Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Thanks Brad!

And Jobe, I still have fat to lose anyways, so I'm doing Insanity to burn that fat and get some lean muscle, and then that's why I'm doing Asylum afterwards. Asylum actually uses equipment (Dumbbells, Pull-Up Bar, Resistance Bands, Power Bands, Jump Rope, and an Agility Ladder.), and is more focused on building muscle and getting ripped.

Also, did Max Interval Plyo today, Jesus Christ, shit was nuts. But I took a LOT less breaks than yesterday. Not sure why it's called Plyo doe. There is a lot of Plyo/Leg work in the first circuit, but then after that, most of it is push-up based shit. My arms are on fucking fire, way worse than my legs.
    Did Max Cardio Conditioning today. It's basically the Month 2 equivalent of Pure Cardio, in the sense that it's nonstop, with no breaks, except it's longer, with harder workouts. But surprisingly, it was easier than the last two days' workouts, my endurance is already building back up, plus I took an all natural pre-workout energy supplement called ZipFizz, which I felt really helped me push through, and go harder.

Also, I'm very pleased to see that it seems to be true that the bulk of the weight loss comes in Month 2. I started Insanity at 190 Lbs., but by the end of Month 1, for whatever reason, I was up to 197 Lbs., but I didn't pay it too much mind, since my measurements and Body Fat Percentage went down, as well as the obvious physical/visual improvements. I clearly wasn't getting fatter. Anyways, getting back to what I was saying, I'm back down to 190 Lbs. again, and that will only go down from here. Hoping to be down to 180 Lbs. at the end of Month 2, which was my weight goal from the beginning. But even if I don't fall to 180 Lbs., I'll be fine either gaining weight, or staying at my current weight, as long as it's in muscle.
    Also, I downloaded Asylum early, since after Insanity, I'll be taking a recovery week, and heading straight into Asylum, so I wanted to watch some of the workouts and see what's in store.......all I can say is, Im'ma fucking hate my life next month lol.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    erik your abs/stomach is looking good but you gotta work on your arms chest and shoulders
    Thanks, but yea fosho, I mean, they are a bit more defined in person, but I definitely gotta work on them more. Luckily, in Month 2, Shaun T focuses a LOT more on the arms/shoulders/chest, and has a ridiculous amount of push-up variations and shit like Tricep Dips. So, that should help, plus, like I said, in Asylum, which I start in a month (3 weeks of Insanity left, plus a Recovery Week.), actually uses equipment, including Dumbbells, Power Bands, Resistance Bands, and a Pull-Up Bar, is way more focused on building muscle and getting ripped, rather than losing weight. In fact, they recommend not doing it at all unless you're already in decent shape.
    How's P90X going, BTW? And are you gonna follow it up with P90X2? I'm doing, in this order, after Insanity: Asylum, P90X, P90X2.
    p90x is going shitty lol... i just moved and the shit with my brother have me completely distracted.. i havent worked out in over a week but starting thurs im just going to start doing my own routine and stray from the p90x workout routine..im gonna do the exercises done in the videos doe just gonna mix them up myself..im gonna start everyday with a run on the beach for like 45 min then come back and do abs for 15 min and then switching off chest and arms and shoulders a day each then a rest day...im gonna do that everyday till at least the end of the summer. time to get serious
    I'm not sure if I will even do month 2 if if focuses hardcore on getting more buff and stuff.... I'm looking to get toned, not beefy lol

I unfortunately got too busy with school and work and balancing the two out was tiring itself. Plus the 4 day vacation we took completely got me off the schedule.
    and I really want to get back into it an commit because I was starting to see results that made me really happy. Stress just got the better of me.
    You won't get beefy. You'll get lean muscle, exactly what you want, depending on your definition of "toned".

And I've been so focused and committed, I won't allow myself to take any days off, I even worked out every day of my week long vacation in Florida, except my Sunday Rest Day, lol. It's actually to the point that I hate my Rest Days and just itch to work out, but I take it just to give my joints some relief, since I'm still feeling minor discomfort in my knees, and now, with all the push-ups, my elbows, but I can definitely feel the Glucosamine starting to finally work.
    Also, on what I said in the first part of my post, if you don't wanna get beefy, finish your Month 2, but just stay away from Asylum.
    What's fucked up, is that out of all the Month 2 exercises, my least favorite is the Max Recovery one. I hate it. Ot's supposed to be a break, but everything burns so fucking bad, and he does rows of 32 push-ups, but you do them slow as all Hell, so it burns so much more. Not to mention, the whole workout is so slow, with lots of stretching, so even though it's only like 40-45 minutes long, it fucking DRAAAAGS by so slow.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    I'm not sure if I will even do month 2 if if focuses hardcore on getting more buff and stuff.... I'm looking to get toned, not beefy lol

I unfortunately got too busy with school and work and balancing the two out was tiring itself. Plus the 4 day vacation we took completely got me off the schedule.
    and I really want to get back into it an commit because I was starting to see results that made me really happy. Stress just got the better of me.
    it is actually physically impossible for a female to get beefy. their body doesnt produce enough testosterone to build all that muscle. the only women that are big and beefy like the disgusting female bodybuilders are ones that take natural testosterone boosting supplements
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    As long as it's not beefy muscle I'll be happy then. I do want to increase my upper body strength so I can hold my own a little better at concerts so Brad doesn't have to sacrifice his funs to watch me so much.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Females can get beefy. It's just not the same kind of beefy guys can get to
    imageimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Rip: "You would look better if you gained about 10 lbs of muscle" Woman responds with look of utter horror. Rip: "Trust me, I've been looking at women a long time, and I'm really good at it."

Gotta love Riptoe.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    yah i dont dig on girls who are rock hard

and those chicks are taking steroids, you wont ever look that way from insanity lmao
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    obviously those are extremes, but I don't want my body to be "rock hard" with muscle was my point with saying I don't want to be "beefy"
    still wont get there without test. boosters, youll be fine
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

[-(

blue turbins

[-(

blue turbins

[-(

blue turbins