Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited December 2011
    him being against is enough for me to say gtfo because anyone can say "sure, I don't care" before getting elected, then once they're in the position of "power" they can do anything they want.
    ron paul is a fucking fraud.
    he in the most consistent politician in the last 100 years and follows the constitution religiously. it is possible to personally object to something yet still fight for the right to do said thing. thats Ron Paul.
    That is still a bunch of bullshit to me and...
    I still don't like Ron Paul
    do yourself an favor and look at his congressional voting record, it will change your mind

http://www.votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/296/
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/11/04/10-reasons-not-to-vote-for-paul/
    most of that is garbage taken out of context, read his book and you'll understand his views
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I don't read garbage.
    Irony.jpeg

I dont like ron paul but that link you posted is trash
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    i got to number 2 and quit reading there...he doesn't want to take away your right to have an abortion...he just doesn't want it to be decided at a federal level...he wants to make it up to the individual states

i got to number 2 and quit reading there...he doesn't want to take away your right to have an abortion...he just doesn't want it to be decided at a federal level...he wants to make it up to the individual states

he believes abortion is a moral and social issue, not a legal one. he also supports less restrictive adoption laws so it can actually be a viable alternative.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    edited December 2011
    i agree with him at least with it not being a legal issue
    edited December 2011
    by the way all the pro-choice people should HATE Romney with a passion, not paul. Romney supports the Person hood amendment to the Constitution which makes all abortion under any circumstance, even if the mother will die, illegal . it also makes the day after pill and certain birth control illegal too. there's the guy you should hate
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I don't read garbage.
    Irony.jpeg

I dont like ron paul but that link you posted is trash
    lol srsly
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bill Murray for president! **==
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    Ron Paul is number one going into Iowa. Up like 2.5% over Romney and like 8% over the newt!
    Ron Paul is number one going into Iowa. Up like 2.5% over Romney and like 8% over the newt!
    **==
    in the grand scheme of things i dont think its going to really matter if he wins iowa but well take all the we can get in this race
    in the grand scheme of things i dont think its going to really matter if he wins iowa but well take all the we can get in this race
    its a helluva lot better than losing it. He HAS to place 1st or at least a very strong second in NH. If Romney blows him out of the water its going to hurt his momentum bad

at this point its pretty much going to come down to Romney and Paul for the Nomination. No one else can sustain momentum, Gingrich is going to keep getting torn apart for the Mass grave in his closest and none of the other candidates are even polling in double digits nationally
    gingrich has the support of the party tho, if hes made it this far with all his closet bullshit he can at least win the nomination...sure he might get torn apart when facing obama but i dont think u can count him out of the running yet... romney looks like the strong fav at this point tho, hopefully paul can gain the momentum needed to win iowa and NH and start to really make a name for himself... i might even give a little to his campaign now that xmas is over and might have a little money..
    edited December 2011
    i donated to the black this out money bomb in oct.

I really do think we can count Gingrich out, his polls slide over 13 points since the beginning of dec and he has a lot of opposition within the party. Many in the GoP have been slamming him over the abolishing courts and impeaching judges comments. social conservatives hate him for cheating on his dying wife. he had 84 ethics violations and the general public will not forgive him from making an ass ton of money from fannie and freddie while the housing market collapsed. he has zero chance, Hell even Glenn Beck won't even support gingrich.

and on the insane chance he wins the nomination, Obama would slaughter him in the general election
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    i donated to the black this out money bomb in oct.

I really do think we can count Gingrich out, his polls slide over 13 points since the beginning of dec and he has a lot of opposition within the party. Many in the GoP have been slamming him over the abolishing courts and impeaching judges comments. social conservatives hate him for cheating on his dying wife. he had 84 ethics violations and the general public will not forgive him from making an ass ton of money from fannie and freddie while the housing market collapsed. he has zero chance, Hell even Glenn Beck won't even support gingrich.

and on the insane chance he wins the nomination, Obama would slaughter him in the general election
    I donated as well, got my yard sign and bumper sticker.

I agree, newt is done. Because os the tendency of Americans to react more to emotion than facts his cheating on his wife is enough to count him out. The media will destroy him just on that not to metion all the other things you mentioned.

I think if RP doesn't get the nomination he will run independent. He has the money for it and I believe the support is there that he could actually win.

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I hope so much that Ron Paul wins Iowa.

I don't think he has a chance in hell at the nomination nor would I want him as president over Romney even but we all know Romney has like a 98% chance at winning the nomination so anything that goes against him until Nov is a win.
    edited December 2011
    Who would you vote for president if the election was tomm
    Obama
    Paul
    Romney
    Gingrich
    Bachman
    Other

pollcode.com free polls 
    Take my poll!
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Ron Paul is a sociopath, but i do agree with some of his anti "America as Empire" stances.....

Obama is far from great, but the GOP field is horrifying.....