Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You know the best fucking part about Catz' excuse? P90X's coach, Tony Horton, is fucking 53 years old! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

And he's obviously in phenomenal shape.
    Here's what someone who actually puts in the effort can look like at 50, Catz:

Also, you said people start losing their body starting around 35:

^^^^^^^This nigguh's 33.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i give full credit to tony but the dood lives breathes and eats fitness, most people at 53 are not going to look like that cuz they have a real life with family and jobs they have to do.. but that aside nothing wrong with at least trying to look like that when your older, your never to old to throw in the towel
    Also, I need some help. Either Jobe, Nola, Brad, Dayna, anyone who has knowledge about equipment, basically.

I start Asylum in 3 weeks, and need to get my equipment for it, I already got a pull up bar (And have been doing pull-ups daily, as a little bonus to my Insanity workouts.), and what I'm wondering, is, is it cheaper to but THIS:

https://extranet.securefreedom.com/MillionDollarBody/csShopping/ShoppingCart_Detail.asp?PriceID=229420&Cat=Fitness Program|INSANITY:%20THE%20ASYLUM

Or just download Asylum and buy all the equipment separately?

That's $180, and all the equipment I found at their cheapest prices are priced:

Pull-Up Bar: $20
    + Dumbbell Set (40 Lbs.): $30
    + Agility Ladder: $20
    + Jump Rope: $10

= $80

But then I don't know how much the Resistance Bands and Power Bands would cost individually. Would it be cheaper to go with the above package? Plus, that Pull Up Bar is sooo much nicer than mine, I could still return mine and lie and say all my doorways are too narrow.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    clicking the link just leads to a log in page.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I would think you could find the stuff cheaper individually. Hit up a play it again sports, they usually have used weights about half price. Browse Craigslist, goodwill, newspaper classifieds etc. An agility ladder is about a dollar for rope and 5 minutes of knot tying. Otherwise its a lot of dough for such a short program.

My recommendation would be to say screw resistance bands and dvd aerobics, buy a heavy ass weight set and proceed to pick it up and put it down routinely.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Today was fucking rough. 47 minute Max Cardio Conditioning and 33 minute Insane Abs. 80 minute workout altogether. Insane Abs is so much worse than Cardio Abs.

'Cause on the workout schedule, it says today was 'sposed to be Max Cardio Conditioning + Cardio Abs, but to substitute Cardio Abs with Insane Abs if you have the Deluxe Edition. And since my torrent was the Deluxe Edition, I did just that. Insane Abs is twice as long (33 minutes compared to 16 minutes.), and twice as hard as Cardio Abs. I was literally screaming in pain during the Bicycle Abs, I don't know exactly how I got through it without taking a single break, I just pushed as hard as fucking possible. Today was the first time Insane Abs was incorporated into the schedule, and it comes up 3-4 more times I believe, all part of a double workout, it's never on the schedule as a single workout.

I love how fucking sore and on fire my abs are right now doe, first extremely good straight up ab workout on the entire schedule so far. I mean, Cardio Abs was nice, but it never left me burning like this, and was only 16 minutes long.

Tomorrow is Max Interval Sports Training, brand new workout for me, since it's the first time it's on the schedule, and then that's the end of Week 7, with only 2 more weeks to go! LEHGO.
    I'm getting really antsy for Insanity to end. Not 'cause "Ugh I just want this to be over already.", 'cause I absolutely love Insanity now, but because I'm so fucking stoked to get started on Asylum now.
    3 double workouts next week. Oh shit son.

Fit Test + Max Interval Circuit. (90 Minutes.).
    Max Cardio Conditioning + Insane Abs x2. (Both 80 Minutes.).
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I'm older than you Catz and I like to think I'm still in pretty good shape....and I
    Ain't had lypo or a tummy tuck
    Damn, I completely forgot about Amazon lol. I'll check in a minute.
    GODDAMN BOY!

I'm now down to fucking 15% body fat! =D>

I started Month 2 at 19%, and started Insanity altogether at 21%-22%.

Fuck son, so happy right now.
    Damn, I just looked at the fucking schedule, last week is gonna be MEAN.

Monday: Max Interval Plyo (55 Minutes)
    Tuesday: Max Cardio Conditioning + Insane Abs (80 Minutes)
    Wednesday: Max Interval Circuit (60 Minutes)
    Thursday: Max Interval Sports Training
    Friday: Max Interval Plyo (55 Minutes)
    Saturday: Max Cardio Conditioning + Insane Abs (80 Minutes)
    Sunday: Fit Test (30 Minutes)

That shit's gonna be NUTS, Thursdays and Sundays are Recovery and Rest Days, respectively. No Recovery or Rest that week, damn.
    Can't edit, but Max Interval Sports Training is 55 Minutes.
    Man, watching Jersey Shore makes me jelly as fuck. I don't get how these nigguhs eat like pigs, drink all night almost every night, and still stay swole as fuck. Shit's not fair lol.

Unless they do bodybuilding "bulking/cutting" phases, in which case, they can eat whatever the fuck they want in bulking phases, and have to eat healthy in cutting phases.
    its called steroids, synthol, and they have nothing to do all day (no jobs) so they just work out all day... thatll do it
    just did an hour jog on the beach and ab ripper feelsgoodman.jpg
    only old people run in the mornings lol
    but they had some weird marathon going and i when i was running on the road i was like on there marathon path, i think they thought i was in there little marathon and i confused them when i started running the opposite way...there were a couple cuties in the marathon run thing..
    seriously those fukkers were goin faster than me on like theyre 18 th mile.. makin me look bad lol