Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2012
    Wanna try Craze, it's a new pre-workout, and everyone's going ham over it, praising it like the Second Coming Of Jesus, but apparently, there's a lawsuit going on, because it may contain Amphetamines, so, I don't know....... Would still at least like to try and get a free sample of it and try it once.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    edited September 2012
    Ya I heard good stuff about it.

I'm torn whether to get that or assault. I haven't heard anything about either....I'll prob go with assault tho
    Legs feel like fucking Jell-O. Holy fuck. Started off wit 85/100/115/100 Sumo Squats. I nailed the 8 reps of 115 Lbs., but had to do the drop of shame at the end. My legs were trembling so fucking bad, and I was home alone, I woulda gotten hurt if I didn't, so I dropped 115 pounds straight to the floor from behind me lol. My legs were so fucking destroyed by time I got to the Parallel Squats, 'cause I upped the weight yet again on every single move, so, I did 70/85/100 for those to play it safe.

But COT DAMN I feel like a fucking champion right now. FUCK WIT ME.

Ya I heard good stuff about it.

I'm torn whether to get that or assault. I haven't heard anything about either....I'll prob go with assault tho

If you go wit Craze, or even somehow get to sample it, be sure to drop in here and let me know what you think about it.
    Lol, I just realized how much a gym would hate me if I had a membership. I scream/swear so much while lifting, and throw/slam the weights down all the time after a ridiculous set.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    will do. i may start with craze just cuz its a little cheaper we'll see though i have a credit on amazon and i know assault is on there
    Holy fuck I went 2stupid today. The pump in my arms was fucking nuts, my veins never popped THAT much before. Did 85/100/115/100 on Deadlifts, and also, in my new Muscle & Fitness, there was a mini article about adding a Trap Shrug at the top of your Deadlift to add another dimension to the lift and raise the intensity, I did that for all 4 sets, and that shit had my Traps on FIRE. Definitely made the Deadlifts a lot harder.

Also, did my weekly weigh-in, and I gained exactly 1 pound, so, I guess I won't be upping my calories, since 1-2 Lbs. a week is the ideal goal. The calories get raised for the Bulk phase anyways, which starts in a week. It'll prolly put me at 3,200-3,400 calories daily. Also, already gained 3/4ths of an inch in my Biceps. Dem noobie gainz muhfucka.
    My Shoulders workout today was fucking pathetic, I'm ashamed of myself, I pushed as hard as I possibly could, but I still kept running out of gas, struggling to get through sets, etc., and that was still doing it on reduced weight, since my shoulder still has some minor pain. I'm guessing it's because of how nuts I went on Legs and Back & Bis, hitting new maxes in both workouts, and working like a fucking machine. I hate rest days, but I'm glad I have one tomorrow, I think I need it, a sorry ass workout like today's is absolutely inexcusable.

On a good note, back on Creatine today!
    Jobe or Cheech:

So, I been watching Deadlift and Squat form videos all day and all last night, and practicing wit real low weight, 'cause as I said, I got a tightness in my back that I'm sure was caused by bad form, and I don't wanna make it worse, but today's a rest day, and I don't Squat 'til Thursday, and don't Deadlift 'til Friday, so, that gives me some decent time to give my back a rest, and practice so that my form is better.

Anyways, to my understanding, the bar is supposed to TOUCH your legs on the way up and back down, like literally be against them? And kinda follow the curve of your bent knees, and then straighten back out when you straighten them? I already got the straight back technique down, by keeping my chest out, but I'm kinda confused about the bar touching/being against you thing, as I thought the bar was supposed to be a bit away from your legs, and then rests against your hips at the top of the lift.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited September 2012
    Deadlift; I normally allow the bar to be about 5cm away from my shins at the start.
    As it clears my knees the bar is pretty much running up my thighs.
    Having said that I have seen people with bleeding shins as they tend to run the bar straight up their legs from the ground up.
    I dont think either will technique will hurt/damage your back.
    The trick is not to lean back and drive your knees under the bar and yank the bar up your thighs otherwise it's classified as "hitching"
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    You should check out this website Popsicle. It might give you help with lifting technique

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/

Also; you should check around to see when the next powerlifting comp is on at a gym/venue near you. Ask at some local gyms and you'll soon find out. Go along to watch. It'll be free and you might find it of interest
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I kept the bar as close as I can without touching, and once it was over the knees, it continues up with a glute squeeze to drive my hips forward.

amidoingitright.jpeg
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Aight, thanks Gnomez, that really helps. I'll keep practicing before the serious Deads come up again on Friday. I'm pretty confident in my Squat form now, but still iffy on my Dead form, but it's definitely better.

Also, pretty sure the pain in my back is a muscle knot. I've had it for as long as I can remember, at least a good 2-3 years, in the exact same spot. But I tend to forget about it, 'cause it acts up when it wants to. I remember it started hurting real bad when I first started Insanity as well. Just so happens that Deads made it act up again. So, I started treatment wit a tennis ball, Im'ma go out and get a foam roller tomorrow, but the tennis ball hurt like a fucking bitch, but felt amazing right after I was done, feels a lot looser right now. I can actually feel the knot, pretty big lump when I press on it. So, Im'ma do the tennis ball (And foam roller, when I get it.) 2-3 times a day, hopefully it heals soon enough. Just gonna have to make sure my form is as good as possible wit my Squats and Deads, so that it doesn't get any worse.
    I had one of those in my neck for years, and it would flare up for months at a time. My chiropractor hit it with 3 clicks of an activator and it was instantly gone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activator_technique

I gotta buy one of these, they're amazing. Try it out dude.
    Hmm....... How much do those run, usually?
    $250 to $500 for the good ones. Amazon has a cheaper one for around $125. But its only like $10 to see a chiropractor, I'd go that route first and see if it helps.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker

Angry ginger update is I am officially below 250. I was 275 back in spring. 263 about a month ago

awesome job buddy. just don't lose your crowd surfer throwing strength lol
    Lol we don't have to worry about that
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Creatine = Super supplement. Today's technically my first day working out on it since being back on it, 'cause I started Monday, but I take it post workout, and yesterday was a rest day. Went so fucking retarded, felt unstoppable. Cot damn, I really missed being off of Creatine.
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hey jobe , is there a healthy way to gain weight? Obvs not me, but my friend wants to gain weight, but she wants to do it in a healthy manner
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Ran about 3.5 miles yesterday