Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yea Cheech. My estimated calories burned daily without even working out is 2,800 lol. But I actually wanna get the tests done at a doctor to get an exact rate.

Anyways, I think today is literally the hardest I've pushed myself yet on Insanity. I don't know what it was, but I had this beast mentality and powered through everything and only allowed myself to take 3 breaks, even when I was dying for quite a few more. Today was the fastest and hardest I've gone yet, and I was actually able to do it. One of the greatest feelings ever to be able to see myself push harder and feel my body, stamina, just everything, improving.

Four more days and month one is fucking CHECKED OFF. Dopeness. Shit is flying by.

Also, copped some Glucosamine today.
    Yea Cheech. My estimated calories burned daily without even working out is 2,800 lol. But I actually wanna get the tests done at a doctor to get an exact rate.

Anyways, I think today is literally the hardest I've pushed myself yet on Insanity. I don't know what it was, but I had this beast mentality and powered through everything and only allowed myself to take 3 breaks, even when I was dying for quite a few more. Today was the fastest and hardest I've gone yet, and I was actually able to do it. One of the greatest feelings ever to be able to see myself push harder and feel my body, stamina, just everything, improving.

Four more days and month one is fucking CHECKED OFF. Dopeness. Shit is flying by.

Also, copped some Glucosamine today.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Keep up the good work mayne. Keep setting goals for yourself and channeling your energy into positive directions and you will continue to progress.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Haven't been able to update due to the forum fuck-up, but I finished the first month on Saturday, and finished the second day of Recovery Week today. Due to being on vacation, I've been doing all my workouts in hotels lol.

Kinda nervous about the final month starting next week. I know it's gonna be the Hell of Week One all over again. But I'm also excited to start the beginning of the end. Which won't really be the end, because I've firmly decided on doing Asylum after Insanity is finished, but nonetheless.

Also, the Glucosamine has already started working after taking it for about a week, and the soreness in my knees is now very minimal, probably also 'cause of the combined relief from Recovery Week.

Last thing, yet more results have shown, my highest abs, right below my chest, the two little ones, are now visible. And my thighs and calves are getting retarded swole. Dopeness.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Whenever I used glucosamine it started to feel better within 1-2 weeks but maybe it takes longer for different people
    Well excuse me
    Daynapurtymouf personal trainer extraordinnairre
    I read that as dayna common sex?
    So, with all the programs I'm planning on doing, I'll be going well into 2013. Insanity for a other month, then Asylum for a month, then P90X for 3 months, P90X2 for 3 months, and Hip Hop Abs for a month I believe. May also do Chalean Extreme, not sure how long that one lasts doe.
    *Another month.
    DOPE!!!!!!!

I liked Insanity on Facebook, and they give updates on their latest shot, and Asylum Volume 2 comes out this year!
    *Latest shit.
    So, I'm salty. I was browsing Shaun T's Facebook page, and found out that he was literally JUST in Chicago on March 24th for an event that had a meet and greet with him, ask him questions, talk to him, etc., and to do an Insanity workout with him live in person with a workout group. Fuck man, I woulda killed to go to that.
    So, with all the programs I'm planning on doing, I'll be going well into 2013. Insanity for a other month, then Asylum for a month, then P90X for 3 months, P90X2 for 3 months, and Hip Hop Abs for a month I believe. May also do Chalean Extreme, not sure how long that one lasts doe.
    Why not just do starting strength and be done with it?
    Results after Week 5. Gonna quote the other two to show them in order.
    So this is my progress after 2 weeks. Just took the second picture today.

Before Insanity:

After 2 weeks (No flexing, the abs are even more defined if I flex.):

Oh shit ahahaha. The same jeans in all 3 pictures wasn't intended at all. Just noticed that.
    Just finished Day 1 on Month 2. Today was a double workout, equaling 90 minutes, because I had to do the 3rd Fit Test, and then the Max Interval Circuit. And holy fuck, today was Hell. Insanity hasn't been this hard since the very first week, and this was even harder. My body is screaming at me right now and my legs are still trembling a bit. I pushed all the way through, but was forced to take way too many breaks, although I know it's partly because the 30 minute Fit Test already had me a bit tired out by time I started the Max Interval Circuit, because I went fucking ham on the Fit Test. But I know that, just like the 1st month, my stamina will build up with these harder workouts and I'll be taking less breaks. But push through this week, and I'm 2/3rds done!

Here are my Fit Test results this time around. Once again, all 8 workouts improved, at least a little. Some, I'm extremely happy with, some, not so much. The Globe Jumps and Suicide Jumps for instance, I shoulda been able to get 2-3 more, but oh well, at least I still improved.

Fit Test 1 Fit Test 2   Fit Test 3
    1. Switch Kicks: 70 87             115
    2. Power Jacks: 26 38             47
    3. Power Knees: 85 94             96
    4. Power Jumps: 12 23             36
    5. Globe Jumps: 5 7               8
    6. Suicide Jumps:10 12             13
    7. Push-Up Jacks:11 16             18
    8. Low Plank Oblique:31 42             55
    Welp, that really fucked up. <_>

Simple enough doe. 1st numbers = Week 1. 2nd numbers = Week 2. 3rd numbers = Week 3.
    Why not just do starting strength and be done with it?

Wut?
    Lifting progressively heavier weights.

http://ebookee.org/Mark-Rippetoe-Starting-Strength-DVD_934019.html

Your not gonna pack on much muscle with Insanity or p90x, those are mostly fat burning programs (especially Intensity)