Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Jus noticed Bad Batch Season 2 drops on January 4th lmao I didn’t know it was coming that soon. Perfect timing cause I had planned on watching Bad Batch immediately after Clone Wars since it’s a direct extension. So I’ll now jus watch both seasons back to back. I should be wrapping up Clone Wars right around that time.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Don't sleep on Rebels either. First season is a slog but the season 1 finale and onward is lit af
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,787 jayfacer
    Have yet to see Rebels but Bad Batch is fucking lit. There's 14/16 episodes are bangers 
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Those that haven’t watched rebels are missing out big time. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yea I’ll prolly watch Rebels after, might as well.
    edited December 2022
    >Get to Season 5.
    >Dope we finally getting back into the Darth Maul shit, this should be the best season yet.
    >Half the fucking season is about a random ass group of younglings. 😐
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    >Get to Season 5.
    >Dope we finally getting back into the Darth Maul shit, this should be the best season yet.
    >Half the fucking season is about a random ass group of younglings. 😐
    Spoiler alert, Savage/Maul storyline gets resolved in a side comic and not the show =)) Maul storyline gets a resolution in season 7 tho
    AYO WHEN MAUL PICKS UP THE FUCKING DARKSABER >>>>>>>>>>>>

FUCK Dark Horse Omnibuses and Marvel Epic Collections are getting expensive. Might take a break from collecting novels to focus on the comics for a bit before I get completely priced out. 
    Now finished Clone Wars and season 1 of Bad Batch so I’m caught up and bout to watch these 3 season 2 episodes and jus watch that weekly, and then bout to start Rebels.

Overall loved Clone Wars, although I feel like it still had it’s same pacing issues all the way thru to the end. Jake said all of seasons 6 and 7 were bangers and while they were overall prolly the best seasons, they still suffered from taking random detours that took wind out of the sails. Season 6 had the random Jar Jar Binks arc that I didn’t give a fuck about that derailed it, and then Season 7, the first 4 wit the dyke sisters were honestly completely unnecessary. The reintroduction of Ahsoka was needed obviously, but the sisters jus felt tacked on like they didn’t know a better way to bring Ahsoka back into it. Then the middle 4, while dope, were essentially nothing more than an extended introduction/trailer for Bad Batch. Final 4 were fucking amazing and perfect tho and I honestly wish more of the show tonally had that same presentation and vibe going on. Would have also been dope to get more episodes set AFTER Order 66 like those were. 

As far as Bad Batch, for all intents and purposes it’s basically more Clone Wars lol jus a different focus, but I loved that and honestly might like it a lil more than Clone Wars. A: Because it’s set after Order 66 so naturally it’s already a bit more interesting, and B: It’s WAY more concise and focused and doesn’t jump all over the place and flows from episode to episode like a show typically does/is supposed to. Hype to see where the current season goes.

Overall tho both have been really fun watches and this is prolly the most invested I’ve ever felt in Star Wars. Which jus naturally comes wit the territory when it comes to movies vs. shows because you spend way more time wit the characters and universes than is ever possible wit movies. I also absolutely love the art style and at this point feel like Star Wars is better suited for animation than live action. Hype to play the newest Lego Star Wars and Jedi Survivor in March. This is all perfect timing honestly lmao.
    Recent additions to my collection

NEW BAD BATCH WAS HARRRRD GOT DAMN. 😮‍💨😮‍💨

Yall been watching weekly or waiting for the full season to air first?
    Part of wants to wait but part of me wants to just start watching. I loved season 1
    Finished Rebels yesterday so now completely done wit the animated Star Wars watch other than keeping up wit Bad Batch weekly.

Overall I liked Rebels, although I think it suffered some of the same pacing issues as Clone Wars and had a lot of inconsequential filler episodes, although it did feel more focused due to the fact that it stayed about the same core group instead of jumping around to different characters. Maul went out extremely cheap and I think that was one of the weakest ways they could have possibly ended his arc, and I feel like the finale as a whole was kind of a cop out. Oh look at that! All that and now the main character is jus….somewhere out there. Maybe we’ll get back to that, maybe we won’t. 🤦🏻‍♂️

It felt a lil more kid oriented than Clone Wars did although not by much, but the art style was not nearly as good. It still looked good for the most part, but it straight up ruined certain characters. They straight up BUTCHERED Yoda on this. I literally said “What the fuck is THAT.” out loud when they showed Yoda lmaoooo. Ugliest version of them they ever had and it didn’t even look like him smh.

Did any of yall watch Resistance? Considering maybe watching it, but the character group is easily the least interesting of the 3, plus it looks the most literally “made for kids” out of all of them.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Here’s a clip of Sam Witwer breaking down that Maul scene and what was going on with Obi’s stances and psychology. There’s a lot going on there. 

Pass the god damn butter.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I hated the way they did Maul too but the explanation made sense. I just can’t wait until we get him in live action again 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Sam Maggs, gay author who openly says everything she writes is intended for queer people, and her goal is to inject LGBT themes in every book she writes, writes the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order novel. People are surprised when the book is full of gay shit
    Haven't posted my collection updates in a while. There's been a lot

Bad Batch season finale was pretty dope, gigantic cliffhanger for season 3 obviously. Overall a fun season tho.

Current Mandalorian season is questionable tho. It’s been aight I guess but I feel like it’s going nowhere and they’re jus doing random side stories. If it follows the same pattern as the first 2 seasons, then it’s already past the halfway mark, and there’s only 3 episodes left, and nothing has really truly cranked up yet. And they pulled a TLOU by making episode 3 the longest of the season, and spent it on a side character nobody fucking asked for. All these Disney+ Star Wars shows have tended to start extremely slow and not really do anything til the final few episodes, but Mandalorian up til now has been way more consistent in that regard, which is why it was also head and shoulders the best one. We’ll see what happens I guess.