Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Thoughts on who the stinger at the end could be? 
    Gus from Breaking Bad. 
    It didnt seem like it was Moff Gideon. No spurs on his boots :-? Boba Fett :-? 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Well if this show is just gonna continue to service me and give me what I want then it’s gonna be Cad Bane. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Its decent. A lot I liked. A lot I hated. Itd fit in with the prequels
    Pros:
    Special effects, practical effects were done very well.
    I think they handled Han, Leia, and Chewie very well.
    Finn was a very solid character, like him a lot. 
    I liked that they gave the storm troopers some emotion, and they aren't just cannon fodder behind a mask.
    Chewbaca is a badass.
    Was fun to watch
    Wilhelm scream included.

Cons:
    I didn't like Finn's origin: he was a storm trooper, brainwashed since childhood - why all of a sudden is he good?
    Kylo Ren was an emo kid.
    Borrowed A LOT from the original trilogy - lacked originality, and fed off hype and nostalgia, and was fairly predictable.
    Kylo basically looses a fight against Rey - Rey, who just discovered she had force powers, and just held a lightsaber for the first time vs Kylo, who has been training for years and was trained by LUKE SKYWALKER HIMSELF!
    They wrote off the prequel trilogy. 
    I don't think the tech advanced enough - for example still using TIE Fighters and X-Wings. 
    Entire plot is Deus Ex Machina, and there was too much "well I'll tell you about it later". 
    R2D2 was done very weirdly. 
    Kylo should have had more happen at that big scene.
    :-? 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    Some interesting opinions early in this thread. Interesting how some opinions have changed over time. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Its decent. A lot I liked. A lot I hated. Itd fit in with the prequels
    Pros:
    Special effects, practical effects were done very well.
    I think they handled Han, Leia, and Chewie very well.
    Finn was a very solid character, like him a lot. 
    I liked that they gave the storm troopers some emotion, and they aren't just cannon fodder behind a mask.
    Chewbaca is a badass.
    Was fun to watch
    Wilhelm scream included.

Cons:
    I didn't like Finn's origin: he was a storm trooper, brainwashed since childhood - why all of a sudden is he good?
    Kylo Ren was an emo kid.
    Borrowed A LOT from the original trilogy - lacked originality, and fed off hype and nostalgia, and was fairly predictable.
    Kylo basically looses a fight against Rey - Rey, who just discovered she had force powers, and just held a lightsaber for the first time vs Kylo, who has been training for years and was trained by LUKE SKYWALKER HIMSELF!
    They wrote off the prequel trilogy. 
    I don't think the tech advanced enough - for example still using TIE Fighters and X-Wings. 
    Entire plot is Deus Ex Machina, and there was too much "well I'll tell you about it later". 
    R2D2 was done very weirdly. 
    Kylo should have had more happen at that big scene.
    :-? 
    My opinions have obviously changed over time, with the more I thought about it. Oh well. I still agree Finn had potential, they flubbed it. I still agree Chewie was the most badass part, and I still agree practical > CG. 

All my negatives still stand as they did back then. But the story is garbage the more I think about it. TFA is the least aggregious, but the weakness of the story become more apparent as these new movies have been released. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I started Mandalorian today. Found it on Putlocker. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    Three chapters behind on Mandalorian...or was. Just finished ch. 6. Favorite so far even though I severely hated the entire crew he was with lol also seeing Mark Boone Jr. In Star Wars is hilarious for some reason. Binging it all in this sitting though. Bout to start Chapter 7. Check back in soon 
    Dime2 said:
    Three chapters behind on Mandalorian...or was. Just finished ch. 6. Favorite so far even though I severely hated the entire crew he was with lol also seeing Mark Boone Jr. In Star Wars is hilarious for some reason. Binging it all in this sitting though. Bout to start Chapter 7. Check back in soon 
    Prepare your anus
    Nothing could have prepared my anus for that holy fuck that was awesome. Season 2 :!!! 

Also end of chapter 7...not gonna lie. That hit me in the feels. 

I have spoken :( 

edited December 2019
    "if Im wonderful, it's because of him. And if it's terrible, it's also his fault"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8J8-uREJYs
    edited December 2019
    Saw Rise of Skywalker. Much better than Last Jedi. Some realllly stupid plot points. But I didnt absolutely despise it. 
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    More importantly what did you think of Mando
    More importantly what did you think of Mando
    A decent start. Im only 1 episode in though
    IG-11 going ham was sick in Episode 1
    So what's next? Seems Disney is going to take a break and now Mandalorian is over. 
    edited January 2020
    Clone Wars in February, then Obi Wan, WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, and Mando season 2 by the end of the year
    Awesome didn't know Clone Wars was coming that soon. Hey @JLRedWing13 is there a way to switch control of the thread to my new account? I started it originally but obviously am locked out of it now. If not, wanna be a dear and update the thread title as we go? 

2 eps in to Mando 

Im gonna watch through Solo, and Clone Wars I think. Might as well go balls deeps at this point. Even if I dont prefer it, I'll give it a shot.