Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Speaking of principles, any of you Disney Wars haters planning to boycott the Kenobi series?

=))
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Didn't know there was gonna be a Kenobi series 
    Also, Ape you are of course welcome to have your own opinion but I hit disagree because saying 9 is better than 5 is like saying testicular cancer is better than free ice cream sundaes. 
    But props for appreciating Revenge Of The Sith which is my 2nd favorite Star Wars movie 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIcjQYUV14w&feature=youtu.be 

Can’t fucking wait. My man Ewan and the love he had for what he was doing was the best part of the prequels by a fucking mile. 6 episodes an hour long of a post Order-66 PTSD Obi. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Honestly I enjoyed all of them though. Each of them had something I enjoyed or at least a reason to like it. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Speaking of principles, any of you Disney Wars haters planning to boycott the Kenobi series?

=))
    Obviously. Im in the camp that he literally just became a hermit after ep 3, so to give him solo adventures when he's supposedly an isolated hermit is dumb. 

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah because absolutely nothing happened in the 20 years while he was on Tattoine :|
    edited December 2019
    Yeah because absolutely nothing happened in the 20 years while he was on Tattoine :|
    Nothing did happen. He wasnt joining the rebellion. He wasnt fighting in battles. Nobody knew who he was. Everyone thought he was a crazy old hermit. And most people didnt even believe the force existed, let alone that a Jedi survived order 66. People werent telling stories of a rogue Jedi fucking shit up. 

He was just in hiding until he saved Luke and found the droids. 
    Those are the only two options for Kenobi? Joining the rebellion and fighting in battles? How about protecting the homestead, the entire reason he chose to stay on Tattoine? Tattoine is an essentially lawless planet on the outer rim full of bounty hunters, thieves, and the fucking Hutt Family and you dont think something happened in two decades that would cause Kenobi to intervene?

Also whether you want to refer to Disney cannon or Legends we know that multiple Jedi survived order 66 soooooo
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So why did it take until 99 before the next movie was made? 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yea that will be a fun show to watch. Ben bumming around the homestead for 6-12 hours. 

Its an unnecessary and stupid series. 

Also whether you want to refer to Disney cannon or Legends we know that multiple Jedi survived order 66 soooooo
    And yes I am aware, and during this period Vader was on the front lines hunting them down. Which makes even less sense for Obi to be in anything but hiding because, as Vader says in ep 4, he hadnt sensed him since their fight. Implying they havent met since Mustafar. If Ben was doing hero shit on Tatooine, you dont think they woulda sent Vader in to kill him? 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    mrAPE said:
    So why did it take until 99 before the next movie was made? 

"Well, my decision to make Episode I was more or less driven by technology. The first three Star Wars films were designed very, very carefully to be done cheaply. We didn’t go to any big cities, we didn’t have a lot of costumes, we didn’t have a lot of extras. We didn’t have a lot of the things that cost money on a movie like that. So it was really driven by what I could afford. You have to remember, the first film was made for 13 million dollars. Today, that same film costs 300 million dollars. Even in those days, 2001 cost like 25 million dollars. And I think we had more special effects than that did.

With Episode I, I didn’t want to tell a limited story. I had to go into the politics and the bigger issues of the Republic and that sort of thing. I had to go into bigger issues. And in order to do that, I had to come up with a way of doing it, and that’s what digital technology brought me. I had Yoda but he couldn’t fight. I had cities, but I couldn’t build models that big. I had lots and lots of costumes, but I couldn’t afford to make them. So there were a lot of issues that were just practical — Episode I wasn’t doable for a long time, so I waited until we had the technology to do it."

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Saw it last night. Actually like it a lot but it still had its major problems and fuck up. Just went in to enjoy a star wars movie and turn my brain off and not bitch and complain the whole time. 
    Yea that will be a fun show to watch. Ben bumming around the homestead for 6-12 hours. 

And yes I am aware, and during this period Vader was on the front lines hunting them down. Which makes even less sense for Obi to be in anything but hiding because, as Vader says in ep 4, he hadnt sensed him since their fight. Implying they havent met since Mustafar. If Ben was doing hero shit on Tatooine, you dont think they woulda sent Vader in to kill him? 
    Yes MC it will be 10 hours of Ben standing around the homestead. Dont be retarded. Obi Wan chose to stay on Tattoine specifically to watch over Luke. Again, on a planet full of smugglers, gangsters, traffickers, and bounty hunters you don't think anything ever happened to threaten the Homestead or the surrounding area? 

A series focusing on a small conflict between Obi Wan and a local warlord or gangster while also showing Obi's struggle with the fact that almost everyone he has ever loved or cared about is dead and his best friend was responsible sounds like an amazing series to me. I obviously haven't seen the show so who knows what they will do but to say it doesn't have potential is willfull ignorance at this point. 

Yes MC it will be 10 hours of Ben standing around the homestead. Dont be retarded. Obi Wan chose to stay on Tattoine specifically to watch over Luke. Again, on a planet full of smugglers, gangsters, traffickers, and bounty hunters you don't think anything ever happened to threaten the Homestead or the surrounding area? 

A series focusing on a small conflict between Obi Wan and a local warlord or gangster while also showing Obi's struggle with the fact that almost everyone he has ever loved or cared about is dead and his best friend was responsible sounds like an amazing series to me. I obviously haven't seen the show so who knows what they will do but to say it doesn't have potential is willfull ignorance at this point. 
    It doesnt. Its pure fan service material and thats it. It doesnt make sense in the context of Episode 4 and doesnt need to be a thing 
    edited December 2019
    Also why would Vader immediately know where Obi was? Its not like Obi Wan will take off his hood, whipped out his lightsaber, used the force, and shouted "ITS ME OBI WAN KENOBI"

Maybe he doesn't use any of his Jedi skills. Or his saber. But its not like if Obi Wan uses a force ability that Vader gets a GPS ping of his location. 

It doesnt. Its pure fan service material and thats it. It doesnt make sense in the context of Episode 4 and doesnt need to be a thing 
    Based on one line from Luke calling Obi Wan a hermit? Why would Luke think otherwise? There are tons of Legends stories going into Obi Wan's time on Tattoine and Lars forbid Obi Wan from contacting Luke or forming a relationship with him.

So your "context" was just another lie Uncle Lars told Luke just like the lie about who his father was and who Luke is. 
    We'll see I guess. I just cant see how they could pull it off 
    Its most of the same people involving the Mandalorian which has been amazing so far so i trust them