Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    edited December 2019
    Tartakovsky's Clone Wars was good but it didnt fit canonically with the movies. Mace Windu killed an entire droid troop in that show at one point and was just waaaay overpowered. Same thing with Grievious he was way too strong. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Also who tf actually dislikes Rogue One. Dude's opinions are beat
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Tartakovsky's Clone Wars was good but it didnt fit canonically with the movies. Mace Windu killed an entire droid troop in that show at one point and was just waaaay overpowered. Same thing with Grievious he was way too strong. 
    Still making Grevious the exact opposite is lame. At least with Tartakovsky we see him be a badass, killing Jedi, and stealing lightsabers. Sure, I agree its a little overkill. But its better than constantly losing to base clones and being treated like a Saturday morning villain. "I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME YOU MEDDLING KIDS"
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I mean Grievous doesnt even do shit in the actual movie. The concept of Grievious is stupid anyway. There are about 2 dozen characters ahead of him that I'm worrief about seeing done justice than him
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Yeah gotta disagree with you on that. Outside of episodes that specifically focus on Jar Jar, Padmé and 3PO, the Clone Wars was terrific. By the fifth episode of Season 1 (Rookies) I was ready to call it a certified classic lol 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Darth Maul's arc was sick
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    Xeno said:
    Yea not to mention that that shot was about as anti-Disney as it could be. Literally everybody fucking dies lmao that shit was way darker than I ever expected anything under the Disney name to be.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    *Shit. Fuck this no edit button bullshit smh.
    edited December 2019
    Xeno said:
    The way they told the story wasnt good. The characters all suck. The Vader scene, while cool from a fan service perspective, doesnt make sense in the context of Episode 4's start. The inclusion of AT-AT's doesnt make sense. And aside from the last battle, the fight scenes are wack. The music was wack. 

And, Dark Forces did it better
    edited December 2019
    Swords made of light that don't stretch into infinity don't make sense either. Luke being hidden among Anakin's only living remaining family on his home planet doesn't make sense.

Star Wars doesn't make sense. Earlier you said that the original is one of the best fantasy/sci fi stories ever told. It's not, it's literally the most contrived and basic hero outline possible, thrown into space. You're blinded by your own bias and the fact you said that "your opinions have no bias" shows that you don't even grasp what bias is.

Xeno said:
    Swords made of light that don't stretch into infinity don't make sense either. Luke being hidden among Anakin's only living remaining family on his home planet doesn't make sense.

Star Wars doesn't make sense. Earlier you said that the original is one of the best fantasy/sci fi stories ever told. It's not, it's literally the most contrived and basic hero outline possible, thrown into space. You're blinded by your own bias and the fact you said that "your opinions have no bias" shows that you don't even grasp what bias is.

And yet it has lore and things to adhere to to make it make sense. Rogue One breaks that lore. Dont be dumb 
    Xeno said:
    Earlier you said that the original is one of the best fantasy/sci fi stories ever told. It's not, it's literally the most contrived and basic hero outline possible,

You can literally say this about any piece of fiction ever. 
    edited December 2019
    Then I just don't take entertainment as seriously as you do. Gotta find meaning in this life where you can I guess
    Xeno said:
    Earlier you said that the original is one of the best fantasy/sci fi stories ever told. It's not, it's literally the most contrived and basic hero outline possible,

You can literally say this about any piece of fiction ever. 
    ......no? Some pieces are more contrived and some are more original than others?
    Xeno said:
    Then I just don't take entertainment as seriously as you do. Gotta find meaning in this life where you can I guess
    You're a big Game of Thrones fan, ya? Read the books? Liked the show?

How was that last season/finale? Pretty stupid right? Lore breaking? Not well done? Like a bad, rushed, fanfic? Thats DisneyWars. 
    Yeah I wasn't a giant fan. I'll make fun of it but I'm not set on making that a cornerstone of every conversation about it that happens to come up
    Also GRRM also already tarnished that series with A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons.

A lot like how George Lucas put out those objectively god-awful prequels. I still like em though because I grew up with them
    Xeno said:
    Yeah I wasn't a giant fan. I'll make fun of it but I'm not set on making that a cornerstone of every conversation about it that happens to come up
    I mean I'll happily talk OT, prequel, games, and Legends all day if y'all wanna
    Xeno said:
    I mean I'll happily talk OT, prequel, games, and Legends all day if y'all wanna
    I won't cuz I'm pretty much just a casual fan of Star Wars

Which is really what it all just boils down to I guess. Star Wars is such a huge IP that 80% of the public are just casual fans and don't care either way. I just think that shutting them down as brainless consumers when Star Wars is such a silly thing to begin with is the equivalent of autistic ree'ing into the night