Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I finished Darth Bane: Path of Destruction the other day. LOVED it. Darth Bane has become one of my favorite Star Wars characters. So I started the Jedi Vs Sith comics (basically tells the story of the end of Path Of Destruction), and Rule Of Two. Might give The Last Of The Jedi YA series a quick read too.

That temple attack…
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Obi-Wan show is cold so far.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    End of episode 2 was spine chilling 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Damn the new Tales Of The Jedi literally has nothing to do with Tales Of The Jedi, huh?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Bad Batch and Visions both getting a season 2
    I liked Visions. I hope they continue The Ninth Jedi, and The Elder. Those were my favorite parts. I'm assuming they'll continue Ronin too because of the book. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Damn another great episode of Obi Wan. Vader going around killing people in that village was dope and then him throwing Obi Wan in the fire and telling him “Now suffer how I suffered” mmmm mmmm 
    Like….five combined minutes of screen time, and that was the most legitimately menacing that Darth Vader has ever been presented in live action, in Star Wars’ entire franchise history. I tried to tell yall old Star Wars was WAY too limited by it’s time lmao.
    This has been somewhat of a slow start too, but this is definitely already better than Boba Fett. They couldn’t get me to give a shit about any of that until it became The Mandalorian 2.5, which shows how interesting Boba himself was in that shit. This is fire tho and I’m loving the darker vibe it has like Jedi Fallen Order. Makes sense since it’s in the exact same time period.
    MC laughing at every positive reaction to the show and hasn’t seen a second of it. What else is new. 🙄
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    The obiwan show is ass lol
    Finished the last of the Darth Bane stuff. Top tier Star Wars. Absolutely loved it. Bane is the best Sith. 
    New episode was gas.
    New episode was ass.
    Bail Organa would never in a fucking million years record that hologram message. That's just bad writing. 
    First book finished, second book started for The Last Of The Jedi. Feels weird to be working backwards through Ferus Olin's story (which ended with Rebel Force which I read earlier this year), but I like him as a character so far. Also is Obi-Wan's last mission before he devotes his life to isolation on Tatooine. 

Also started Tales Of The Jedi. I love the fantasy aesthetic. It really sets it apart from the prequel era, which I feel the Old Republic era sometimes feel too similar to. Definitely a different kind of Star Wars story so far though. I can see it's influence on the Bane saga though. 
    Bail Organa would never in a fucking million years record that hologram message. That's just bad writing. 

Agree but both Vader ripping apart the ship and his fight with the Third Sister without drawing his own lightsaber were dope. 
    Finale wasn’t perfect but parts of it were. 
    Yea that was fire. Half Anakin/Half Vader broken mask scene >>>>>>>>
    Overall the show was cool for what it was tho. It still goes The Mandalorian > Obi-Wan Kenobi >>>>>>>>>>>> Book Of Boba Fett as far as the live action Disney+ shows. The main problem is that none of this story NEEDED to happen, but that lies in being an in-betweenquel/prequel in general, not this show personally. Because you already know the overall outcome and so they sit there trying to fill in these random, inconsequential blanks. I mean yea technically The Mandalorian fits the same category, but difference is, it was an entirely new character and story we never saw before, only being a prequel/in-betweenquel due to time period and running into certain pre-existing characters. But it was cool to see a lil bit more background on Obi-Wan’s story and see Vader get to flex a bit more. Only people mad are angry ass fanboys who wanna nitpick and obsess over every tiny detail.