Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Have you uh....seen it yet.
    Ive seen 3 outta 5 movies sooo yea
    Bro you're literally talking about the movie like you've seen it. I didn't like it but at least I went and saw it lmao. I get that you don't want to waste your time seeing shit you're not interested in, I don't blame you. But if you didn't try and base your personality around being some sort of media critic you wouldn't be talking out of your ass about things you haven't seen
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited December 2019
    Xeno said:
    Have you uh....seen it yet.
    Ive seen 3 outta 5 movies sooo yea
    Bro you're literally talking about the movie like you've seen it. I didn't like it but at least I went and saw it lmao. I get that you don't want to waste your time seeing shit you're not interested in, I don't blame you. But if you didn't try and base your personality around being some sort of media critic you wouldn't be talking out of your ass about things you haven't seen
    Im going to see it. I just havent had the time yet. Im busy. 

Doesnt change that my opinions on Rogue One, or episodes 7 and 8, which all three were dog shite. Im talking about Disney's writing in general, which has been horrible. This is the 5th movie they're doing, and last part of a trilogy. The writing style isnt suddenly going to change. Infinitely worse then even George's worst dialogue decisions. I have less than 0 hope in episode 9, especially having read the leaks and watched a plethora of reviews for it. But you cant seriously tell me any of the other Disney movies had anything more than 13 year old fan fiction levels of writing with a straight face. And if you think any of the Disney movies have been better than the original 6, prequels included, then its something we'll never agree on. Im sorry. 

StarWars is still this special cultural phenomenon. It stirs something within people, and every time theres a new movie, people get hyped, myself included. Ive been binging Dark Forces, playing Battlefront again, and obsessing over Legends lore videos. But every time Ive gone to see one of Disney's films Ive just been left disappointed, empty, and admitedly upset over what they've done with the franchise. 

I think its a testament to StarWars that people are so passionate on both sides of the argument. 

Im sorry Im salty about this movie yet again not living up to the name, but thats how it is. Its really shitty. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Star Wars has never "lived up to its name." And it never will especially with people like you. There's always something to complain about and hate on. SW fanboys are the worst imo. 
    imageimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Only thing MC’s opinions are good for is lols. 

Pass the god damn butter.
    You guys just accept and like garbage. Thats all there is to it. 

Consume product. Get excited for next product. Dont think about product. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    Didn’t you unironically like Sharknado?
    Bitch you like Birdemic and a bunch of other garbage way worse than the Sequel trilogy. You're just a hipster about the shit you like. You were excited for the Mandalorian until baby Yoda took over the internet and then suddenly it was "fuck Disney" 
    Theres a big difference between a B-Movie and a fucking big budget blockbuster sequel to the biggest franchise of all time.  They have different appeal. I dont like Birdemic because its a cinematic masterpiece with an amazing narrative. I like it because its a funny and quirky piece of shit movie. Apples to oranges. 

StarWars was, imo, on par with Lord of the Rings for one of the if not THE best fantasy stories ever told. The original trilogy are near perfect in my eyes. And even though the prequel trilogy have their faults, they tell a coherent, and complete story with likeable fleshed out and thought out characters. I dont agree with every decision on those either, but at least it doesnt feel like Im watching bad fanfiction. The only arguments I see FOR the sequel trilogy is "well its more StarWars", but I dont know anybody actually invested in the stories they have told or the characters involved. They've created an air of total apathy towards the franchise. 

Also, for the record, I dont really talk shit about the Mandalorean aside from baby Yoda (fuck baby Yoda). It looks ok. Much better than the second Clone Wars show or Rebels at least. I still kinda wanna watch it eventually, I just dont have time to. I can barely keep up with the anime Im trying to watch, and that has priority right now. 
    Not just bitching for a moment, discuss with me. What exactly do you see in these movies? What is appealing about any of the Disney films? 

Is it literally just "Its more StarWars, I like the pew pew, and never really thought of it as anything more than a dorky fun thing"

Or do you legitimately like the story, the characters, the overarching plot, the tech, the world, etc? If its that, please explain it to me. Because I must be missing something then.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    The visuals are better 
    the budget and Disney’s size allows them to build the massive scenes and cities the way they want to and are meant to. 
    They do a good job of matching the nostalgia with the modern to where fans from early on and kids now can both enjoy it. 

This is just some of it.

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    This thread is slowly turning into the McFuck thread where something new is discussed for a page and then we re hash the same shit for the next five. 
    Dime2 said:
    This thread is slowly turning into the McFuck thread where something new is discussed for a page and then we re hash the same shit for the next five. 
    I just dont understand why my opinion is so controversial. You didnt like it either. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    JJ did all he could after Rian Johnson fucked up the last one. Skywalker was entertaining though

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Not just bitching for a moment, discuss with me. What exactly do you see in these movies? What is appealing about any of the Disney films? 

Is it literally just "Its more StarWars, I like the pew pew, and never really thought of it as anything more than a dorky fun thing"

Or do you legitimately like the story, the characters, the overarching plot, the tech, the world, etc? If its that, please explain it to me. Because I must be missing something then.
    All bullshit aside i found the prequels to be a 5 or 6 out of 10. But i found enjoyable moments in them, like the Red Room fight, Yoda teaching Luke one last time on the island, the Emporer showing his full strength in TROS, Kylo stopping a laser blast in midair, etc. But you're right that the story is muddled and the characters are hollow. 

But the thing is that the Star Wars movies have always been kind of hollow aside from a few strong performances (Ewan Mcgregor, Mark Hamill, etc and now Adam Driver)

While I do like the over arching story and characters and think it is a good story, a lot of it is hokey bullshit and is just are just popcorn flicks basically. I think its funny that you shit on Filoni's clone wars because from what I've watched so far it has done a lot to add to the lore and created some awesome stories and really intense character moments for the clones, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, and Anakin. Tbh it redeems prequel Anakin and actually makes him a likeable character instead of a whiny brat. 

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    edited December 2019
    Dime2 said:
    I just dont understand why my opinion is so controversial. You didnt like it either. 
     Only key difference I can spot so far is that I saw the movie 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Deep down MC knows that sharing opinions on things he hasn't seen is worthless, but it gets him too much attention to give up
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
     Only key difference I can spot so far is that I saw the movie 
    Im going to see it. Most of my critiques come from the other three I have seen. From reviews it doesnt look like they fixed my complaints. 

All bullshit aside i found the prequels to be a 5 or 6 out of 10. But i found enjoyable moments in them, like the Red Room fight, Yoda teaching Luke one last time on the island, the Emporer showing his full strength in TROS, Kylo stopping a laser blast in midair, etc. But you're right that the story is muddled and the characters are hollow. 

But the thing is that the Star Wars movies have always been kind of hollow aside from a few strong performances (Ewan Mcgregor, Mark Hamill, etc and now Adam Driver)

While I do like the over arching story and characters and think it is a good story, a lot of it is hokey bullshit and is just are just popcorn flicks basically. I think its funny that you shit on Filoni's clone wars because from what I've watched so far it has done a lot to add to the lore and created some awesome stories and really intense character moments for the clones, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, and Anakin. Tbh it redeems prequel Anakin and actually makes him a likeable character instead of a whiny brat. 

My problem with Filoni's Clone Wars is that Tartakovsky's was a lot better, and that Filoni made Grevious a giant loser joke character, and also brought Maul back in thr dumbest way possible. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    But Maul's arc is actually sick in the show, plus the characterization of the clones and displaying the moral grey area of using the clones, the clones struggling with their identity, the lead up to order 66, Anakin becoming a likeable character, and Ahsoka's character in general is more than enough to keep watching the show.