun. Don’t make everything another job. Hard enough to launch one project, let alone several projects, especially when while you alone spin all the plates. You don’t just play guitar in a band. You sing, play, write, record, mix, and more. Plus you have to play all the games for all of the hours, record videos for those, then do more editing. Plus conventions so add trying to pro level cosplay. Jack of all trades, master of none. Perhaps narrow your focus for awhile. 

You’re definitely not gonna be any happier at Target. 
    Pass the god damn butter.