Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i choose under eat then
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    i choose under eat then
    Lrn2nutrition then.

Anybody ever try intermittent fasting? It's pretty easy to get used to, an effective as fuck. I've never lost weight so easy.

http://www.precisionnutrition.com/intermittent-fasting
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    but i have underate my entire life... i know how my body works and that just didnt make sense i will weigh myself tomm to see wuzzup.. and i know i need more but i dont like alot of healthy food so i just rationalize that eating not alot of healthy food is better than eating alot of shitty food
    >Under eat entire life
    > Be +200 lbs
    Pick one.
    THANK YOU
    Metabolism and Body Weight Understanding the energy content of food, metabolic rates and the law of thermodynamics.

Article By: The Weight Watchers Research Department

Calories are a way to measure energy. Just as watts measure electrical energy, calories measure heat energy.

By definition, a calorie (technically called a kilocalorie or kcal) is the amount of heat required to raise 1 kilogram of water 1 degree Centigrade. Calories are the typical method of energy measurement in many parts of the world to quantify the fuel energy that is available from food and to measure the heat output that comes from metabolism, which is the number of calories the body burns.

Metabolism has three major components: 1. resting metabolic rate; 2. physical activity; and 3. calories used to process food.

Resting metabolism is the calories used to keep all systems going day in and day out; it is the calories burned by the brain, heart, kidneys and all organs and cells in the body. About two-thirds to three-quarters of the calories we burn every day are accounted for in resting metabolism.

The second component of metabolism is the calories burned in activities such as walking, stair climbing, picking up children and planned exercise. Calories burned in physical activity are the most variable part of metabolism and also the component over which you have the most control.

Finally, a relatively smaller percentage of calories are used to convert food calories into energy the body can use and this varies by macronutrient. e.g., protein and fiber-rich carbohydrates require more calories to process than non-fiber containing carbohydrates and fat.

The Law of Thermodynamics The only scientifically proven method for losing weight involves burning more calories than are taken in. This fact, often called the "law of thermodynamics," has been shown time and time again in decades of rigorous scientific studies. One example of the hundreds of studies that exist was done in Switzerland. Fifty-four obese people had their calories restricted to 1,100 per day. Different combinations of foods and meal timing were tested. There was no difference in weight losses; it came down to the number of calories, not how they were provided, that accounted for the weight loss that the participants experienced.

At the end of the day, the only true way to lose weight is to eat fewer calories in food and/or burn more calories. Yet only 1/3 of Americans trying to lose weight try to do so by using the recommended method of eating less and exercising more; the fundamental foundation of weight loss.
    BMR calculator. Find out how many calories you burn at rest all day.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

If you want to gain weight, eat more calories than your BMR (mine is 1,896). To lose weight, eat less.

Most people underestimate what they take in and overestimate the calories they burn.
    I agree that bmi is shit (doesnt differentiate between fat and muscle) but the bmr is pretty accurate. You take your bmr (calories burned while your body is at rest) and then use the Harris Benedict Equation to factor in your activity level. (forgot to mention this step in my prior post)

The Harris Benedict Equation is a formula that uses your BMR and then applies an activity factor to determineyour total daily energy expenditure (calories). The only factor omitted by the Harris Benedict Equation is lean body mass. Remember, leaner bodies need more calories than less leaner ones. Therefore, this equation will be very accurate in all but the very muscular (will under-estimatecalorieneeds)and thevery fat(will over-estimate calorie needs).

Harris Benedict Formula To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
    900 seems low. Scary low, as in starvation mode. 2,183 sounds about right. That isn't that much for an active person, most nutrition guidelines are drawn up around a 2,000 calorie a day diet so you are probably right in the ballpark at 2,100 - 2,200 with your activity level.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    my BMR says 1900 for maintainence i prob get around that because i take a supplement gainer that has 940 caloriesin it....other wise im prob at like 1000-1200
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What the fuck yo. I'm at 3,500 for MAINTENANCE, and 3,000 for weight loss.
    What activity level did you guys factor by?
    Insanity Week 3 completed. Only one more week left of the first month and then I got Recovery Week. Swaaag. Feels like I just started, shit is flying by.
    I need to get some Glucosamine and other joint support supplements. My knees are starting to get sore and bother me a bit from all the high impact. Nothing ridiculous or terrible, but I need to start supporting that shit before it gets worse. Especially with the second month coming up in two weeks.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Michael Phelps was consuming 20,000 calories a day when he was training for the Beijing Olympics.
    Michael Phelps was consuming 20,000 calories a day when he was training for the Beijing Olympics.
    What the fucking fuck.......
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    my mystake.... it was 12k; not 20,000.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,403803,00.html

...... swimming is the most effective exercise there is.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    It's because he was swimming a lot. If you train swim like he does then you can eat whatever the fuck you want and not worry about it haha. Dude would chow down like 2 full pizza's and burritos and all sorts of shit. Swimming is the ultimate work out.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    once we open our pool im swimming like a mofo this year
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    erik ur bmr is prob so high because of ur activity level.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    @ ErikPepsiDoe
    Glucosamine is good shit. I used to get sore joints (elbows) from heavy lifting.
    I don't think it takes anywhere near as long to work as Dayna said
    erik ur bmr is prob so high because of ur activity level.
    It's probably more to do with his age than activity level.