Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Dime2 said:
    Im going to fucking hate it, arent I?
     Yes. Yes you are. But you made that decision before the trailer was even out for this movie. 
    I mean every movie Disney has put out has been a steaming pile of shit. Why would I get hyped for this one?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Well you hate everything before you see even a single second of it, so yes.
    Not true. Once again, there is a lot that Im hyped for that I try to bring up and talk about all the time, but ok. Disney's track record doesnt help them though, so yea. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
     Nah, you’re just a biased cunt and nobody here takes your opinions seriously. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Im not. I just dont like some shit. There's a lot of shit I do like. Y'all just have shit taste

There's no bias to my opinions, but ok 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Just got out of the movie. Meh. Really glad this trilogy is over. Some cool moments and throwbacks but i feel like they fumbled the villain and the reveal. We'll see how I feel after a rewatch.
    Dime2 said:
    For real though. Hearing Anakin, Qui-Gonn and Mace Windu during the end was awesome. And Chewie finally, FINALLY got his fucking medal. I literally cheered lol

Ahsoka's voice was in there too. I've been binging Clone Wars and her voice stuck out 

So was Kanaan’s. 

Reading reviews and discussion threads on it is fucking great right now. So much nerd rage. Anything anyone liked someone else hated. Also, seems like the prequels are now considered perfect like the OT lmao. This shit has never not been cheesy af. It’s part of the fun. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    For real though. Hearing Anakin, Qui-Gonn and Mace Windu during the end was awesome. And Chewie finally, FINALLY got his fucking medal. I literally cheered lol

Ahsoka's voice was in there too. I've been binging Clone Wars and her voice stuck out 

Didn't catch hers the first time my brother pointed it out actually. I avoided all spoilers because even though I wasn't hyped I knew I was seeing it so figured why ruin it. Apparently people knew that weeks ago lol 
    edited December 2019
    Awesome moment in that movie though even though I felt like the fight itself was kinda botched. 

I understand why he didn't, but it would have been nice to see Palpatine at least pull out a light saber but that's just my personal nit pick 

Also, seems like the prequels are now considered perfect like the OT lmao. This shit has never not been cheesy af. It’s part of the fun. 
    Disney's train wreck puts things into perspective and helps us realize how good we have it. The PT isnt nearly as good as the OT, but its certainly a masterpiece compared to the ST. So ye.
    Definitely wouldn't say master piece tier but I love the prequels. Prefer them over the sequel trilogy for sure tho
    You thought Captain Phasma was the Boba Fett of this trilogy? How about the fucking Knights of Ren?

Aren't they all Luke's former students too? So just a group of ex jedi/force users in badass armor get maybe 5 minutes of screen time
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Knights of Ren could have been fucking amazing with a great story to them. That's one of the things that pisses me off the most on this new trilogy 
    You thought Captain Phasma was the Boba Fett of this trilogy? How about the fucking Knights of Ren?

Aren't they all Luke's former students too? So just a group of ex jedi/force users in badass armor get maybe 5 minutes of screen time
     If that lol they're useless. But that's really the theme of Disney wars. Wasted potential. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,717 jayfacer
    Im not. I just dont like some shit. There's a lot of shit I do like. Y'all just have shit taste
    Naw you literally make up your mind beforehand. Let me apply this to myself about something I actually like.

The Weeknd at this point is cemented as my favorite artist of all time and that will never change seeing as we are now going on 9 years of the same opinion. However since he went Pop I no longer expect much from his albums. His last EP was a return to form and was honestly a 5 track masterpiece, but when news came of a new album, I knew it was time to go back to Pop, so my expectations dropped back down to baseline. So I was already geared to hate whatever he dropped from it. I coulda stuck to that, but surprisingly the 2 singles that dropped both blew me away in different ways and I was very happy that they did and I am now more excited for his upcoming project than I have been since literally 2013.

This may seem off topic but I say it all to say, you do the same thing, and you do it about shit you apparently love, difference being that you stick to that hate and refuse to waver. You’re apparently a Marvel/comic book/video game/all around nerd, but these mediums come out and you see one rumor 6 months prior to release that it MAY end up being trash, and your mind is set from there on out. 

This Star Wars is more than likely trash lmao, but this is coming from someone who thinks the entire third trilogy was completely unnecessary. But this isn’t an isolated incident. You do it wit everything. Let shit breathe. Give shit a chance. Mfs do drop legitimate quality sometimes. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Nerds would hate me but I loved the new movie. After having watched them all in release order and over the last couple weeks ending with this here’s my final ranking. The last two can be flip flopped on any given day and the 3rd and 4th spots the same. I tend to like stories that tie everything we know together and that’s represented in this ranking for me

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Seems reasonable. 
    Flagged just for Empire Strikes Back not being #1. I'm a man of principle