Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
edited December 2011 in Off Topic
Ron Paul is less than 1% away from being the front runner in Iowa and jumped 10% in NH

The Revolution is taking hold \m/

Comments

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Ron Paul is less than 1% away from being the front runner in Iowa and jumped 10% in NH

The Anti-Christ's reign is taking hold \m/
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    LOL,

i'd take the anti-christ over the real christ anyday
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    edited December 2011
    No1curr
    if you don't care about this election regardless of who you support you're retarded
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I wish Shane was running, I'd vote for Shane.
    I wish Shane was running, I'd vote for Shane.
    rofl.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    looks like another year of a giant douche running against a turd sandwich
    looks like another year of a giant douche running against a turd sandwich
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Wont be voting
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    They all suck
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

If Ron Paul was the Republican Presidential candidate, I'd be more excited about the race then I ever have. More excited then when Ross Perot was winning. it would be the first time I ever voted in the election without "throwing my vote away"

And honestly I think he has a huge chance of winning for one reason.... The majority of the people that vote for president vote along party lines. Most dont care who it is, but if they are R or D. So Ron Paul would definitely not scare away any long time R voters.... What he does do though is get the full backing of the libertarian and constitutional parties. I'd be willing to bet if Ron Paul is running, that the libertarians wont ever have a third party. And furthermore Ron Paul wins far more swing voters then any other candidate.

The thing is though..... I dont think the R party will allow him to be their candidate. They do not consider him a real party member, and him winning doesnt benefit the R party.... except maybe to repair their image. Just dont think they will allow it.
    edited December 2011

If Ron Paul was the Republican Presidential candidate, I'd be more excited about the race then I ever have. More excited then when Ross Perot was winning. it would be the first time I ever voted in the election without "throwing my vote away"

And honestly I think he has a huge chance of winning for one reason.... The majority of the people that vote for president vote along party lines. Most dont care who it is, but if they are R or D. So Ron Paul would definitely not scare away any long time R voters.... What he does do though is get the full backing of the libertarian and constitutional parties. I'd be willing to bet if Ron Paul is running, that the libertarians wont ever have a third party. And furthermore Ron Paul wins far more swing voters then any other candidate.

The thing is though..... I dont think the R party will allow him to be their candidate. They do not consider him a real party member, and him winning doesnt benefit the R party.... except maybe to repair their image. Just dont think they will allow it.
    i agree, also a lot of disenfranchised Democrats (like myself) tired of bush term3 are jumping ship to vote for Ron Paul
    yeah... it is a sliding scale. There is probably like 25% who are die hard R's or D's and wont change their vote no matter what. Another 20% on each side that generally like to vote either R or D but could be convinced to jump ship. And then maybe 10% like me that are truly in the middle and typically vote 3rd party or "the worst of evils".

If Ron Paul is the the R candidate, he has the 25% R's locked, the 20% who lean R but might flop, the 10% Independents, and perhaps 10% of the leaning democrats. He could possibly beat Obama with damn close to 60% of the popular vote.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    edited December 2011
    ure votez dont influance electorial college so go home a sulkz [-(

theyll put who they want in office ron paul will neva be prez because he's not an official partae there are only 2 partaez and they are frontz fer teh illuminati to make y00z think so

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Duh. I already said the R party wouldnt allow Ron Paul to be their candidate.
    l
    ure votez dont influance electorial college so go home a sulkz [-(

theyll put who they want in office ron paul will neva be prez because he's not an official partae there are only 2 partaez and they are frontz fer teh illuminati to make y00z think so
    you're wrong catz, America only has a single party. there is no difference from the left to the right
    America has a single party,.........lmfao!

look beneath the surface.... the writing is on the wall
    edited December 2011

yep. The economic policies and government operational policies do not have any significant difference between the two parties. However to give the illusion of choice they take differing positions on heated moral issues such as gun control, abortion, etc... Basically moral issues that the government has no business governing is the only difference between the two parties. The bottom line is the government is too damn profitable to allow the economic policies to change by the will of the people.

As long as you vote for a R or D, you are not voting at all but falling for their illusion of choice.
    edited December 2011

yep. The economic policies and government operational policies do not have any significant difference between the two parties. However to give the illusion of choice they take differing positions on heated moral issues such as gun control, abortion, etc... Basically moral issues that the government has no business governing is the only difference between the two parties. The bottom line is the government is too damn profitable to allow the economic policies to change by the will of the people.

As long as you vote for a R or D, you are not voting at all but falling for their illusion of choice.
    what people aren't smart enough to realize is the government will never move on any issues like abortion, gun control, weed leagization, gay marriage ect. these are issues they use to swing the will of the people to their purpose. outside of moral issues used as control measures there is no difference