Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    bachmann, Perry, Gingrich, and Santorum have failed to qualify for Virgina's primary. Only choices are going to be Romney and Paul \m/
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    bachmann, Perry, Gingrich, and Santorum have failed to qualify for Virgina's primary. Only choices are going to be Romney and Paul \m/
    That's the shit!
    edited December 2011
    That's the shit!
    it really is, VA is the most important of the Super Tuesday states and if Paul can pull off a win 1 on 1 with Romney its going to force the republicans to consider him a serious contender for nomination

after NH Paul needs to campaign hard in the state
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    My uncle just told me Ron Paul is against the gays
    Is that true?
    imageimage
    That's the shit!
    it really is, VA is the most important of the Super Tuesday states and if Paul can pull off a win 1 on 1 with Romney its going to force the republicans to consider him a serious contender for nomination

after NH Paul needs to campaign hard in the state

That would be nice but I'm sure the will just find some bs reason why he isn't right for the job. They are already starting it. I hope doesn't happen that way but I have no faith in this country anymore.
    Is that true?
    No far from it. He believes it's personal choice and the government has no right being involved in your choice in the bedroom.
    edited December 2011
    Is that true?
    he personally is against gays BUT he believes no marriage AT ALL should be regulated by the federal government.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Is that true?
    No far from it.
    Is that true?
    he personally is against gays
    wut
    As long as he doesn't deny them marriage ill vote for him
    imageimage
    edited December 2011
    Is that true?
    this is a direct quote about marriage from his book liberty defined

Why should the federal government give permission to two individuals for them to call themselves married? In a free society, something that we do not truly enjoy, all voluntary and consensual agreements would be recognized.

edited December 2011
    he is against gay people, that is enough for me to throw him off a fucking cliff.
    to him homosexuality is against his moral code, it being something he would not do. as i said he believe the gov has no business telling anyone they cant be together

hes actually way WAY more pro gay rights than any other republican

just like abortion he states in his book that no law can stop abortion and trying is foolish, the only way to stop it would be to change how society views it
    He's still my front runner
    imageimage
    It's the same as his stance on drugs. He doesn't agree with them or do them but he doesn't think it's the governments right to decide your usage. He even put a bill forth to make weed legal. Same with gays he doesn't personally agree with it and it's gay but doesn't feel that's anyone's right to decide what you want to do. He doesn't let his personal ideals get in the way of his politics, that's one reason I reallylike him. He is able to separate the two and do what is best for the masses.
    He leaves it up to the states, so it will depend how your state feels about the issue. He more or less stays away from either side.
    Well jersey has legal gay marriage so im sure wed have nothing against them
    imageimage
    He leaves it up to the states, so it will depend how your state feels about the issue. He more or less stays away from either side.
    thing is many states have laws already on the books to immediately reinstate Roe vs Wade in that state if the supreme court ever overturned it.
    him being against is enough for me to say gtfo because anyone can say "sure, I don't care" before getting elected, then once they're in the position of "power" they can do anything they want.
    ron paul is a fucking fraud.
    he in the most consistent politician in the last 100 years and follows the constitution religiously. it is possible to personally object to something yet still fight for the right to do said thing. thats Ron Paul.
    I still don't like Ron Paul
    him being against is enough for me to say gtfo because anyone can say "sure, I don't care" before getting elected, then once they're in the position of "power" they can do anything they want.
    ron paul is a fucking fraud.
    he in the most consistent politician in the last 100 years and follows the constitution religiously. it is possible to personally object to something yet still fight for the right to do said thing. thats Ron Paul.
    like hes against people doing drugs BUt he believe the gov has no business protecting people from themselves
    I still don't like Ron Paul
    thats ok, most people are scared of the status quot changing