Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yea that was fire. Half Anakin/Half Vader broken mask scene >>>>>>>>
    Rebels did it better
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    The obiwan show is ass lol

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Rebels did it better
    Purge did it better

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    edited June 2022
    My co-guy in Under The Bun has been doing TV show reviews instead of game reviews lately. He reviewed Halo, and just did Obi-Wan too. He's not an EU nerd like me, so he doesn't have the old canon to compare it to. But here are his thoughts. 
    Sounds like I would have hated everything about this show. 
    We're going to record a "discussion video" next week comparing the show to the EU version of Obi-Wan's exile. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRalTavY4jI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUP_kGoDS1g
    Always so angsty the second I get negative in here. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Rebels did it better
    Purge did it better

As someone who has actually read/watched all 3 of these: no. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Rebels did it better
    Seeing it live action though > 

Cant wait for an updated “Obi Remembers” edit. 
    Pass the god damn butter.

MC’s thoughts - “Didn’t watch it, didn’t like it, the old stuff is better, fuck Disney”

You’re just wasting time at this point. Go write a riff instead. Call some venues, book a show. Design a new shirt. Move on and be productive elsewhere in your life. 

MC’s thoughts - “Didn’t watch it, didn’t like it, the old stuff is better, fuck Disney”

You’re just wasting time at this point. Go write a riff instead. Call some venues, book a show. Design a new shirt. Move on and be productive elsewhere in your life. 
    Lmao, if I was sucking the cock of the show you wouldn't be complaining about me "not being productive". You just don't like that I don't like it. 
    I haven't even been saying anything as the show dropped.

Enjoy your shit!
    I actually dgaf if you liked it or not. I just don’t see the point of investing so much time into things you obviously don’t like (at least keep it on YouTube in hopes of getting enough views to get some ad money out of it) 

The thing of it is that you’re just monotonous as shit and add nothing new to the conversation. “Disney bad, I only like non-canon.”  Ok, we got it. But if the rest of us want to discuss one particular episode, scene, or series, you chime in again and again again with “EU was better” every fucking time like a basic bitch. It’s like talking politics with Gary. You even agreed you were done in here like 100 times in here and said you were moving on yet here you are again “EU was better!” “One comic panel was better than a 10 minute live action scene complete with lighting and musical themes that I didn’t even watch!”

Start a fucking EU thread already. The rest of us could replace you in here with an asterisk at the end of our posts. 

*MC liked non-canon better*
    Whenever I try to discuss new shit, you cry about how "oh Im just a hater who cant be happy with anything"

So I started trying to discuss the things I like, and here you are crying about that too. 

I can discuss how this show is a fucking mess of stupid plot ideas, canon breaking instances, and character assassinations if you'd like. But I dont want to upset you again. 
    No amount of key jangling is going to fix stupid ass writing and destruction of continuity. Sorry. Glad you're easily impressed though. 
    Some shit was good, some wasn’t. 
    Same shit since 1977. 

🤷‍♂️

Go read a dusty book. 
    Rebels did it better
    I definitely paid more attention to the lightsaber forms being used by Obi after that breakdown of Obi/Maul for the rebels scene. 
    Some shit was good, some wasn’t. 
    Same shit since 1977. 

🤷‍♂️

Go read a dusty book. 
    Gladly. And I'll bring up the next dusty book I enjoy too. Hope it doesnt bother you.
    Been doing cleaning around my house. Found a bunch of my old Star Wars figures. Most are from the Revenge Of The Sith figure line, though I do have a few OT figures too. But I also had this one, which is cool. Snoova disguised Chewbaca from Shadows Of The Empire. 
    I'm probably going to end up selling these (and some Lord Of The Rings toys I found with them) to a local toy shop or something.

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Prolly because you haven’t seen a second of it for yourself, meaning you can’t offer any kind of valuable opinion on it. You were literally in here LOLing every single post that said anything good about the show, when you haven’t even seen any of it in order to hate it in the first place. 😐
    Prolly because you haven’t seen a second of it for yourself, meaning you can’t offer any kind of valuable opinion on it. You were literally in here LOLing every single post that said anything good about the show, when you haven’t even seen any of it in order to hate it in the first place. 😐
    Ive watched multiple episode by episode reviews, and all my friends have been talking about it. Its all over Twitter. I know every plot beat and thing that happens in the show. 
    It wouldnt matter anyways if I did watch it though. Y'all would still be "meh you just hate everything". 

Enjoy your shit.