Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

1202122232426»

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    at least trolling yahoo comments is fun
    edited January 2012
    yahoo users did NOT like this comment that i made lolol

wanting to keep people as slaves and start there own country because of it is now the second dumbest thing south carolina has ever done
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    between quantitative easing the entire world and tens of trillions in secret bailouts to company's like McDonald's

How am I supposed to argue with you if your sentences don't even make grammatical sense?

I'm not really a Bernanke fan, but I'm
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited January 2012
    hes sure hell bent on destroying the value of the dollar. between quantitative easing the entire world and tens of trillions in secret bailouts to company's like McDonald's... yes McD's got a bailout... hes done damage to the economy we'll feel for quite a long time

maybe you should have copied the entire sentence, derp a little harder next time
    You clearly couldn't grasp what I was talking about. Your "sentence" didn't make sense even with the rest of it.

Before you come back and say you just don't care about spelling or grammar, it's essential. Besides, since you've now read a few books, you should at least know how actual people and politicians outline their thoughts. Did Ron Paul have any prepositional phrases in his books? Perhaps not, otherwise you'd know how to use them.

Onto Bernanke, my post was cut off earlier, don't know how...Bernanke is not the right guy making the right decisions, but your accusations of him intentionally devaluing the dollar are absurd. Companies like McD's getting money definitely isn't any good, but it's not as if his attempts to keep companies that employ millions of Americans in good economic standing is disingenuous.
    edited January 2012
    Hes intentionally printing tens of trillions of dollars in secret and sending it overseas, causing inflation and devaluing the dollar. as far as i'm concerned he should be charged with treason

also whether or not you think grammar on the internet is essential is irrelevant to me, seeing as i really don't care.
    It's a wonder that you made it through a page of any book without pictures for you to understand.

He's clearly not doing a good job of his secret printing of trillions of dollars if a Carolinian working class guy has so much knowledge about it. Is he printing it in 1's, 20's or 100's? That's a lot of bills, man.
    not all of these are 100 percent accurate questions but most raise serious questions as to why obama may not deserve a second term

1. Why didn't he keep his campaign promise to close Guantanamo?
    2. Why didn't he keep his campaign promise to end the wars?
    3. Why didn't the constitutional law professor keep his campaign promise to end the unconstitutional practice of issuing executive orders?
    4. Why did he extend Bush's tax cuts for corporations?
    5. Why did he extend the patriot act?
    6. Why has he not held Attorney General Eric Holder accountable for operation fast and furious?
    7. Why has he not sought to prosecute the illegal practices on wall street that contributed to the financial crisis?
    8. Why did he change his mind on investigating Bush administration officials for war crimes?
    9. Why did he lie and say he would veto NDAA?
    10. Why did he renege on his campaign promise to end unconstitutional military commissions for detainees?
    11. Why has Obama initiated military action in places like Libya without the approval of congress?
    12. Why has Obama violated the sovereignty of other nations by authorizing military action within their borders without consulting them?
    13. Why does Obama continue to encourage the use of predator drone strikes to eliminate a single target with no regard for the innocent lives lost in such attacks?
    14. Where are the food labels for country of origin and genetic modification that he promised in his campaign?
    15. With his Justice Department proposing the ability for agencies to deny the existence of documents being sought under the freedom of information act, what happened with the campaign promise to make the government more transparent?
    16. Why does his home affordable refinance program to address the foreclosure problem transfer the financial liability for refinancing loans from wall street banks to taxpayers?
    17. Why has Obama issued waivers for the child soldiers protection act that is meant to stop the US from supplying military aid to countries that recruit soldiers under the age of 15... twice?
    18. Why did Obama promise during his campaign that the would grant Cubans unrestricted right to visit their families yet he renewed the trading with the enemy act to restrict travel?
    19. Why did Obama allow continued arms sales to Bahrain three months after it was placed on the UN list of human rights offenders?
    20. Why did he lobby congress to sell military equipment to Uzbekistan who has one of the worlds most repressive dictators?
    21. Why did Obama push for the trans-pacific partnership trade agreement that's modeled after the job killing NAFTA?
    22. Why did Obama put social security, medicare and medicaid on the chopping block with programs for working and poor families during the debt ceiling debate?
    A lot of those are attempts at ending partisanism, which is pretty fucking important. But there are a few good questions in there.
    you must not have heard about that partial audit of the Fed that found he loaned 16 trillion that no one knew about before hand and that was only a partial. who knows what would be uncover if they actually got a full audit. also the term "printing money" is a figure of speech, you should know that with your intellectual superiority complex.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    you should know that with your intellectual superiority complex.
    OHHH.gif 496.2K
    imageimage
    Oh my god, it's almost as if the trillions spent by the government is an attempt at keeping American employing businesses afloat. You're making Bernanke's actions seem intentionally damaging to the dollar, but instead it's just injection of capital. Sure, it doesn't work. Sure, it's stupid, but it's not like Bernanke is thinking in his mind "what can I do to destroy the American dollar and the American market."

If you think you can blow your I hate the government load on just the Fed then you're retarded. The Fed is a conceptually fine idea that is lost in practice.

Yeah, the term "printing money" is a figure of speech, but considering how you couldn't even communicate properly for a while, it's not my fault I thought you could be imagining Bernanke specially creating a 1 trillion dollar bill just to throw millions of them to companies and satisfy his love of killing capitalism.
    edited January 2012
    The Fed's failed Keynesian monetary policy of spending its way into Prosperity is what got us into the mess in the first place. Them price fixing of interest rates is what caused the bubbles that collapsed the market when they burst. All Bernanke is doing is aggravating the problem by not allowing the market to auto-correct itself and shed the toxic debt.

Also i don't think The Fed is the cause of all America's problems. i do, however, think its causes most of the economic problems.
    Keynesian economics is what got us out of the depression, and it, like Smith economics, both work when implemented the right way. You may not reach prosperity by spending out the wazoo, but you also don't get there by hoarding it.

Idealistic microeconomic terms still result in a lag on the macroeconomic scale. Paul's economic policies are essentially economic starvation.
    Shit like the New Deal prolonged the Despression
    Retrospective views on things like the New Deal still are demonstrative of success. The New Deal still wasn't a real use of ideal Keynesian economics, but yeah, it did it's job. People worked, and although it didn't make everything immediately make things awesome (like cutting every government expense would do, right?), it doesn't mean it isn't a success.

You just need people off their asses collecting welfare, and that's what a New Deal-esque policy could do for the US right now. Create incentives for people to work in infrastructure.
    edited January 2012
    People could get more jobs if Capital wasn't being driven out of the country by over-regulation and failed monetary policy.

i do agree that we need a massive injection into infrastructure and that's something that only government spending can fix. instead of sending tens of billions that we don't have to rich people in poor country's we need to start fixing bridges and building new highways at home. i am against ALL foreign aid, even humanitarian cause it ends up being used as a weapon.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    On January 21st 1997, The House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly to reprimand House Speaker Newt Gingrich and order him to pay an unprecedented $300,000 penalty. The FIRST time in the House's 208 year history that it has disciplined a speaker for ethical wrong doing. On January 21st 2012 South Carolina voted for him to be their 2012 Candidate.................................

doesn't matter, Obama would annihalte him in the general election. he can't survive a billion dollar scorched earth campaign of negative ads on all the shit hes done and said.