Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    What I really love is the subtle nods about Anakin slowly shifting. As I said in my mini review when I rewatched the films last year, when you watch Episodes 2 & 3 back to back, the transition is so fast and jarring. Instantly goes full Hitler at the drop of a hat. Here you see it’s a gradual process and how he was slowly developing the anger, attachment that Jedis aren’t supposed to have, like how heated he was over potentially losing R2 when he’s only a robot, etc., shit like that. Details like that alone make this essential.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Too bad it's full of retcons and continuity issues. 

inb4Jobe - that's my only comment on it lol
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I've been buying all the EU books physically. I have a bunch of them now. I've been getting exclusively the paperbacks because they include short stories and extra content. I've been trying my best to get them all without any "Legends" or Disney labels on them. I accidentally bought the prequel trilogy novels with Disney logos, so I rebought them without Disney logos. So now I need to sell try and sell those. 

Anyways, it's disappointing that some of the later novels ONLY come in "Legends" paperbacks. I can't find Kenobi, Honor Among Thieves, Razor's Edge, Maul: Lockdown, or Crucible without the "Legends" label. So I'm thinking of trying to make custom book covers for those. 

I'm willing to put up with the "Legends" label for some of the comics, because some of the Epic Collections are actually really nice, and much easier to find than the Dark Horse omnibuses. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Too bad it's full of retcons and continuity issues. 
    Laughs in EU
    What I really love is the subtle nods about Anakin slowly shifting. As I said in my mini review when I rewatched the films last year, when you watch Episodes 2 & 3 back to back, the transition is so fast and jarring. Instantly goes full Hitler at the drop of a hat. Here you see it’s a gradual process and how he was slowly developing the anger, attachment that Jedis aren’t supposed to have, like how heated he was over potentially losing R2 when he’s only a robot, etc., shit like that. Details like that alone make this essential.
    Yeah man, I used to hate Anakin as a character but clone wars made him into a top 5 star wars character for me. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I wish I could experience clone wars again for the first time. Let me know what you think as it goes on. It only gets better 

Lucky S.O.B. doesn’t even have to wait for those final seasons. 

Enjoy. The show as a whole isn’t “perfect”, but some scenes and story arcs sure as hell are. There are really good “making of” and behind the scenes features that are equally as good. The whole experience was very rewarding for all of us but MC. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    Clone Wars is amazing man. A few dud story lines but for the most part the series is awesome 
    I ordered the entire Young Jedi Knights series off Ebay. Ebay listing was used, but incredibly good condition. 

The books arrived today soaked through, pieces of the covers coming off, and literally covered in mold. I'm pissed. 
    Out of 14 books, four are covered in mold, another has substantial water damage, and two more have cover damage. I dont trust the others not to mold being stuck in a box with the other moldy books too. 

I hope I can get a refund. $150 worth of books. 
    Good God Andor is so fucking bad lmao. Finished the season finale and even that was anticlimactic. And the ending felt like less of a cliffhanger and more of literally cutting it off in the middle of the scene and not finishing it. “We’ll put this off and wait to get to it later.“ jus like literally everything else in this garbage ass show. 1/10. Worst shit ever put out under the Star Wars name. And I liked Rogue One. But fuck this bullshit ass show.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Dime2 said:
    I'm absolutely baffled anyone gave a fuck enough about that character to give him his own show

Jedi Survivor looks lit
    Bout to be on season 5 of Clone Wars and I love the show, but the pacing is so garbage lmao. Perfect example is how they introduce Savage Oppress and mention Darth Maul being his brother, which obviously is singlehandedly the most interesting storyline of the entire show up to that point, and then it’s all jus immediately swept under the rug as if it never happened, without a single mention about it again until literally an entire SEASON later. I even had to double check the chronology list cause I thought I had for sure fucked something up but I didn’t. It jumps all over the place even in the proper order and it definitely fucks wit investment cause I couldn’t possibly care less about these random ass one off filler episodes thrown in between the good shit. That shit is still extremely irritating even being able to binge these and run thru em as fast as I want, so I know that shit would have pissed me off badly if I was watching them piece by piece as they originally aired.

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Hang in there, it’s worth it. Filler episodes be damned. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Yeah there is a ton of filler in the series but it's worth it. The lows are low but the highs are fucking HIGH
    Honestly season 6 and 7 are all bangers so you're almost out of the weeds
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I just rewatched rebels and I may like it more than clone wars but the cartoons which I never thought I would watch have become a lot of my favorite parts 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Some recent book orders

Unfortunately Kenobi (as well as Maul Lockdown, Razor's Edge, and Crucible) dont have pre-Legends paperback editions. 
    Red Harvest and Shatterpoint lit