Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,707 spicy boy
    MC gate keeping again. 

You don’t like what they do so you assuming people making a thing don’t care about it. 

Only you do. 
    I dont see how critique of quality is gatekeeping

Everyone is able and open to like everything. But things shouldnt dumb themselves down to try and appease the masses at the cost of the original fandom. 

Also, books and stories have been pushing social issues for thousands of years now. It’s not exactly a new phenomenon. 
    Yea, but the story came first. Not the social issue. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    You’re going off the assumption that the people who invest weeks, months, and years into their projects “don’t  really care about the properties and are just trying to make quick money without putting in a lot of effort.” 

You literally think you care more about the product than the people who made it.

🤡
    Pass the god damn butter.
    This isnt even about Star Wars anymore, so Im just going to say this and drop it. I honestly should make my own thread to discuss these types of things.

But, Doom is kind of the perfect example for the inverse of what I am talking about. Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal are made by fans of the original Doom games, for fans of the original Doom games. They didnt try to change the formula. Didnt try to adapt to modern shooter trends, or cinematic story based game trends, or make an easy accessible game that anyone could play. 

They made a fast paced, old school, mechanics heavy, difficult shooter experience. Sure Doom Eternal got good reviews. But it didnt win GOTY. It didnt sell millions of copies. It didnt appeal to most gamers. But for Doom fans, its exactly what we wanted. And I love Id for that. 
    You’re going off the assumption that the people who invest weeks, months, and years into their projects “don’t  really care about the properties and are just trying to make quick money without putting in a lot of effort.” 

You literally think you care more about the product than the people who made it.

🤡
    Do you honestly think the writing staff of Game Of Thrones cared, and gave their best effort to write a fitting and satisfying conclusion for the final season? Do you think their writing was up to snuff to sit comfortably next to GRR Martin's backbone for the series? 
    Doom is the perfect example. You claim it’s your favorite game yet your biggest video ever was about what a broken piece of shit it was. 

Prove me wrong. 
    edited January 2021
    Doom is the perfect example. You claim it’s your favorite game yet your biggest video ever was about what a broken piece of shit it was. 

Prove me wrong. 
    I made a new thread so I don't keep annoying people trying to enjoy and discuss Star Wars. 
    Finally got some elbow room up in here. 
    Making of Mando Season 2 was a great watch. 
    Lucas Film Games formed. Taking rights to Star Wars games back. Looks like the end of EA exclusivity!!!! YESSSSS
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    THANK. FUCKING. GOD. 

Fuck EA. 6 years and all we got was 2 shitty battlefront games, a mediocre squadrons game, and Fallen Order which was buggy as fuck. 
    Despite the bugs though, Im actually really liking Fallen Order. Im terrible at it - its not really "my kind of game", but the saber combat is really satisfying, and the story is really good. 

The bugs are AWFUL though, I agree. T Posing enemies in every room lmaooo
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    THANK. FUCKING. GOD. 

Fuck EA. 6 years and all we got was 2 shitty battlefront games, a mediocre squadrons game, and Fallen Order which was buggy as fuck. 
    Hit agree but BF2 is actually good now. It sucked at launch but they added shit and dropped most of the shitty microtransactions
    Despite the bugs though, Im actually really liking Fallen Order. Im terrible at it - its not really "my kind of game", but the saber combat is really satisfying, and the story is really good. 

The bugs are AWFUL though, I agree. T Posing enemies in every room lmaooo
    I enjoyed what I played of it, only got to Kashyyyk. Been meaning to jump back in but I feel like I'd be rusty af for where I am in the game
    Xeno said:
    THANK. FUCKING. GOD. 

Hit agree but BF2 is actually good now. It sucked at launch but they added shit and dropped most of the shitty microtransactions
    did they add any classic game modes back in yet?
    I think you can play old style modes in custom games? Not sure I haven't explored it too much. I personally love the multi-stage attack/defend mode they took from Battlefield. I know there isn't Galactic Conquest but I never played that in the original BF2 either
    there are some balancing issues though

Xeno said:
    I think you can play old style modes in custom games? Not sure I haven't explored it too much. I personally love the multi-stage attack/defend mode they took from Battlefield. I know there isn't Galactic Conquest but I never played that in the original BF2 either
    I'll give it a shot when it comes to PC game pass later this year

Still play classic Battlefront 1 and 2 all the time. BF2 Classic with mods is a game changer. 
    You bang out that first Thrawn book yet MC?
    You bang out that first Thrawn book yet MC?
    I am currently half way. Been listening primarily on my way to/from work

Been playing a lot of Jedi Fallen Order though. Im close to finishing that. I actually really like the story in this. It's buggy and I'm still iffy on the Souls-like mechanics, but the Star Wars-ness is great. 
    I just got that game as well, but not very far into yet. Seems ok but clunky and a bit frustrating. Combat is very similar to Ghost of Tsushima though so I didn’t have much trouble adapting to that part. You go so far back when you die uggh lol.